Adam Lambert Rocky Horror

Adam Lambert Joins the Cast of Fox's Rocky Horror Picture Show Remake

Here’s some perfect casting news for your Thursday afternoon: Grammy nominee Adam Lambert will make a special appearance in Fox’s upcoming Rocky Horror Picture Show remake, EW.com reports.

The “Ghost Town” singer will play Eddie, the motorcycle-riding ex-delivery boy who crashes Dr. Frank-n-Further’s twisted party; the role was famously played by singer Meatloaf in the original 1975 film adaptation.

This marks Lambert’s third major appearance on Fox. In addition to coming in second place during American Idol‘s eighth season, Lambert also recurred in the fifth season of Glee, playing Elliott “Starchild” Gilbert.

Lambert joins previously announced cast members: Laverne Cox (as Dr. Frank-n-Further), Victoria Justice (as Janet), Ryan McCartan (as Brad), Reeve Carney (as Riff Raff) and Staz Nair (as Rocky).

Your thoughts on Lambert’s addition to the cast? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. iHeart says:

really? He’s playing Eddie? I see that in the title he’s joining the remake thinking “Frank-N-Furter” but seriously Eddie?

2. Eric says:

I would have rather seen him as Frank but hey, this isn’t too bad I guess. First piece of casting I can fully endorse.

3. Roberta says:

Wow! This is great news!! Adam Lambert will kill it!

4. Cory says:

I love Laverne Cox, I really do. She is an amazing woman, i love watching her act. That being said, she should not play Frank-N-Furter. Adam should if he is in it. Laverne should play Magenta if anything.

5. sammy says:

ANY role Adam does is bound to be great!!!!

6. Adam could probably play most of the roles ,but I think he is perfect for Eddie… It’s my favorite Character and Adam will make Eddie unforgettable.Meatloaf was great and Adam will be as well.

7. In my opinion Adam should be playing the lead role. He was born to play Dr. Frank-N-Furter. He would be fabulous in that role. Can you imagine Adam coming down in that elevator (lift). The gate opens, and Adam comes sauntering out in drag singing his heart out! I heard he turned down the role. Maybe he didn’t want to be type cast. The role of Eddie is small but fabulous. Meat Loaf…ate that role up..LOL. Adam will be spectacular.

• kathydnj says:

I agree — he will be great but would love to have seen him take on the Doctor role — he is the perfect choice! Will be interesting to see the rest of the cast now….

8. Lking says:

Genius casting! Adam will slsy this part!

9. taylorrness says:

great casting! now I’m really excited to see who they get for Columbia, and for Magenta opposite Reeve Carney!

10. Kathy says:

While I love Laverne Cox, ADAM LAMBERT would have been the MUCH better choice to play the Doctor — seriously, he is simply the perfect choice!! I am sad to see he is playing Eddie, because that role is NOT worthy of his talent — ADAM should be Dr. Frank-N-Furter!!

11. Linda R. Diaz says:

I’ve been a huge fan of Adam’s since American Idol days; he is extremely talented and gorgeous….most of all, seems like a nice person. ANYTHING HE DOES, ANY ROLE HE PLAYS, IN MY BOOK, HE CAN DO NO WRONG! SO HAPPY FOR HIM AND ANYONE THAT EXPERIENCES HIS TALENT!!

12. DORY says:

ADAM LAMBERT!

13. msdee633 says:

Loving anything with Adam Lambert…

14. outonpluto says:

Lambert singing that role? Great – he and Meatloaf are sympatico – looking forward to this –

15. KC says:

Terrific! He’ll be the ONLY reason I watch.

16. annehedonia says:

He will steal the show! It’ll be fun and great to watch. Excited!

17. good choice. A talented young man.

18. Judy Lushman says:

This is exciting news. Can’t wait to see Adam slay the role of Eddie. So excited! Can’t wait for the fall to come.

19. Carol says:

Adam is so deserving.Very talented and good looking.You got it Adam!

20. Lia says:

Perfect choice!

21. Tara17 says:

He would have been great as Frank but Eddie is a great part. Good casting. Not crazy about Laverne Cox as Frank because I think of her as a woman (and I’d prefer someone “manlier” for the role, go figure) but I’m sure she’ll rock the part anyway. Didn’t know she could sing!

22. Elle says:

Rock remake : Still no.

23. He will absolutely kill it!! great casting, can’t wait to see it!! Love ADAM!!!

24. Michelle says:

NOT perfect casting.Shouldn’t touch this movie at all , but if you have to.Give Adam Lambert the role of Frank-N-Furter.That’s the only way this thing could be halfway watchable.

25. Sara says:

He should play the role of Frank-n-Furter. He is fantastic and and he can really sing” I love Adam Lambert”