Dan Haggerty Dead Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams' Dan Haggerty Dead at 74

Dan Haggerty, best known for playing the title role in The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams, has died. He was 74.

Per TMZ, the actor had been battling cancer for several months.

Haggerty played James “Grizzly” Adams, a mountain man whose best friend was a bear he raised from a cub, in the short-lived NBC series, which aired in the late 1970s.

He guest-starred on ChiPs and Charlie’s Angels, in addition to other film roles and voiceover work. Haggerty also appeared in the series-related movies Grizzly Mountain and Escape to Grizzly Mountain.

1. Chris says:

Feel free to take a day off anytime now, Cancer. Sheesh!

2. Dawn Darliing says:

I liked watching Grizzly Adams plus I thought he was good looking;) Sad to ad of his passing. To many stars are passing to young.

3. kirby kirkland says:

i remermbered he was in few starred battle of the network stars too

4. Gwen says:

Grizzly Adams was my favorite show

5. herman1959 says:

OMG, all of these people dying of Cancer this week…so sad.

6. Melisa says:

RIP a great actor

7. Susan Hirsch says:

Such a great loss for humanity and the animals. Thank you Dan for your help when we needed you for an event to help bring attention to the brutal killing of wolves. We felt so blessed to have met such an amazing and very kind man. You will be truly missed. RIP with your beautiful wife Samantha now.

• Dave Sommer says:

What a crap Crap Start to the new year. Loved watching GA as a kid another sad loss and many good memories.
      RIP Dan

8. Fatima Ferentinos says:

I met Dan at the Renanisance Fair as a young college girl spinning wool and later came to see him in LA and ate all the vitamins in his friends frig. It ended up being LSD and Dan took me home to the family and later drove me to the woods of Idlewild and left me in a sleeping bag in the snow. Afraid to get in trouble with a minor in 1969 he abandoned me. True story

9. Geri McGirt says:

I loved watching Dan in the role as James in Grizzly Adams. It was a wonderful outdoor adventure story and I love the outdoors and the wilderness… sorry to hear of his passing….

10. I met Dan in 2004 at Turtle Bay north shore Oahu Hawaii, he was a judge for the World Hawaiian Tropic beauty contest, girls from every nation through out the world, we hit it off well of course he had such great personality ,he introduced me to his son, great weekend that I’ll never forget, overwhelming amount of beautiful girls, me, I’m just a ol farm boy from central Mn. This world needs more people like Dan.