The Flash Robbie Amell

TVLine Items: Robbie Amell's Twisted Flash Return, Ellen's Renewal and More

Robbie Amell is returning to The Flash in 2016, but this time around, he’ll be the one raising hell.

Amell will reprise the role of Ronnie Raymond — Caitlin’s husband, and formerly one half of Firestorm, who sacrificed himself to save Central City in the season premiere — but as EW.com reports, he’ll be playing the Earth-Two version of Ronnie, a villain known as Deathstorm.

As revealed in the CW drama’s latest promo, we’ll also meet Caitlin’s Earth-Two persona, a nefarious ice queen known as Killer Frost.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The Ellen DeGeneres Show has been renewed for three more seasons, ensuring that it will at least run through 2020.

* Louis C.K. and Albert Brooks are co-creating, co-writing, executive-producing and starring in an animated comedy pilot for FX, our sister site Deadline reports. Further details about the project, including its title and plot, are not yet known.

* Jimmy Kimmel will guest-star on Tuesday’s episode of The Grinder (Fox, 9:30/8:30c), in which Rob Lowe’s character is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, EW.com reports.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

There’s no stopping Ellen until she’s danced her way through 2020. Also, I’m very shocked to see the return of Robbie Amell’s character on The Flash and it won’t be very good at all.

2. KayCeeCee says:

So excited for the return of Flash!

3. globepush says:

that Amell kid is pretty bad

4. Drew says:

I was hoping to see Earth 1 Ronnie come back, but alternates are always fun. Glad to see how they’re handling Killer Frost.

• Gerald says:

I know. We never saw Earth 1 Ronnie die. I hope he still comes back from Earth 2, and just turns out he got stuck there when he closed the vortex/portal. Glad it is Earth 2 Caitlin that is Frosty.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Good news. Robbie Amell is great!!

6. msemmyjones says:

I still maintain Earth One’s Ronnie isn’t dead. He’s just trapped somewhere on Earth Two.

7. clint says:

i wonder if deathstorm a member of the black lantern corp on earth 2

• Lea says:

I think this Deathstorm is more likely based on the new version of Deathstorm, who appeared in Forever Evil. He’s also an evil Firestorm from another Earth, but in the comics he’s evil Stein instead of evil Ronnie.

8. Was hoping the predictable “Grinder” (the show with Savage & the one with Rob’s character acting on it) would both be ending with 2015, or at least not showing new episodes until the far-better “IZombie” was scheduled so I had yet another reason to avoid his new LOW(e).

As if we need proof of its predictability (writing characters’ responses before they’re said on the episodes as i watched), let’s get a guest star playing themselves on a show that’s named after them & actually exists!

• Phoenix5634 says:

iZombie is such garbage compared to basically any other show on CW currently. I hope it gets cancelled so they can continue other, better shows on their network that are at risk currently.

• Paul says:

Personally, I’m not watching The Grinder, but I can’t say I give a crap if it gets cancelled or not. My TV came with this little box that lets me change the channel if I don’t like the show that’s on. Turns out, everybody else doesn’t have to like the same thing as me.

9. Jared says:

I’ll take Robbie Amell on The Flash anytime he wants to come back.

10. Phoenix5634 says:

Sounds exciting! Just hope they don’t use Deathstorm and Killer Frost to cancel each other’s powers out or something, that was fine for the cold/hot guns, but I hope that isn’t how they get beat.

11. Phoenix5634 says:

I’m more looking forward seeing what Grodd does next season, Enter Solovar. They just can’t do a Gorilla City without Solovar. And I can’t wait for Grodds’ later storylines.

12. Joey Padron says:

Happy Robbie will be back on The Flash! Can’t wait to see earth 2 Ronnie as a villain on the show.

13. Phoenix5634 says:

I hope we see more of Jay Garrick in the 2nd half of this season. I’m expecting some redemption moment for him. Excited to see Ronnie back as Deathstorm.