TVLine Stores Most Comments American Idol

TVLine Turns 5: Readers Speak! Our 10 Most Talked-About Stories Ever

tvline-5One of the most amazing things about TVLine happens the moment after we hit “publish” on a story: You, our readers, start to chime in.

As we noted in a recent post, TVLine has published more than 25,000 stories since our 2011 launch. And our readers have added their two cents to most of them, talking smart about TV with all the passion, persuasion and — more often than not — politeness we’ve come to expect from people as tube-obsessed as we are.

We looked back on all of the stories we’ve posted so far and called out the 10 that nabbed the most comments from TVLine Nation. (Note: We left out posts like Cancellation/Renewal Scorecards and Tournament Brackets, because those are just ringers.)

What got you guys talking the most? In short: abrupt series cancellations (and one unexpected reprieve), reality-singing competitions and characters you love to hate.

Click through the gallery below, then — you guessed it! — hit the comments with your thoughts: Were you surprised by the stories that made the list? What did you expect to be there instead?

1. volcfom says:

Victory for Haley! Woot w00t!

2. Imagecrafters says:

Glad Haley found life post AI as did Longmire find life at NetFlix – Long Live PMJ & NetFlix!

3. Rachel says:

Longmire twice. Definitely deserving of being talked about.

4. Dean says:

Happy 5 year anniversary writing team of tvline. Agreed about Longmire scoring twice on the list AE must be kicking themselves for letting it go. As for NCIS pretty most of sure those comments were from the ‘fans’ who lost it the second Gibbs called Bishop, Probie.

5. schu says:

Yaaaas Haley. So glad she at least got on and as far as she did when Idol was still relevant. Victory for the slayer indeed. Happy 5 Years TVline! Thanks for always being there on my lunch breaks.

6. Katherine215 says:

Happy 5 Years, TVLine! I don’t know how I would survive my workday without you.
    Still mad about Forever and Witches of East End.

7. Hugh says:

Haley Reinhart is my favourite Idol contestant ever! So happy for her continued success with Postmodern Jukebox! The slayer is immortal!

• Danny says:

Hey, Thanks for mentioning Postmodern Jukebox. I was a huge AI fan from seasons 4 until season 11. I watched 12 and 13, but it was blah so I gave up on it. Haley was my all time favorite, but I kind of lost track of her. For awhile she wasn’t doing a whole lot. I came here simply to see what might be going on with the final season of AI, though I’m not going to watch it. I see your comment, what she’s up to. I Googled it and see she’s gotten going again. So a huge thank you.

8. mzteaze says:

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I followed you from that old website here….congrats!

9. Shaun says:

Ah Bunheads,you launched the epic duo of Julia Goldani Telles and Bailey De Young.

10. Kathy V. says:

So fun to watch the Haley interview again. She’s a force that can’t be stopped. I’m enjoying her current performances in Post Modern Jukebox.

11. Terry says:

Ah, good times, Haley Reinhart was the only contestant I ever became invested enough in to follow and support after Idol. Hope she finally releases some new music this year like she has been saying she’s going to for the past 4 years! I’m not really in to the PMJ stuff but thank goodness for that cover of Can’t Help Falling In Love she released last year, it’s divine!

12. Timmah says:

FYI: only one “l” in “canceled”.

13. AMG says:

First, Happy Birthday!

Second, Wow! I didn’t know that there were that many comments for those stories!

14. BarbaraAnn Nacrelli says:

This is My FAVORITE SHOW on TV….THEY are like my ADOPTED Family, I watch all the ReRuns sometimes 3X a Week…when KATE and Diva Left it was an difficult time for me to adjust to them NOT being PART of my Family anymore. I watch RISSOLI & ISLES all the time, customer of Kate and the rest of the CREW on this show. DiNozzo leaving WOW😳😳😳😳😳😳 I haven’t any words to describe how I feel😪😪😪I still want Ziva to return. The ACTORS & ACTRESSES on my NCIS are tremendously TALENT, REAL, PROFESSIONAL, ever Episode is SUPREME that’s Y I watch it 3 or more X’s a WEEK 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