Mozart In the Jungle Takes Home 2 Big Awards at 2016 Golden Globes

The Best Comedy or Musical Series category was no laughing matter at Sunday’s Golden Globes.

In fact, it proved to be a jungle, with the Amazon series Mozart in the Jungle taking home the statue, besting Hulu’s Casual, Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black, HBO’s Silicon Valley and Veep, and Amazon’s Transparent.

Continuing the series’ surprising domination of the Globes, Mozart star Gael Garcia Bernal also took home the award for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical, besting Aziz Ansari (Master of None), Rob Lowe (The Grinder), Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) and Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent).

Do you think the Amazon series and its leading man deserved to win? Watch Bernal’s acceptance speech above, then drop a comment with your reaction(s) below.

1. GeoDiva says:

I thought I was the only one who watched this show!

• Hank says:

i feel exactly the same… i mean it’s a great show and gael garcia bernal it’s awesome on this… but i never hear of anyone else who watch this jaja… happy for them, and congratulations for the award.

2. Dan says:

Totally deserved awesome show

3. Regina says:

Excellent!

4. Anna says:

This is so well deserved, Gael is so freaking precious. I love the show and I am so happy it got some well deserved recognition!

5. Alex says:

Yes!!!! I’m so happy. Is a Great show. Gael García Bernal is awsome as the Maestro. Well deserved, even if I’m a big fan of Veep. And for Transparent, I can’t see the comedy in that show, everybody is so unhappy all the time.

6. Isa says:

It’s a great TV show! Felicidades Gael.

7. Mika02 says:

Great show well deserved

8. Ellinaras78 says:

Silicon Valley and Veep deserved it. Another wrong decision at an award show, not a surprise.

9. Arlene says:

Can barely express in words how much I love this show. So very happy it won.

10. quang says:

I don’t get this one. I liked Mozart in the Jungle and thought it had one spectacular episode (You Go to My Head) but no way do I think it was consistently great enough to warrant Best Comedy or Musical.

11. MzTeaze says:

They absolutely deserved the win. It’s a great little show and I love Gael’s performance.

After years of watching other shows that I’ve heard pic but do not enjoy win, it’s cool to see two shows I have loved so much win!. Congrats to Mozart in the Jungle (and Mr Robot).

12. Penn says:

Spectacular show! My favorite in years! At last, no guns, super heroes, or bad cops, just great music and a delightful time with a comedy in the Classical sense! I am so glad they won!

13. Adviel says:

Amazing show, Gaels is great as the Maestro

14. I’m thrilled it won. I love the show.

15. tvjunkie says:

I can’t say I’ve heard of this show before the awards. The title sounds lame though. I’d ask what it’s about but I really don’t care. Though I haven’t seen it I really doubt it’s the best anything though, but sometimes awards go to obscure stuff like this because it makes the people giving the awards think of themselves as more sophisticated than the average person.

• The Beach says:

Let me get this straight. You’ve never even heard of, let alone watched, this show and care not a whit what it’s about and yet you have the cojones to say you doubt it’s the best anything???…incredible. Obviously, all the other posters disagree with you, You should change your handle.

16. HAP says:

Gael Garcia Bernal made an inside joke in his acceptance speech. He mispronounced the name of Lola Kirke, just like he always mispronounces her character’s name in the show!

17. Jin Galicia says:

Great show. Love it. However the next season (season 3) better be as good as the first one or better.