Exclusive
Winter TV Spoilers 2016

Winter TV Preview! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to 20+ Returning Favorites

Will Darhk make Arrow go dark? Which Castle mystery will at long last be solved? Has a Quantico recruit may have been messing with us all along?

Though it may seem like TV’s holiday hiatus gets longer and longer, many of your favorite shows are actually poised to soon resume their seasons — if they aren’t back already! To get you primed for that bevy of returns, TVLine pumped producers and stars for oven-fresh intel on nearly two dozen favorites, with more to be added this week. (As an additional bonus, we also sought out some exclusive photos. Free of charge to you, the consumer!)

So, is The Walking Dead‘s Negan plain nuts? Will Scorpion pop the question? What awaits Vampire Diaries‘ Damon in Hell? And which Blacklist backstory is coming?

Stop looking at the questions and cue up the slideshow below for those answers, and many, many more! (Click here for direct access.)

1. Travis says:

says page doesnt exist when i try to view gallery

• Maria says:

I love the Bamon picture and can’t wait to see tvd’s Stefan and Damon’s journey in the next half of the season!

2. Kate says:

Sorry if this is repetitive to below (he might be on West Coast time which means this is happening at the same moment), but the link to the gallery doesn’t go anywhere.

3. FuriousFan says:

Wait, did I read that correctly? Sleepy Hollow is doing ANOTHER time jump? Just how lazy ARE these writers?!??! The first one was awful and denied fans much-wanted and much-DESERVED character development coming out of the amazing S2 finale (it’s like that never even happened), so they’re going to do it again? Are they out of their minds?

• Taylor says:

This irked me so much as well. Initially, I wasn’t as skeptical towards the first time jump because I thought Crane would come back resourceful, experience personal growth and become a better man. Then I realized they didn’t touch on the terrific finale and Abbie’s strengths and sacrifice jumping into another time to save him. The writers and show runner are so incompetent and rude to the fans that it frustrates me. Why do a time jump if nothing comes out of it?

• tvjunkie says:

You would rather most of the remaining episodes the season be without Abby? They’d be nuts if she really was dead and never coming back, so the time jump, as described, appears to cover at least most of her absence.

• Duh says:

Or how about just not making her be gone that long?

• Janet P says:

I do not get a good feeling about all of this. The writers are just not good enough to give us an interesting episode ( or show). I think that is why they keep jumping to the future. They do not know how to convey human emotions or tell a story, period. At this point I do not expect much.

• Janet P says:

Yeah, it will give them more time to throw us dull Zoe, unnecessary Betsy and a relationship most are not interested in (Jenny and Joe).

4. Emily says:

I’m so excited to see Iris West’s journalism story come up again, and I hope romance means I’ll get some Westallen hints too! Thank you so much for this info.

• Steven says:

Sorry but I doubt it. Iris’s romantic storyarc will be with her boss. Which is stupid because not just of the storyline but if you are going to do all these hints at WestAllen in season 1 and then not even acknowledge it in season 2 basically, then Iris and Barry are not getting together anytime soon. Meaning WestAllen and Snowbarry probably isn’t happening anytime soon

5. Cilla says:

Looking forward to the Earth 2 episodes of the Flash. Happy to year Iris’ journalism will get more focus, I hope the romantic aspect means westallen.

6. xomareen says:

“Bellamy is going to be really disappointed in her,” Clarke adds, “and kind of heartbroken. I don’t really know how that reunion would go down.”

i have feeling that this should be “Taylor adds,” since Clarke is the character, not the actress.

7. That One Mean Girl says:

LOLCASTLE.

I don’t…Oh, this is going to be “fun” and “exciting.” Obviously, the problem with this season — and the cause for the series low ratings — is the lack of “canoodling” and not the utterly ridiculous storyline and throwing Beckett under the bus at every opportunity. It’s also not at all the rewriting the series as a “comedy,” while supposedly also having this gigantic conspiracy in place.

