Homeland Season 6 NYC

Homeland Season 6 to Be Set in New York City — Plus, Quinn Status Update!

Homeland‘s Carrie Mathison will next take a covert bite out of the Big Apple.

Showtime Networks CEO David Nevins announced on Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that Season 6 of the spy drama will shoot “in and around New York City,” for a storyline that is “set domestically.”

On the topic of Homeland, Nevins of course was pressed for intel on Peter Quinn’s fate, which was uncertain at the close of Season 5. “I know and have seen as much as you know and have seen,” he hedged.

Showtime programming chief Gary Levine later added, “In terms of its reality, Quinn (played by Rupert Friend) is severely damaged. The life-or-death question remains, but if he should live, it will not be — in any way, shape or form — the way he has lived to date.”

1. Mr. Tran K says:

So excited about the upcoming season of Homeland which is now back in the United States and this time in NYC and I’m really worried whether or not Peter Quinn will be back after all the pain and suffering he went through last season. Also, they haven’t talked about whether Homeland will end after seven seasons.

2. Guy says:

Quantico had to call in reinforcements.

3. QUINN LIVES says:

QUINN BETTER BE ALIVE! I cant wait to see Carrie, Quinn and Saul in New York!

4. wrstlgirl says:

I figured Quinn would live but be impaired and blame Carrie for not following through with letting him go. I just hope they don’t have him lying in a coma all season, why bother.

• David4 says:

Well they made one guy a coke addict for their finale season before being hanged so I wouldn’t put it past these writers.

• girlfridaypartysaturday says:

That’s exactly what I expect them to do, Quinn resentful and damaged the whole season until he forces Carrie to put him out of his misery. That was lame how they ended Brody and I almost didn’t continue watching, but if they pull that again, I really am done. I rather him have a miraculous if unrealistic recovery. They don’t need to kill off every character that redeems themselves just for shock value, and the time jumping is getting old ( pun intended) Let Quinn live and have a happy ending PLEASE!

• wrstlgirl says:

Good point :-)

• why should he blame her for not letting him go. Is he suffocated him with a pillow, she would suffer. Quinn has always been written as person who puts Carrie’s well being first. So he would prefer to suffer, not her. He wasnt on life support, was breathing on his own. How he can blame her for commiting a murder?

5. Tim says:

I thought Quinn had died! This just told us he’ll be back in a wheelchair or something.

6. Arlene says:

He could work from a wheelchair like lots of people do, so long as his brain isn’t too damaged. Look at Carrie and her crazy brain. You never know with brains. Think of Oliver Sacks, and all the amazing work he did. The human brain can be a miraculous thing.

7. niloofar says:

YES Quinnsus will come back

8. Fosho says:

I’ll watch episode 1 to see if Quinn is alive and if not, I’m out. The remaining characters are not nearly as interesting enough to keep me coming back every week if he’s dead. Last season was one horrible storyline after another for Quinn. I don’t mind seeing a character struggle or suffer if there’s a point other than to prop up Carrie and fill in plot points. Season 5 was a huge step down from season 4 in my opinion.

• wyngate says:

I disagree, Fosho. Season 5 took several steps up from seasons 4 and 3. They made a big mistake killing Brody off. I was about ready to end it for sure until about 3 episodes in this past year, when it picked up to the pace of the first two seasons. Still miss Damien Lewis. Mighty fine actor!

9. msstargate says:

This makes me excited for the next season! I just did not want to let Quinn go.

10. Drewer says:

Oh I really hope Quinn is alive!!! But I am going to miss Astrid if the whole season takes place in NY, she was one of my favorite parts about this season.

11. Dee Segall says:

I don’t think it would be very humane to keep Quinn alive if in fact he is brain dead.

How come Patinkin is not considered a star on homeland
    rather than supporting actor?

• Piers says:

Mandy hasn’t done anything worth watching since The Princess Bride. IMO he brings down any show in which he appears, especially Dead Like Me and Criminal Minds. He’s creepy and depressing.

12. Chris says:

Greatest news of the New Year. Quinn is alive. Can it be October already.

13. DanielleZ says:

NYC will be different. Wonder what Carrie will be into this time?

14. peter says:

what does that even mean????

