Grey's Anatomy Giacomo Gianniotti

Grey's Anatomy: Giacomo Gianniotti Promoted to Series Regular

Good news for all you handsome doctor fans: Grey’s Anatomy is upgrading Giacomo Gianniotti‘s status to series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

Gianniotti, whose previous TV credits include roles on Reign and Selfie, first appeared as Dr. Andrew DeLuca towards the end of Season 11 and has been stirring up drama — in the operating room and in the bedroom — ever since.

News of Gianniotti’s promotion was broken by The Hollywood Reporter.

Are you happy to hear about Dr. DeLuca’s extended stay at Grey Sloan Memorial? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Al says:

Like him but this cast a bit too big now
    Get rid of some

2. Shaun says:

WHY?!Ok,time to send other doctors away if this is required.

3. Vicki says:

I’m glad that he’s going to be a regular instead of recurring bc I like his character. But I would like it more if Joe Alder, who plays Isaac Cross, also becomes a regular.

4. Lauren says:

I’m on board. I like his character. His storylines have brought some lightness to the show when all the heavy crap is going on. Also, is it wrong that I find him hotter now that I know his real name? That is a hot name! Sr. Gianniotti, mi amore…

5. Dizzle says:

Not surprising considering he’s the most involved of the new crop of interns, but how many regulars is that now?! Greys is fast filling up the ranks of cast members it’s almost at daytime-soap levels… is ABCs next move to announce a year-round schedule for the show??

6. Bryan says:

There’s a great article, I think on Deadline, saying that guest acors are now being billed recurring actors and some recurring actors as series regulars because it’s cheaper and they can call em in anytime they want.

7. Kerstin says:

It’s actually a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

8. Bark Star says:

Another uninteresting and interchangeable second row face promoted to series regular ? I see Greys sticks to its guns. The cast needs a serious trimming down. Not even half of them are interesting enough.

9. I think after season 13 let the show end

10. Tina says:

I like his character, but It seems like the writers are trying to create another “Mer-Der” couple…Attending/Intern romance.
    No offense, but Maggie and Andrew don’t have any on-screen chemistry…at all!