Because Locksat is so all-powerful, the only way to defeat them is by pretending to be apart while “canoodling.” The Big Bad may fall for that level of stupidity, but something tells me the millions of viewers that are over the series won’t.

• ndixit says:

The whole separation thing is rather hilarious because it doesn’t even seem like their separation is particularly public. It seems only the people around them know that they are separated which makes it completely pointless.

• That One Mean Girl says:

Yeah….This all-powerful, all-knowing super threat just, like, TOTALLY can’t put them under surveillance and realize they’re faking the breakup. El. Oh. El.

• annek says:

And when is canoodling part of Caskett, really? Its their connection and love we miss – not this crap to try and placate pissed of fans.

• Annie says:

Hawley clearly doesn’t respect the show’s viewers and thinks that a quick kiss here and there makes up for a real connection that was Caskett. This season is unimaginative, boring, and completely lacking in any logic.

• bob says:

lol and finish is missing time in prob a 3 min scene

8. Lindsey says:

Really looking forward to the Clarke/Lexa reunion and finding out more about the Grounders. Their whole society is so intriguing to me and what I’m most excited about this season. Plus, I’ll take everything I can get with Lexa and the amazing Alycia Debnam-Carey.

9. Looking forward to Arrow’s return the most, I think, out of that list. Really curious to see Oliver Queen’s reaction, how Diggle handles it, what they do about Damien and, of course — most importantly — the fate of Felicity Smoak! Is it January 20th yet?

• Sil says:

Darkh is a wonderful foe. Love this storyline for the show and Felicity. Have wanted Oliver to be dark again, just to make himself complete as the Green Arrow. Have an idea where they’re going with Darkh. Excited for all the possibilities. Roy’s coming back. Yea. Digglegetting his story finally. Love twists. And turns. Hope no predictable stories come. Rather they are spontaneous, whimsical and challenging. Cannot wait for Jan 20. Thanks for the info.

10. Alex says:

Castle’s showrunners : the show is now a total mess, the two main characters have been ruined, the P.I stuff will continue, Castle and Beckett will work separately, we’ll find an even more ridiculous ending to the disappearance storyline BUT you’ll have bedroom scenes !

• Allie says:

I have been trying really hard to give these guys the chance to show me “fun”, but have finally decided they don’t get it. I guess in the two days per episode the leads have agreed to work together, they can only fit in bedroom scenes.

11. LIly says:

I know Bones will be back much later than these shows, but the production is still shooting, are we not going to get any scoops until it comes back on air again? It’s been so long since TV Line shared something. :(

• kmw says:

I don’t know if they will give us scoops but hopefully we will hear SOMETHING by Friday( FOX’S turn at TCA’S) I am going to be mad if they don’t give us a return date. I would like to be hopeful that they will return sooner but most likely BONES will return in April.

12. Lizzie says:

Arrow sounds great. I’m not happy about Felicity’s diagnosis but everything else sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to Diggle’s story with his brother developing some more and I can’t wait to see Oliver going crazy with vengeance.

13. The Dean/Amara/Darkness connection is the most interesting thing to happen in Supernatural since Demon!Dean. Since that storyline was cut WAY too short, hears hoping they make up for it with this one. Looking forward to seeing what Cas ‘getting his mojo back’ means, too.

I hope they don’t dwell on Sam/Lucifer too long. That’s been done. I would love to see a stronger, more kick-ass, less self-righteous Sam back again, and the boys working *together* as was teased by just about everyone, pre-season.

• Arthur says:

I’m not sure how I feel about Amara.. I’m not a fan of the character (I don’t think we’re supposed to be?), and I’m frankly looking forward to when Dean inevitably breaks the “connection” and they finally get rid of her! Maybe Chuck will come back to take care of his sister. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Castiel, too. Don’t know how I feel about ‘new and unexpected’ ways for him to return, because I want it to be OUR Cas, but I’m curious about the starling consequences. I just want Dean, Sam, and Cas to be okay.. heh.