Quinn will appear in Carrie’s vision when she is off her mess agian(surprise surprise)

So it is like he lived in Carrie’s heart?

For me, as long as they had a sex scene in s7 then I will be watching

• Different shape? haha why You dont understand. He will not be fir for field works with some physical dissabilities caused by brain damage, some motor function, whatever. Plus PTSD. He will never be the same in terms that he will not be able to kill or beat out someone by his own hands. To run etc.

15. peter says:

i meant meds damn auto correct

16. Jack says:

So “24” is coming back to America? That’s all this show is, a female Jack Bauer that the US wants nothing to do with, yet somehow, each season, she saves the world.

17. Azerty says:

I feel cheated, this season finale was mainly about Quinn’s death, with the letter, the light in the end…it was good, it was closure but now it seems they changed their mind because of the reactions after the episode. I like Quinn and I sure will like to see more of him but if he came back then the finale failed for me (which was not the case in the first place).

18. Jan alexander says:

Miracles do happen, you know!!! Doctors have been wrong before!!

19. Sue Davis says:

Shameless on the subject if Quinn. I don’t care where the story is or how hard it is for Q to survive. He is more than equal to any storyline from these writers. Carrie not so much

20. Jason says:

I’m DONE, that’s it!! this is my hero, the others are cowards!! I can’t understand the director’s mind when he decided to put Quinn out of the picture!! I mean, why would he develop a character and then erase it all of a sudden. Peter (Quinn) deserve more than this, he should be the real hero here!!

21. essencep says:

Here is my issue with the Quinn thing. If he is going to die then there was really no point in bringing him back from Syria… There was no point in having Jonas end things with Carrie and frankly no point in continuing. I’ve dealt with the constant change in characters from season to season because Quinn, Carrie and Saul remained constant after Brody’s demise and then death. There is no way killing Quinn will help further the plot nor will making him a vegetable. Writers have to stop killing off fan favorites for the sake of doing it. I miss the days where all the characters you loved made it through the series finale; where you could actually dream of them having happy endings… Does his survival need to be realistic? Not really because aren’t they the freaking CIA… Shouldn’t they be advanced in the field of medicine enough to pull off whatever size miracle he needs. I’m begging the writers, producers, directors and whoever else to not make the mistakes they made with Dexter in the end. Give usa series we can live through and through like some of the classics people still rave about.

• ddd1 says:

I love your post! I’m so sick and tired of seeing characters killed left and right just for shock value….it’s really making me sick of watching tv series. At least with books you usually only involved with the characters for a few weeks not years.

TV shows have become so depressing now. Again death and despair for shock value.

• Anna Maria Fasoli says:

I totally agree with you. I want Quinn back and please give us a happy ending, once in a while!!!

22. Ella says:

Can we bring Alexander Fehling to New York as well :) He’s seriously divine and I loved him and Carrie together. Please let Quinn be alive too :(

23. L plam says:

I really love the show unfortunarelly I was not able to watch it until just recently I went thru all 5 seasons in about a month my husband and I watch it together and Ive sheated I was so anxious to the point I could not sleep well I finally got to the very last one ans I could not believe that such a strong character as peter quinn was not to be anymore some how he is got to be back I sont know wheel chair, station chief dont need to be in the field any more the point is that the show will loose its mojo if he is gone you know in the service people have recouped all the time abd he is got a reason…he is a very good actor exceptional at peter quinns job

24. Carol Ann says:

Peter Quinn IS ‘Homeland’ !!! Just as much as Carries is………… so his coming back just HAS to be on the cards…………. So looking forward to seeing my favourite Series again :-)

25. Evelyn Lorenzo says:

Miracles happens every day I wish Peter quinn is one of those I will love to se carrie and Peter toghether

26. Anna Maria Fasoli says:

Homeland is my favourite series. I am a series addict and love lots of them but Homeland is the only one that leaves an echo in me that goes on and on and that makes me feel almost like an orphan once the series is finished…Looking forward to the sixth season, hoping to see Quinn back, one of the most interesting characters, even more interesting than Carrie..

27. Quinn has got to be alive . Please ? He is too valuable to the team not to come back please don’t let him be killed off…