Lady Gaga Wins Golden Globe for Hotel — Watch Video of Her Speech

Raise your hand if you’re surprised that Lady Gaga won Best Actress in a Limited Series or TV-Movie during Sunday’s Golden Globes. (Note: Our collective hand remains down.)

Though all five nominees — including Sarah Hay (Flesh & Bone), Felicity Huffman (American Crime) and Queen Latifah (Bessie) — earned their nods, TVLine always saw this as a race between Gaga (American Horror Story: Hotel) and Kirsten Dunst (Fargo).

As TVLine boss Michael Ausiello predicted, Gaga took home the gold, telling the audience that she felt like Cher’s character in Moonstruck.

“This is one of the greatest moments of my life,” Gaga said, tears already starting to form. “I have to thank Ryan Murphy. You are just a wonderful human being. You have believed in me so much and been such a good friend to me.”

She proceeded to give individual shout-outs to Hotel castmates Matt Bomer, Denis O’Hare, Angela Bassett, Cheyenne Jackson and Evan Peters.

“I could go through the entire cast, because you’re all so talented,” she continued. “Because of you, I was able to shine, I guess. Thank you for sharing your talent with me. I wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a singer, but music worked out first. ”

Were you surprised by Gaga’s win? Watch her acceptance speech above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Sharona says:

Congrats Lady Gaga ! Completely deserved ! :)

2. Jesd says:

Unbelievable! Dunst was robbed.

• johnhelvete says:

No worries, Dunst will win the Emmy.

• S says:

“Dunst was robbed.” Yes, she was. It is one thing for Lady Gaga to be nominated… but it is RIDICULOUS that she actually WON the Golden Globe instead of Kirsten Dunst!

• Mak says:

Nah… Dunst’s performance is overrated

• Dude says:

Nah, Dunst’s performance was perfect. And regardless of who you think should have won, there’s no way Lady Gaga should have even been nominated never mind won considering all of the actual amazing actresses on that show. Lady Gaga plays herself and not very convincingly. Every time she’s required to show any emotion, it’s cringe worthy.

3. Brian says:

Gaga’s improved throughout this season, but it’s still a joke that she beat out Dunst.

4. fernando933 says:

Sadly she forgot Sarah Paulson who deserve to win for once for roles on AHS. Aside from that congrats Gaga

5. wrstlgirl says:

Thrilled!

6. April says:

She was terrible in AHS. Dunst acted her ass off with multiple character layers and ever changing events. Sorry but Fargo was much better.

7. Brendon says:

Congratulations to Lady Gaga. You truly deserved the win!! #AHSHotel

8. Tim McIntyre says:

Gaga rocked AHS, she deserved the win. An unbelievable talent.

9. Alrisha says:

They only wanted Gaga on stage. Is the only reason Dunst didn’t win.

10. Spence says:

Her winning is a funnier joke than anything Gervais said tonight. Her acting is subpar at best, shocking she even got nominated, let alone won. Sarah Paulson would’ve been much more deserving.

11. Quinten25 says:

What a joke. Kirsten Dunst was phenomenal in Fargo and more than deserved to win. While I think Gaga hasn’t been the worst, I honestly don’t think she even earned the nomination. She’s good. Dunst was a revelation. It was only because she’s Lady Gaga. Beyond ridiculous that such a talent wasn’t recognized

12. BlackBirdSinging47 says:

Awesome news and totally deserved- she’s been amazing to watch. I’m going to miss the Countess after the finale this week. Congrats Gaga!

13. Kiko says:

Easily the most disgusting win of the night Dunst was robbed.

What a joke the HFPA is

• tvjunkie says:

More so than the Martian in the comedy category? It was a great movie, but it’s not remotely a comedy or musical. That should have clued everyone in on how much of a joke Globes were going to be this year.

14. Kim R Lane says:

Thrilled that Gaga won! She’s an awesome actress who’s not afraid to explore controversial issues, darkness, and sex.

15. J says:

Let’she real she only won because she was lady Gaga. The golden globe should’ve gone to Dunst. Let’s just hope the Emmys don’t make the same mistake as they did tonight.

16. Misha says:

Screw you Gaga haters! Lady Gaga deserved her win and I’m so proud of mother monster showing the world yet again how multi-talented she is. Dunst is a terrible actress according to me so yay team little monsters!

• Joey says:

There really are no words to describe the ignominy of your comment.

• Anna says:

I love the ignorance that emerges when people aren’t falling all over themselves to lie about celebrity talent. Just because people know that Kirsten Dunst deserved the award over Lady Gaga doesn’t mean they’re “Gaga haters” – just means they understand what good acting looks like. Sorry to tell you, but Lady Gaga wasn’t even the best supporting actress on AHS – Sarah Paulson is. Only reason she got that award was because she’s an internationally loved pop star who played a version of herself on a well loved TV show.

