Houdini & Doyle Trailer: Does Fox's New Mystery Series Look Magical?

Fox on Friday pulled the curtain back on Houdini & Doyle, unveiling a 50-second teaser trailer for its upcoming 10-episode magical/mystery yarn.

The limited series, which stars House vet Michael Weston as master magician Houdini and Episodes’ Stephen Mangan as renowned Sherlock Holmes author Doyle, follows the pair as they join forces with New Scotland Yard to investigate unsolved and inexplicable and possibly supernatural crimes.

Canadian Rebecca Liddiard (Netflix’s Between) also stars, as Adelaide Stratton, the first female constable ever to work for the London Metropolitan Police Force.

Houdini & Doyle — from House creator David Shore — is slated to appear before your very eyes this spring.

Press PLAY above and then hit the comments with your your quickie first impression.

1. Cory says:

This looks EXCELLENT. I hope it does well both on FOX, in Canada and in the UK and they collectively renew it. Damn it looks so much fun.

2. Mike says:

Uhh…Uhh..Sigh

3. Lucy says:

Another supernatural themed show? Please. What does this mean for Sleepy Hallow?

• Ivan says:

Sleepy Hollow was dead the moment they destroyed the basic premise and shifted focus from beloved characters to make it into a soap. FOX renewed it for S3 only because they had nothing to fill their schedule with. Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison are too talented for those amateur writers anyway.

• Dmac says:

I wouldn’t count it out just yet. This season went back to their season one storytelling and their DVR and On Demand playbacks have been rising. This show and Sleepy Hollow would be a great pairing.

• Dmac says:

It would be a good pairing with Sleepy
      Hollow.

• herman1959 says:

The fact that no airdate is mentioned makes me feel like FOX will air the 10 episodes in Sleepy Hollow’s spot after this season’s run.

4. prish says:

WOW! On Board!

5. I watched this, thinking that neither one looked like Michael Westen – then realized I was looking for Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice!

6. Haukmoor says:

Hmm thought they were rivals/enemies in real life.

• SAM says:

Initially they were good friends but then began to clash because Doyle believed in spiritualism, which Houdini exposed as frauds, and then Doyle started stating publicly that Houdini had to be spiritualist in order to perform such feats.

7. Dmac says:

This looks amazing. It’s nice to see their side kick is a female and a kick ass one at that. Very interesting premise.

8. Sheila says:

I love Stephen Mangan, so I’ll give it a shot.

9. Yawn. I rarely say that about any show but I did not feel any tinge of excitement or interest when I saw this clip. Hopefully the pilot will dazzle us all.

10. Carol C says:

I loved Mangan in Episodes, and Weston played a creepy addict in Elementary, plus I’m a big mystery fan, so very much looking forward to this. Reminds me a bit of PBS’s Arthur and George.

• Emma says:

Same commissioning team in the UK which might explain it?

• prish says:

Weston did play Olivia’s brother on SVU, and that role had a lot of heart. It’ll be fun to see him play a character [Houdini] who was a success…kind of therapeutic for the viewers.

11. I have loved Stephen Mangan since Green Wing but I’m unsure about this one.