Shameless Renewed Season 7

Shameless Renewed for Season 7

The dysfunctional Gallagher drama will continue.

Showtime has renewed Shameless for Season 7, the network announced on Tuesday.

Shameless has clearly resonated with audiences as evidenced by their steady growth on Sunday nights over the past six years,” Gary Levine, president of programming for Showtime, said in a statement. “We are extremely pleased with the creative work being done by John Wells, Nancy Pimental and the entire cast, producers and writers – and we so appreciate Shameless’ clear and distinctive voice.”

The 12-episode season will begin shooting later this year.

1. JJ says:

Ecstatic to hear this news but please fix this show!! Fix the characters and fix the storylines!! Season 1 thru Season 4 were the best.

• Tim says:

I agree. Season 5 is the only weak season. I miss Joan Cusack too.

• kevin says:

Maybe if you looked at the show as characters making choices and evolving, instead of writers writing story-lines you don’t like it would be more fun to watch. I don’t think there is anything to fix and I hope it keeps doing what its doing. Its fun to watch that dysfunctional family. For me, Shameless and Penny Dreadful are tied as the best shows on Showtime.

• Bwhit says:

I agree! I just re watched some of season 4 and it was the best in my opinion. I really wish Lip was more involved with his family and less with his teacher. I want him to be the protective big brother he was when Fiona went off the rails…. Maybe he will but I don’t care about him with his teacher.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m not very fond of the teacher/sex story either. I get that he’s away at college and has a separate life but we need more family time. Especially with Debbie and the *spoiler* development. That’s the last thing this family needs. Poor Fiona!!

2. Becky says:

*SPOILER*

I hope Noel Fisher returns as a regular. 8 year time jump maybe?

• wrstlgirl says:

I figure if he becomes available they’ll come up with some technicality and he’ll get out early.

• Tracy says:

I don’t think Noel’s availability has anything to do with it, honestly. They wouldn’t have put Mickey in prison for 8+ years — or had Ian so utterly disinterested — if they were just dealing with scheduling conflicts. Besides, from what I can tell Noel finished TMNT2 way before they finished shooting this season of Shameless, so unless he has some other super secret acting gig, I think he’s just off the show, unfortunately.

• Jane says:

It’s weird though, because they were so insistent that his schedule was keeping him from taping Shameless. Like they mentioned it in a number of articles. Why would they lie so much/why would they get rid of one of their most beloved characters for no reason?

3. Bwhit says:

Yay! I know a lot of people didn’t like the premiere but it’s the Gallaghers…. I’ve learned to keep my expectations low. I will agree that making Noel Fisher seemingly out of the picture is not okay! With or without Ian, I love the character Mickey became.

4. colleen mccoll says:

Love this show have never missed an episode just watched first show of this séries. I always have set up to record so dont miss a thing

5. Bill says:

Great news!

6. Bill says:

What’s going on with Noel Fisher?

7. almostgeddon says:

Why should I care if there are no Milkoviches?

• Kit says:

excellent question, this show has strayed further and further from what made it great.

• Laur says:

I’m still waiting on Mandy to show back up with a white baby to bring Lip back into the fold.
      I think what the show is missing is passion and the dynamic the Gallaghers had with other people we care about (i.e. Karen, Sheila, Mickey, Mandy, etc.) And quite often they’re missing the connection with Kev & V.
      I’ll still watch, but they need to go back to the roots of who these people are in relation to others and each other.

• Joey says:

Or at least bring back Mandy asking for Lip’s help or something after she murdered Kenyatta in self-defense after one too many black eyes.

Both of the main Milkoviches made the Gallagher clan so much more interesting.

• Bwhit says:

I swear I saw the actress who plays Mandy in the trailer for The Path (new Aaron Paul show). That could make it difficult for her to appear which makes me sad… Mandy really grew on me.

8. Juahsj says:

I’d be more excited if they said Noel fisher would be back

9. Lauren M says:

Ugh make it stop. Release the cast and crew to better things and let it die with whatever dignity it has left.

10. Cleo says:

I’ll still watch the show, but it’s definitely lost a lot of what I loved so much about it before. The writing for Jimmy/Steve was just bizarre the last two seasons. The chemistry was phenomenal between him and Fiona before that. Also, the chemistry between Ian and Mickey… Amazing! Lip and Mandy…. Loved it!! I miss Sheila!!

I feel like the characters are a little lost. I know they are growing up and changing but the storylines aren’t nearly as captivating as they once were. Which makes me SUPER sad, this was previously my most favorite show on TV.

11. JoAnne says:

I love this show! An excellent group of actors. I hope they give us many more seasons.
    Always a new crazy experience. All my friends are hooked!

12. showtime rocks….thankyou for renewing shameless…..best show on the air next to togetherness…..cheers AL

13. Jodie says:

Shameless is the best series EVER! Noel Fisher’s Mickey is my favorite character. I really hope Mickey & Ian have a truly tear-jerking, final, breakup on season 7. And years down the road when Shameless comes to an end I pray that Fiona & Jimmy/Steve get back together & marry. She just doesn’t seem right with anyone else!

14. alefiore93 says:

I’d like to see again Fiona along with Jimmy / Steve

15. Geri says:

Please bring Sheila back for season 7!!! And or please bring back jimmy/Steve & Mickey!!
    Love them all esp Joan Cussack
    … Also I’ve read a few things about ratings not being so good and have to agree with some of the counter comments in that a lot of us a die hard fans of shameless but don’t acquire it downloaded from friends etc (I kno this is bad but I wdnt be able to watch it otherwise as we live rural New Zealand and have no access to TV networks etc like that)
    What I’m trying to say is how do they measure ratings wen a lot of us aren’t watching it via the viable means etc ??

16. William says:

Mickey and Ian have loved each other since pre teens …to let this love go in the toilet is an insult to lgbt ppl and not a great signal to a young gay boy coming out. It’s important love wins and their relationship grows into a strong adult relationship

17. Rubén Romero García says:

Que vuelvan Ian y Mickey de una vez por favorrr.
    Please Ian and Mickey get back together.
    No pueden quitar lo mejor de la serie.