Mr. Robot Wins Best Drama Series at 2016 Golden Globes — Watch Video

Here’s an irrelevant fact: All of the shows nominated for Best Drama at Sunday’s Golden Globes are currently on hiatus.

Representatives from Fox’s Empire (returning March 30), HBO’s Game of Thrones (returning April 24), USA Network’s Mr. Robot, Starz’s Outlander (returning in April) and Netflix’s Narcos (returning sometime in 2016) were all ready to jump out of their seats to accept the award, but as always, only one group got the chance: Mr. Robot!

Star Rami Malek, along with the series’ cast and crew, took the stage to accept their award, at which point series creator Sam Esmail gave a special shout-out to wife Emmy Rossum.

Earlier in the night, Malek’s co-star Christian Slater took home the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

Do you think the USA Network drama deserved to win? Drop a comment with your reaction(s) below.

Video of the cast’s acceptance speech will be added when it becomes available.

1. Et al. says:

Hooray! Next stop, Emmys.

2. Staci says:

So happy for the show and Christian Slater! Just wish Rami Malek could’ve won too, he kills it on every single episode.

3. So happy for Mr. Robot. Best show of 2015!

4. Dani says:

I thought Outlander was going to win. I think TVline should think twice before writing about their predictions from their “sources”. Oh well, at least Mr. Robot is a good show that reminds me a lot of Utopia. And at least Outlander wasn’t snub this time around in nominations.

5. Rachel says:

Well deserved win, congrats!

6. Ellinaras78 says:

It’s the pretentious choice. It was such a predictable show.

7. Tahoe Mike says:

Just can’t see it. I tried to watch this show, and got through most of it, but it was just too weird for me. How on earth is Mr. Robot a better drama than Game of Thrones? I know it’s newer, but better?

• Shru says:

I love Game of Thrones with every fiber of my being but Mr Robot was far superior to GOT season 5. While I did love Season 5, esp Hardhome, it wasn’t as thrilling and enjoyable as Mr Robot. The award was well deserved!

8. Laura Wilder says:

Mr. Robot certainly deserved the win. It’s the best show I’ve seen on TV in many years. I just wish Rami Malek had won as well. He carries the show.

9. So well deserved! I’m so glad the HFPA recognized such a unique, amazing, expertly-acted show!

10. MzTeaze says:

Finally glad to see a show I truly enjoy win. They earned it!

11. Courtney says:

I love Outlander so much and probably would have teared up if it won, but I do think Mr. Robot deserved to win. It has such a strong voice and is truly saying something important. The acting is superb (I love Rami, but if he had to lose, it would be to the amazing Jon Hamm). It is so unique and creative, I haven’t seen anything like it on TV.

12. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show won and Christian Slater won! Hope they’ll get nominated for a bunch of Emmys this year!

13. tvjunkie says:

How does a show that isn’t even the best show on USA win an award? Suits is far better than Mr Robot and as good as Suits is, I wouldn’t say it’s the best drama overall. I suspect this award was paid for.

• Tom says:

You of course have a right to your opinion,,,but Suites may be fun,it isn’t never going to win any awards..what people might enjoy and what is deserving of an award need to be two different things.
      Peoples choice,fine…no,I’m being a jerk…I stopped watching Suites after the first year..lol,,what do I know…seriously,i only remember thinking it was contrived and silly..so stopped watching,,,but since it has become very,very popular..I know..

What I saw didn’t come close to the genius of Mr. Robot.,however,..Robot is a work of writing genius…Suites is fun with eye candy as is usual for what plays well..nothing wrong with that..but it is more a people’s choice kinda thing..in my opinion…I couldn’t be happier with this win.

• tvjunkie says:

Mr Robot was boring and I’m a computer geek so usually something like this really interests me but it was just bad. AMC’s now cancelled Halt and Catch fire was a far better show in the genre.

14. Nick Zano says:

So glad that Minority Report didn’t win – between not understanding a single word that Wilmer “wonderhesona” Valderrama says .. and the other poor acting, that show needed to go away. They self-terminated, after spending WAY over-budget .. while shows like Mr. Robot kill it and have long staying power. #sillyHollywood

15. Tom says:

Hooray!! I may start watching award shows again…lol

16. NorKir says:

I’m such a fan of this show, I’m happy for the recognition the win garnered it! It was so compelling to watch that I was literally exhausted when it was over. But also it left me exhilarated and anxious for the next episode. Big congrats to all involved in crafting this phenomenal show!

17. Maureen says:

If there is any thought they didn’t deserve it, it’s coming from people that didn’t watch the show. I watched it every week and loved it! I love Game of Thrones as well, and would’ve been thrilled if they won too, but, because Rami didn’t take best actor, I was rooting for the Mr. Robot show to take best show.

• tvjunkie says:

You would be incorrect. I watched the first few episodes. They were not good. I can’t imagine it could have improved enough to be worthy of a nomination let alone an award. But the point is your assertion that everyone who thinks it didn’t deserve to win never saw the show is just a cheap, blatantly false dismissal. Now if you said never saw the whole season, you’d probably be right, because who’s going to watch the whole season of a show they sampled and determined to be bad.

18. Meg Mcpake says: