Empire Renewed for Season 3 at Fox

As Cookie would say, “Oh, and Anika, this is a no-brainer.”

Fox on Friday announced that it has renewed ratings juggernaut Empire for a third season.

Although down from its Season 1 highs, Empire remains a force to be reckoned with in the Nielsens; it ranks as broadcast TV’s No. 1 show in 18-49 and its cumulative weekly audience exceeds 20 million viewers.

The show resumes its current sophomore season on Wednesday, March 30 at 9/9c. Watch the midseason trailer here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. herman1959 says:

Absolutely no surprise. Now, what about Sleepy Hollow?

2. RD says:

Well it needs to improve writing-wise in season 3. Season 2 has been quite sloppy so far.

• ABG says:

It’s still very entertaining but I think it might collapse at any point. Also there’s only so many times they can change record labels before it gets old and pointless.

However, anything to have Taraji on TV is great news.

• abz says:

Agreed, The writing this season has been subpar. I still enjoy it, but I think its struggling. I used to hate waiting a week between episodes. This season however, it’s not even priority television anymore and I can push to the weekend or following week because of how much its decreased in quality.
      The whole Jamal/Alicia Keys storyline was beyond stupid (I still hate that they did it). The separation of Jamal and Cookie was also not a great decision. Also the decision to have Anika go all psycho was just odd to me. I’d much rather have seen her exact vengeance and it would’ve been more interesting if it had been her who ousted Lucious instead of Carmela (Naomi Campbell).

3. Annie says:

Hopefully they correct some issues in the second half of the season. I don’t have high hopes for that happening. The show needs a new ShowRunner who will do a better job of connecting one episode to the next.

4. samuel says:

Nice and cool d film is dope

5. Orlean Oladele says:

I love the show just don’t like Jamal kissing Alicia Keys that’s my man 😘 Show is Dope!! Remind me of Hustler and Flow. Please don’t cancelled Vampire Dairies love that show too , on Thursday not Friday’s

6. tonythetank says:

The show is really not that good. A terrible soap opera.

7. tonythetank says:

Most overrated show on TV. How in hell it gets an 84 rating on Rotten Tomato.