Nashville Best Songs TV Series ABC

Nashville: The Rockin' Drama's 19 Best Musical Performances So Far

If weeeeeeee didn’t know better, we’d think Nashville were trying to kill us.

After all, the country-music drama’s midseason premiere is still months — plural! — away. What’s a Rayna-obsessed TV viewer to do until March 16?

One suggestion: Keep yourself busy by clicking through our list of the series’ best musical performances so far.

There’s a lot to love in the gallery below, which takes into consideration all four seasons (but not the On the Record specials) of the ABC series. And, before you ask, we interpreted “performance” very loosely, so you’ll see both stadium showstoppers and quiet lullabies represented.

Wrong SongMissippi FloodBorrow My Heart? They’re all here — plus much more. Click on the gallery below to get started, then hit the comments to let us know your favorite Nashville tunes.

1. slowride says:

Awesome list and awesome song. I just wish “This Town” was on it ! Either way, can’t wait for more Nashville either !!

2. Boiler says:

Great article and love for this awesome show.

3. Winston says:

I’m sorry, but without “Nothing in the world” from the season 1 finale, this list does not compute.

4. Bryce says:

I would also include “Nothing in This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again.” That song was so emotional and showed off Hayden’s acting and vocal talents perfectly.

5. Courtney says:

“Fade Into You” Scarlett and Gunnar. By far my favorite. I still listen to it regularly.

6. Martin says:

I’m glad of the inclusion of my favourite one “Don’t Put Dirt On My Grave Just Yet”…….but the list is not complete without two of the best and most powerful performances of the series, “Black Roses” – when Scarlett sings it to her mother & when Avery sings Wills song “History Of My Heart”

7. Suzanne says:

The fact that my three favorites – “Believing,” “I Will Never Let You Know,” and “Nothing in this World…” – didn’t even make your list is just further proof of how many GREAT songs are featured on the show!

8. CMG says:

What about “How You Learn to Live Alone?” That was an amazing performance by Avery/Jonathan Jackson, both in the show and on the “On the Record” special.

9. Ben says:

It’s a pretty decent list, but mine includes a lot more of Lennon and Maisy. Maddie might be a pain on the show, but I can’t wait for those girls to sing. “A Life Thats Good” is my favourite, but I’d include at least one of Telescope/Ho Hey from the first season (yeah, I preferred the stripped back Telescope to Juliets version) and “Heart on Fire”. (I also listen to I’ve got you and you’ve got me a lot, but I don’t specifically remember its context on the show itself, so I guess I have to pass on that).

I also think “Fade into You”… I mean, I get not wanting to overdo the list with Gunnar and Scarlett, and the ones you have chosen are all fantastic. But Fade Into You is my favourite.

10. Ally Oop says:

This is one of the best shows on TV so I find it so wrong that the ratings are so low. Definitely deserves better ratings. Such an awesome ensemble cast, writing and music.

11. Tim says:

So many great songs are from season 1 when TBone Burnett was involved.

My favor orate song not listed was Luke Wheeler’s “If I drink this beer”. It was a great pop song, and showed how great art could come from great douchebaggery.

12. Diz says:

My 2 favorites are Don’t put dirt on my grave & Black Roses. How the heck is Black Roses not on the list?

13. TJ says:

“I can’t help my heart” should definitely be on this list. Same with “Black Roses” and “If I drink this beer” – all are beautiful, emotional and sung to perfection.

14. Trent says:

Aubrey/Layla singing Too Far From You is hands down my favourite performance

15. Kat says:

“I Will Never Let You Know” by Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio belongs at the top of this list!

16. Doris Hamilton says:

I absolutely love this show! It makes my whole week to watch it. Actually I might just watch the shows multiple times. Feel like they are part of my family!

17. Crystal says:

Of the songs listed, I LOVE “When the Right Ones Comes Along”, but think “Fade Into You” would have been another strong contender, and how about Avery’s ballads????

18. Aline says:

Interesting that most songs are from Season 1 and 2. It just proves that something changed and now the music’s not that great anymore. Seasons 1 and 2 had amazing songs! AKA A Life That’s Good (I even played at my wedding!). But seasons 3 and 4 had average and somewhat not memorable songs…just sad! :(