14. kmw says:

Nice that Castle and Beckett are “canoodling” and this so called people or persons wont be following either one of them around to see if they are “together”. So these show runners couldn’t just give them these romantic scenes no they had to put big fat run around of a story to give them this. Lazy story writing that anyone thinks if they are” happy” those kind of scenes wont work as well and of course Castle is barely angry with Beckett for lying and leaving him Hope this shows better on screen better than what is being said.

15. Jess says:

Dear God, let me get my belated Christmas wish in the form of Steroline breaking up and never getting back together. If I have to endure this weird Alaric/Caroline thing, I will. Just no more Steroline.

• Lori says:

Second that! When I read about Calaric getting close I was like YES! no more Sterocest. Julie needs to end that no chemistry siblingesque pairing.

16. Kim says:

No Bones?????

17. Alexis says:

Thanks for the Flash spoiler. Earth 2 episodes looks like they’ll be epic. So excited for everything Iris related including her journalism and love life moving to the front line. I hope her focusing on her love life brings us closer to Westallen

18. Sarah says:

I’m so tired of Meredith and her million disasters. The writers seem to throw them on her to raise sympathy, but they don’t erase the fact that she treats everyone around her like crap all the other episodes. I also couldn’t care less about Amelia or Owen, they don’t make a good couple and Amelia should’ve stayed in L.A. with Addison.

19. Kate says:

There is a typo in the slideshow verbiage on Shield: showrunner Maurissa’s last name is Tancharoen not Taranchoen.

20. Cyn says:

Thanks for the Flash scoop. Very excited about these Earth 2 episodes. Looks like I’m gonna enjoy it. Really hope that Kreisberg didn’t lie(again) about Iris’ journalism arc. As for her love life, it would be nice if it involves Barry :)

21. Maria says:

Thank you so much for the Scorpion scoop!
    I haven’t watched the last 4 new episodes of Castle, but what I’ve read here is fairly encouraging.

22. Cyndi says:

He didn’t say anything about Patty on the Flash which sadly confirms to me that the rumors are indeed true and that she will soon be making her exit. Sucks.

Will Jane get back with Michael on JTV? I certainly hope so.

As for Quantico, I’ve already forgotten what happened last year so I’ll most likely forget to watch when it returns in March.

23. Sarah9 says:

Thanks for the previews! I’m excited for The 100 but not for the whole Ckexa thing..seems know days fans are only talking about there supposed relationship when the only thing they did was kiss and then Lexa betrayed her.
    This show it’s much more than romance and I hope the show runners don’t start turning this into some love story..Clarke stays better alone and with the complications coming she’s not going to have time for love.
    I can’t wait to see what direction they will go with this season and the trailers already left me with so many feelings :) I wonder why Bellamy is angry with her? Maybe because she took off? I hope they resolve there issues.

24. John036 says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want Lexa back for more than a handful of episodes? Like, I know it hasn’t been confirmed how long she’ll be back, but I really only want her for 3-4 at most. I expect her death is gonna be coming soon

25. Jolie S. says:

Soooo pumped for The Flash, Earth 2 looks absolutely epic!

Also I’m impressed that you got actual teases from the SHIELD cast and show runners, vague as they may be, gets me super excited!!! And I’m glad that (it sounds like) FitzSimmons are finally, albeit slowly, becoming canon, hopefully one day we can get the full payoff of that, I know I’ve become very invested in it. Also glad that they’ll be exploring the emotional damage of the Midseason finale, hopefully this year’s midseason return will be as good as last year’s (which is my personal favorite episode!)

26. courtney says:

So excited for The Flash to return!

27. JImN says:

With Castle we should draw a line under the first 8 disastrous episodes and see if the next few have any relationship to the show that has been running for the past 7 seasons. Number 9 better be fantastic, but I feel the chances are small that it will be anywhere near as good as anything the fans are used to for the previous seasons.