• S says:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!! She is loved for her music, so obviously fans wanted her to win. Sarah Paulson was more deserving, as well as all her fellow nominees. Her role was MOSTLY soft core you know what…for that she gets a Grammy? ;/ I do not deny her musical talent, but for THIS acting role, no. Just. No.

17. Taylor says:

Gaga has performed really well in that role! I haven’t watched Fargo this season so i can’t compare with Dunst’s performance but for what i have seen, Gaga’s win is deserving!

18. I was surprised only because I know her as a singer. I will now watch this program as soon as I find it – On Demand, I guess is where I will start looking. She is so immensely talented and apparently HUMBLE! Nice to see….

19. Ames says:

I am in shock that Fargo was completely shut out. I thought for sure Kirsten had in the bag. What a total joke.

20. betty says:

I was simply concerned that she never thanked her stunning fiance Taylor Kinney. He was right there and she didn’t even look at him. He is my dreamweaver and I felt bad for him. She doesn’t deserve him (JMO) Betty

21. Jake says:

IMO Gaga is over-rated. She can sing and that is what she should stick to. I watched a few episodes of AHS- Hotel and dumped it because Gaga made me cringe. I also saw a headline Jessica Lang, Who? How can someone even compare the two, Jessica Lange has more acting talent in her pinky toe compared to Gaga. I think it is a disgrace that actresses who strive to win an award and work their asses off are over looked because of someone whom was just brought on to increase ratings and couldn’t act her way out of a shopping bag.

22. Christian says:

This is why I hate these Awards shows. None of it ever rings true.

23. Gaga without a doubt was one of the worst actresses of 2015. I love AHS, love all the fine actors and actresses in it, loved Gaga doing the Sound of Music, but my God. She’s wooden and horrid as an actress.

She didn’t deserve a nomination, she bought and paid for that Golden Globe, which to me makes her trash.

24. Rain says:

More like astonished as her role in AHS is what has convinced me to not bother coming back for another season. In MY opinion, she was AWFUL this season. Note I said in my opinion, anyone else is free to adore her without calling me names or bashing me. I realize she has tons of fans – I just don’t happen to be one of them.

25. Pati says:

This was such a joke, Lady Gaga is beyond terrible, first no one can hear what the hell she is saying and she barely has any lines all she does is have sex. I hated Ricky Gervais this year but he was right they just wanted a selfie with Gaga.

26. Jamie says:

This was the dumbest win of the night. Dunst earned that award, while Gaga had the most one-note performance possible.

27. Ange says:

How the hell she won last night? Her acting is terrible. She just appears naked most of the episodes and yet she won?

28. liame says:

Love Gaga but there’s no way in hell she deserved to win! Sometime the name is bigger than the performance.

29. Guy says:

Gaga just being nominated was a stretch. She was the last person who deserved to win this award. The Golden Globes are pathetic. It was an insult to far superior performers like Kirsten Dunst and Felicity Huffman to give the award to Gaga for her barely passable performance in this crappy season of American Horror Story. The only people who think she deserved this are clearly her “little monster” army who gobble up every little thing she does and can’t admit to themselves when something she does isn’t that amazing. Either that or they haven’t watched anything else on TV this year.

30. Joymika says:

What a joke. Angela Bassett never won a golden globe for her amazing acting in American horror story but gaga wins w her bland expressions. Unbelievable. What an insult. Racism indeed.

31. Shirley says:

I love Gaga as a singer, but as an actress not so much. Bassett, Bates, or Paulson should have been nominated simply because they’re good and have been in more than one season of AHS. But remember this is the foreign press and internationally she is much loved.

32. Stacey says:

I’ve seen AHS and she is not worthy of a win over the career talents that were up in that category. Her little monsters can support her all they want with empty compliments and congrats with their warped sense of loyalty but it doesn’t change the reality that what is good or great lost and what is sub par really does not deserve accolades much less an award. Her win made Golden Globes an even bigger joke than it has been known to become. I only watched it for Ricky Gervais and he did not disappoint. Thanks Mr. Gervais!!

33. kathy says:

As far as Gaga winning, I felt she did alright in AHS but Sarah Paulson should have at least gotten nominated. Lady Gaga’s acting wasn’t all that bad (as some have stated) but they must have given her this award for the first episode because face it, who else could have pulled off a bloody 4some and look as great as she did(and oh to have been there with the yummy Matt Bomer)? That had to be the best episode of all time.