Biggest TV News 2011

TVLine Turns 5: Castle's First Kiss, Wonder Woman's Woes and More of January 2011's Big News Stories

As much as we would love to hog the spotlight, it turns out that TVLine’s launch wasn’t the only buzzy entertainment moment of January 2011.

As our fifth birthday celebration continues, we’re looking back at the news stories about Castle, How I Met Your Mother, an unborn Game of Thrones and other shows that caused jaws to drop, eyes to roll and heads to be scratched at or around the time of our grand entrance.

From David E. Kelley’s tried-and-failed (and tried, and failed) Wonder Woman reboot, to TV’s case of Bieber Fever, to some seriously shocking deaths and hook-ups, we’ve compiled 18 ghosts of TV past to get you feeling nostalgic.

Scroll through the gallery below (or click here for direct access) for a trip down memory lane, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. spindae2 says:

Unbelievable that only 5 years have passed for some stories.
    It deels like Ringer and Private Practice aired decades ago.

2. c-mo says:

That was a fun walk down memory lane!

3. Alex says:

Sigh. Castle was SO good back then.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

BEST: Game of Thrones and Homeland. WORST: reboots of Charlie’s Angels and Wonder Woman. Also, 2011 was the year Minka Kelly and Derek Jeter broke up.

5. Joey says:

It is really sad to see Castle at the point it is. We have two show runners who state they have so much more to write about but refuse to do what it takes to fix the real problem, the separation of Rick and Kate. A survey by cartermatt and polldaddy shows that almost 70% of the fans that are left would like to see the separation over between 1 and 3 episodes ( 9,10 and 11) I just have the feeling Castle is going to go the way of The Following and State of Affairs. Mr. Hawley did a great job with them to. Maybe to night Rick or Kate or both of them will win a People Choice award, that would be great.

6. Sara says:

Happy 5th Anniversary, TVLine!!! It seriously feels like you have been my go-to for television news for so much longer. Here’s to many more years and tv scoops to come!

7. Rachel says:

Oh man you made me miss Life all over again! :(

8. Alicia says:

Happy Birthday TVLine and thanks for amazing 5 years!

9. ? says:

This just confirms my nagging impressions that you guys covered Glee and Bones-related happenings way, way more than was/is warranted, ha. See also: Castle. Still, I guess part of what you publish is what you can get, and those productions let you inside.

10. Alicia says:

Wow, can’t believe it’s been 5 years already. Marshal’s dad dying hit me like a ton of bricks then. So sad… And Dair…oh, what could have been… I remember there was a lot of love for them on this site. Also, thanks to TVLine, I was cautios and tried not to get my hopes too high. I actually tuned out from the show before their split happened; never to return again.

11. jalahyacinth says:

Wait…. I was around for ALL of those. How did I not know that was the beginning of this site?! *feeling sheepish*