The Royals Renewed

The Royals Renewed for Season 3 at E!

The Royals will continue its reign into 2017.

E! has renewed Mark Schwahn’s frothy soap for a 10-episode third season, the cable net announced Tuesday.

In its current second season, the series — which stars Elizabeth Hurley as the cunning Queen Helena — is averaging just over 1 million viewers an episode.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Ian says:

Its just been really cliche in this 2nd season, but i try to be an advocate for 2nd chances, and I loved the 1st season, so Im glad there’s a chance they’ll get back to how I liked it.

2. LADY_in_MD says:

Yes! This season has been good glad it was renewed

3. wrstlgirl says:

This season has been a bit messy, nothing much has really happened, but I’ll take a 3rd season.

4. Tina says:

haha! I just sent an ask Ausiello about this yesterday. So glad it got renewed.

5. Alyse says:

I loved the first season but am behind on the second one. I hope they bring Ophelia back as a series regular for season 3.

6. Bwhit says:

I love the show and characters so I’m happy it’s renewed. Am I the only one who thinks they are spending way too much time setting up the conspiracies rather than solving them and getting back to the shameless soapy stuff that was so good about season 1?

• wrstlgirl says:

No you’re not the only one. Princess Eleanor has so much potential to be a force to be reckoned with and Prince Liam needs to be King. Hopefully they won’t drag that out much longer. Those two should be working together to bring down Cyrus. But they need to keep him around because he’s hilarious.

• Bwhit says:

Yes! Cyrus and his one liners are hilarious. I wish they would explore Eleanor outside drugs and boys (and one con artist model)because you are right, they could do so much with her. Liam has been my favorite this year out of all of them.

7. Shaun says:

Need more Ophelia,or that sassy blonde from last season.

8. Et al. says:

I’m surprised E! continues to allow 420 minutes of programming time a year to go toward something other than a Kardashian project.

9. FatherOctavian says:

I’m glad to hear my guiltiest pleasure will be back for another year. I miss the old king, who was the only completely moral character on the show, but I was happy when the show ditched Ophelia and kept the focus squarely on the royal family.

10. zac says:

Season 2 took a nosedive creatively. The DOmino things was so boring and the amount of time spent on Cyrus is just unwatchable. Eleanor didnt do anything but just take drugs but I’ll gladly take a season 3

11. Temperance says:

Yay! My guilty pleasure will be back. I hope they move on to some different plotlines, though; this season has been a little slow and a bit tame.

12. tvjunkie says:

The bad thing about this show is my DVR picks up the last 20-30 seconds of Kraptrashian show that is on before it so I briefly feel like upchucking my last meal briefly every time I start a new episode, until i remember to hit the skip forward button.

13. lindalovesroyals says:

i have found a series a truly look forward to watching every week. It has nothing to do with the self important of the US but the fictitious monarchy of Britain, with a taste of Dynasty. Now that was a show for those that don’t know it. I love the Royals and hope it continues for many more seasons with its plot twists. Thanks E!

14. amy says:

I’m just upset I have to wait soooooooo long for season 3

15. The Royals show is great. Of course, I’m on team Eleanor and Jasper. I think Eleanor should forgive him and realize he truly loves her and only her. His character is so cool. I also like the other cast members also.