Teen Wolf Recap

Teen Wolf Recap: Beast Unburdened

The Beast of Gévaudan is officially on the loose in Beacon Hills, and while I still can’t spell its name without double-checking Google, at least we know a lot more about it after Tuesday’s Teen Wolf.

For example, we know that it isn’t a “new” chimera, but rather a super-old creature that’s been “resurrected” by the Dread Doctors. And its presence in town has everyone on edge; not only did Theo (sort of) propose a truce with Scott, but Argent was forced to rehabilitate good ol’ Gerard so he could lend a hand. I honestly don’t know which move was more desperate.

But hey, at least Scott and Stiles put a big fat Band-Aid on their fractured friendship this week. Between the “Sciles” reunion and Stiles coming clean to his dad about what really happened with Donovan, my hope for that boy was almost completely renewed tonight. Now if only he could set things right with Malia — who’s currently a little preoccupied busting baddies with Braeden — all would be well in the Stiles-verse.

Elsewhere this week…

CHIMER-OMEO & JULIET | For those of you keeping score at home, we now have two inter-pack romances on our hands: Liam and Selena Gomez Hayden remain committed to keeping their star-crossed relationship alive, while a new spark has officially been lit between Mason and Corey. Of course, any hope viewers might have for a double date will likely be dashed by Theo, who could make ruining the moment his full-time job. (And I really have nowhere else to discuss this, so I’ll just ask it here: Did anyone else think Theo was going to use those jumper cables as nipple clamps during his little “training” session? Anyone?)

‘DON’T BE AFRAID’ | Can we talk about Meredith for a second? Words can’t possibly describe the euphoria I experienced when I realized who was attached to the slimy afro that emerged from the bathtub in Eichen House this week. It was very appropriate, very Samara from The Ring. And I’m thrilled that she’s decided to mentor Lydia and teach her how to use her voice like a weapon. She’s been letting that instrument gather rust for far too long.

Teen Wolf fans, did you enjoy Meredith’s return as much as I did? And what are your thoughts on the new monster in town? Drop a comment with your review of the episode below.

1. Drew says:

This was a really good episode but is anyone else sick of mtv forcing shanara chronicles on us even after it has premiered feels like teen wolf is an after thought for them

• Dysturbed says:

It may be overkill and annoying, but it’s also a smart move. They have an expensive show that they want people to watch, so they heavily promote it, especially at a time when they know that people are likely to watch the channel due to Teen Wolf already being a success. In other words, they’re not treating Teen Wolf as an afterthought, but as a show that they think so highly of, that they believe that those watching it may also tune into the next show if it’s promoted enough.

• Teen Wolf Season 5 Episode 12
      ==

gh

• Teen Wolf Season 5 Episode 12
      ==

g

hn

2. Hipper says:

Teen Wolf currently has WAY too many characters that we’re supposed to care about… it’s getting to be True Blood territory.

I’m barely registering Liam and now I have to be concerned about his girlfriend, his best friend and his best friend’s new guy? Oh please.

• Yeah, I don’t care much about them and throughout the episode I was quite confused as to the amount of focus on them, especially the way they dropped in that plot of Malia working with Braeden, and the fact that most people knew Kira would show up in that episode. I couldn’t even remember Liam’s name throughout the episode. The show is better when they are focusing on Scott, Stiles, Kira, Lydia, and Malia, (forgive me if I’m forgetting anyone from that main pack). But since Scott and Stiles are off to reform their pack I’m hoping it’ll pull focus back to them.

3. Jim King says:

I am a little confused, is this now taking place in the present or part of Lydia’s flashbacks from the 5A season opener. Wasn’t she using her voice as a weapon in that early escape attempt? And did Theo capture Parish and if so how?

4. Bec Thumma says:

I don’t like the way Jeff Davis throws ads out sounding like this is going to happen, or this is going to be going down. And then we get 15 min of an episode. Examples, Scott being a berserker, and he was only one for about 5 min. Or now this Scott and Stiles fight, it was nothing, it barely lasted, it’s very misleading. And Scott is still lying to himself, in last season not once did Stiles trust Theo, but that was his justification during the fight, “you trusted him too”. No, Stiles never did. Scott never listens to his friends (I won’t call it a pack, because there is no pack). I heard Jeff Davis say he’s only doing maybe one more season, good, maybe a good writer will take over and take this show to the level it should be, not these soap opera comic books. And they stole “The Beast” from an ep of Scoobie Doo, sadly.

• ScottJ says:

The Beast is a historical French monster first sighted in 1764. Its a part of the overall werewolf mythology so I’d say Scoobie Doo stole it first.

5. Teen Wolf Season 5 Episode 12

==

6. Luvprue1 says:

It seem like Lydia was dreaming about Meredith . But isn’t Meredith lock inside of Eichen house ? or is Meredith dead?

Does anyone know what Stiles was talking about when he was talking
    to sheriff Stilinski and ask “What about Kira?

• JusttJazzy says:

I’m not too sure about Meredith, but when Stiles brought up Kira, he was referring to the time when she randomly murdered some girl in Scott’s kitchen. Kira’s dad covered for her and told Stiles’ dad, the sheriff, that he was the one who committed the crime. That was the same episode where Scott’s mom told the sheriff he needed to “bend” in certain situations because supernatural things are hard to justify when it comes to the law & they need to protect their kids.

7. Phobe Grey says:

Teen Wolf has been an ‘afterthought’ for a lot of people for a long time as the decline in ratings show.

8. liame says:

Thrilled to see Braeden!

9. liame says:

“Slimy Afro”. Hmmm, that’s a first.

10. Gerri says:

Great Episode. Happy about Scott and Stiles working together. Best news all day.
    Yes there are too many characters doing their own thing.
    I really still don’t consider Mason a part of the pack,even if he is Liam’s friend.
    The beast is terrifying, but if it truly just wants to kill, what is stopping it right now. There should be a trail of bodies. Not just one.
    Loved the episode though.

11. spu says:

I loved this episode. And Sciles reunion OMG! Cant wait to see Stydia and Kira back!