Shades of Blue - Season 1

Ratings: J.Lo's Shades of Blue Cops Good Numbers for NBC

Shades of Blue, starring Jennifer Lopez, premiered on Thursday night to 8.6 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, marking nearly seven- and nearly four-year highs for NBC in the time slot (since Southland 4/16/2009 and Awake 3/1/2012, respectively).

Improving 13 percent on its Blacklist lead-in, Shades was the first NBC non-sports program to beat ABC and CBS originals in the time slot in nearly six years.

Opening NBC’s night, Heroes Reborn (3.7 mil/1.0) returned down a tenth, while The Blacklist (7.4 mil/1.6) ticked up to best-since-premiere numbers.

Elsewhere in the ratings ….

CBS | Big Bang (15.7 mil/3.8) dipped three tenths while Life in Pieces (9.4 mil/2.2) and Mom (8.8 mil/1.8) were steady. Angel From Hell debuted to 8 mil and a 1.6, CBS’ largest scripted audience in the time slot this season, while matching 2 Broke Girls‘ most recent Thursday rating. Elementary (6.7 mil/1.2) rose two tenths.

More ratings to come after 1pm ET.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. wrstlgirl says:

I thought Shades was pretty good although a bit predictable but the previews of what’s coming look very good so I’m expecting it to get better and better as we get more into it. Just my two cents :-)

• Dean says:

Just saw it Ray Liotta is what kept me watching that scene where he was dumping ashes on the gang banger’s face while threatening him made my spine chill. There was only one other NBC police show that did that for me.

2. sarah t says:

Have I missed the results on how Idol is doing in ratings?

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Last night’s Blacklist was mind blowing and more action that I always wanted. Aram is the most if not one of the most beloved characters on the show and still a fan favorite. His performance was nothing but outstanding. Also I give credit to guest star Deirdre Lovejoy, best known as Rhonda Pearlman on The Wire.

• Coach Taylor says:

How about two broke girls Mr Tran. Still wheeping the day after ?

• Mr. Tran K says:

2 Broke Girls is now on Wednesdays @ 8 until Survivor comes back in February. If Angel From Hell gets canceled then it’s likely that 2BG should return to its original time slot (Thursdays at 9:30 pm) where they left off.

• Ninamags says:

I also love Aram. For a minute there I thought Red was going to end him for not protecting Liz enough. It was a fantastic episode for sure. There was danger on three separate fronts and it was amazing to see how it was all resolved for the good guys.

• LADY_in_MD says:

I thought the same thing at the end of the episode so glad he didn’t kill him Aram is becoming my favorite character
        I’m voting for Amir Arison to be performer of the week or atleast honorable mention

• Carm says:

Exactly! The Blacklist was soooooo good last night. People who are not watching are missing out!

• kirads09 says:

I really enjoyed Lovejoy as Panabakar. Hope we see more of her. It was a great episode of Blacklist.

4. Boiler says:

From your reviews I would guess drops to both Shades and Angel next time out. Lets give Elementary some love. Excellent last night

• Mr. Tran K says:

Guess you’ve heard the news that people are shocked that CBS is moving Elementary to Sundays @ 10 pm which may help or hurt the series.

• Boiler says:

Heard the news. Not really shocked, actually pleased. Personally no more of a death slot than anything on Friday and Blue Bloods has had a good run

5. smart girl says:

its look is beautiful

6. Joe says:

Won’t watch angel, I got tired of Jane Lynch in the 2.5 years I wasted on Glee, I have Shades on my DVR though

• KSM says:

She was actually one of the best part of Angels. I usually watch the CBS comedies when TGIT isn’t on, and I was surprised how much I liked this show. I wouldn’t rule it out just because her the end of Glee.

• Mak says:

I thought the same but I gave it a try and she’s awesome on Angel…I really didn’t think I’d like it

7. Reagan says:

I want J. Lo’s show to do well but I don’t know how what NBC’s thinking, putting it up against Shonda Rhimes’ megahit.

8. HAP says:

I think that JLo is a much better actress than many folks think. I wonder if she had not gone full bore into music, after doing a movie with Clooney, if she would not be among the most respected actresses of the day.

9. kirads09 says:

I am glad Shades of Blue did well – despite the critics and haters I think it will be a hit for NBC.

• girl ss says:

i agree, i love the how ray and jennifer’s characters are going to collide…excited about additional episodes….NBC thanks for Thursday nights ..

10. Bobbie says:

Terrible show! All we need is to down our police

11. Caroleflower says:

Was doubtful, but gave Shades of Blue a shot anyway. I loved it, I’m hooked already!

12. your mom says:

How can anyone sympathize with corrupt cops? Cops murder unarmed man and cover it up escaping the consequences and I’m supposed to sympathize with them for the rest of the show? I just want them to die. I literally could not care about their stories at all.

13. Lucy says:

Me and my husband like it, the only one thing we didn’t like is that two men were kissing. It will be grat if you can stop that. Thank you

14. Diane Italia says:

I found last nights episode disgusting a little to graphic.. Jenifer l is perfect in it.. No respect for ray Leora.

15. Janna says:

I like Shades of Blue but WHAT DOES RAY LIOTTA’S “extracurricular actives” (with other agent in the hotel room, dude in the allyway..) HAVE TO DO WITH THE SHOW? COMEON! just so it can be politically correct? I’m tired of ANY kind of sex scenes – get on with the COP show!

• Susan says:

My husband and I found last nights scene in the alleyway disgusting gratuitous and salacious,so, I sent a complaint to NBC.

16. Brmc says:

Shades of Blue scene last night, the “bj” scene, was completely totally horrible! I’m so thankful our girls wasn’t up when we watched it, I would’ve been pissed! Now me, my family and friends will no longer be watching this sick ass show!

17. Joe_Joe Dancer says:

So sick to my stomach, I was born 40+ years too late, this show started as a decent show, and now has nothing but homosexual shock value and male junk all over the place. Ray Liotta must really be gay, and if I knew this would be his coming out show, I would never have started to watch.
    There is no comedy without male junk shots, and now guy on guy sex, I am done I am throwing out my TV’s and hoping for a quick painless death, because it will only get worse.
    Let J-Ho do what she wants, but I guarantee that she won’t be doing a lesbian scene. The only thing missing is Ray having anal sex or anal rape, and then you will have Quentin Tarantino wanting to be a producer.
    Good bye NBC (New Boy’s Club) Sick!!!!

18. C C Aragon says:

I was looking forward to J-Lo’s new show Shafes of Blue , but it’s seems tonbe all over the place. The story line isn’t consitance and gard to keep up. I can’t tell if there’s a new story eveyweek or if it’s a continous story which I don’t like.

19. El Negrito says:

What sickened me was the attitude of there’s is corruption on all levels so let’s just betray everyone and break all laws weather we are a beat cop, detective, boss, IAB, FBI or whatever. Let’s break into a cop’s house and rummage through her daughters clothes, steal her jewelry and then force her into cooperation with the FBI!? Last I heard that was called coercion and breaking the law in so many other ways. Is there corruption? Yes. But this show undermines peoples confidence in the good and GREAT cops that are out there. This is sickening. I am glad I only watched episode 1 and not beyond.