28. Bwhit says:

Yes to Fitz and Simmons! They have been through enough, let them be a power couple like Bobbi and Hunter but in the lab :).

29. courtney says:

Just wondering how do ppl ship Westallen if they don’t ever show Iris having feelings for Barry? It seems so one sided, they only showed that she had feelings for him in one episode and then forgot about it. She was completely ok with Barry dating Patty too. Now she’s going to have a new love interest…this is funny.

• John NYC says:

Yes they seem to have gone in another direction. And “but, Comic books!” just doesn’t seem all that compelling. The show does change things rather casually after all. Like Wally isn’t Iris brother in print….. he’s her nephew.

30. John NYC says:

“Once. And. For. All.”

Welcome news!

31. Arthur says:

Hmm.. can’t decide if I’m excited or scared about Supernatural, because I just want my three favorite guys (Dean, Sam, and Cas) to be okay. Sounds like it may get worse for them before it gets better, but as long as all three of them are okay by the end of the season and back for season 12, then I’m happy. Not sure how I feel about the “new and unexpected” return for Cas, because I want it to be our same lovable Castiel, and I thought they had already repaired his mojo, but PR is always deliberately misleading. Guess we have nothing to do but see what happens!

32. Mika says:

please stop hurting sam, dean, and cas okay

33. Lash says:

I still don’t understand why Owen having a sister on GA was so OMG!!! It had already been established in his first couple of episodes that he has a sister and a mother alive and that he refuses to see them because a death occurred and if I remember correctly he blamed the sister husband/boyfriend. I believe it was a flashback scene regarding something Cristina had said… I could be wrong. It has been awhile but I am definitely sure it has been mentioned he has a sister.

34. JC says:

Nooooo at the Scorpion scoop! Well, happy for Quintis fans but as a Waige fan def not happy. Waige is already moving at snail pace and now we’re gonna have Walter dating other women?! WTF!!

35. Katie says:

Thanks for scoop on TO! I can’t wait to see Klaus kick major butt and rip people apart. It’s really fun seeing him wrathful. I’m going to enjoy the brothers’ murderous rampage while I can. And I knew it- Davina making contact with Kol but which one will she get? Many other TO fans and myself were wondering the very same thing: Will it be Nathaniel, who is a complete psychopath but very fun to watch or will it be the very charming, flirtatious, funny but devious Daniel? But a new question comes up: How the hell does Davina contact him when she has been stripped of both her magic and identity, not to mention banished? This should be interesting. I can’t wait!

36. Grace says:

Thank you for the H50 spoilers! I’m really curious to see how a carjacking turns into a “fun” story, but I love anything Danny-centric. And the Valentine’s day episode sounds really interesting.

37. Katie says:

Sleepy Hollow started going downhill in the second season and hasn’t really come back from it since IMO. I did watch the second a season in bits and pieces not to mention the finale, which I actually enjoyed. When the current season premiered, I could only watch the first fifteen minutes before I shut the thing off. I have watched only one episode since then and that was the one with the tooth fairy from you-know-what. That was decent but still And now a second time jump–riiiight. Yeah, with the lousy scripts, FOX screwing with it’s schedule and so on, they need to put it to bed. I don’t think anyone or anything can really save it now. If you end it this season, you can finish up the storyline with a mini-series type event during November or February sweeps. Give it the balls to the wall, bang-up ending it deserves while at the same time answering all the fans questions. Just one thing-get some bloody decent writers!

38. LenJ says:

Look forward to 5B. And Emma’s journey here and development and also to find her Killian

39. lame says:

Will be interesting to see how TPTB explain Clark’s solo wondering around in such a dangerous environment.
    I had forgotten about Castle’s missing days. I was under the impression it was gonna be swept under the rug as has become their custom. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out better than that abduction mess.
    I’m saving my excitement for Agent Carter, the 100 and POI.