The Good Wife Video: Alicia Reacts Violently to Eli's Voicemail Deception

The dish has really hit the fan on The Good Wife.

The CBS drama’s winter premiere on Jan. 10 picks up mere moments after Eli dropped that voicemail bombshell on Alicia, and, as you can see from the promo above, the tension between the longtime frenemies has risen considerably.

The angry yet composed Alicia has vanished, replaced by an unhinged and violent Alicia. No one is safe from her wrath. Not Eli and definitely not her fine china.

Press PLAY above and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Can Alicia and Eli’s already-strained relationship be saved?

1. Steven says:

DAMN! Is it January 10th yet?!

2. Well, won’t see the two of them together in the same room for a few years.

• Dave says:

actually the description says they are on a bus for peter’s campaign (sorry hope it wasnt too spoilery since its first episode back)

3. Annie says:

I hope Alicia gets over this quickly. Eli is really her only friend and Alicia keeps a grudge like no ones business (except against Peter lol). I’m not eager to have another story arch like the one with Kalinda.

4. Brock says:

Can someone explain why Alicia is so angry? I get it, she loved Will and feels utterly betrayed by Eli. But she did end up with Will and they had a relationship after the voicemail incident. What difference does it make? She chose to end the relationship.

• xx says:

The voicemail has Will telling her he loves her, which she never heard. Will didn’t say that during their relationship, likely because he thought she’d ignored it when he had earlier.

• Elibu says:

That is not entirely true. Once on the phone when they were together, he signed off with “Love you, bye,” and then they both tried to pass it off as a slip that didn’t mean anything. She let him off the hook by saying she said that once to Jackie, if I’m not mistaken.

• Stacy says:

I suspect she’s trying to rewrite history in her mind. If only she’d known! She would have said I love you back and things would have been different… except, they probably wouldn’t be.

5. LL says:

Ugh…really? Instead of letting her move on they decide to mire her down again with what could have been with Will, so she’s unhappy and angry AGAIN. So this time she throws some dishes? IT’S BORING!!

6. I got to say bring this Will thing up was unnecessary. I mean why dredge up the past or have her go ballistic over i. Being angry I understand but becoming violent and throwing a tantrum? Like someone said Eli is the only one she could really count on and now that’s going away. Granted I thought this was coming when she wouldn’t let him explain about her Investigator being sent to Cali. Right there you could tell things were falling apart between those two. I’m sorry this getting Alicia to a happy place only to knock her back down is getting tiring repetitive and boring.

7. Tee says:

That reaction seemed pretty childish to me. This show is off the rails now, in a bad way. I don’t even know why I watch anymore. Oh, yes, because I like Alan Cumming. It used to be because of that core group, but now…he’s the only reason.

8. Eurydice says:

I don’t know about fine china – that looked like plates you get at a truck stop diner. But I think it’s about time Alicia threw something at somebody. This isn’t just about Will – Eli and Peter and the rest of the political machine have been pushing and manipulating and trying to control her life for years now. And I can imagine herself wondering how life could have been different if she’d said the hell with Peter’s career and married Will instead – so she would be angry with herself, too.

• Larc says:

Wouldn’t Will still be dead? If all that had happened, Alicia would be a widow now.

• Eurydice says:

Not necessarily, many things would have been different if Alicia hadn’t decided to stick with Peter. Who knows, maybe Will and Alicia would have started their own firm. But even a small change could have kept Will out of that courtroom.

• Kim R says:

100% agree Eurydice! :) It was about time she threw something. I think Eli just happened to be the last straw and because it cut so deeply for her, the dam broke. It was about everything, not just one thing. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

9. JosiahBartlet4President says:

It’ll add some interesting tension to the show (albeit several years later). I think that Alicia will lean on Eli again when she discovers that Peter helped rig her election.

10. Stacy says:

The only real question is will Alicia come to terms with her own decisions? She’s not exactly a martyr.

11. Ellen TGW Fan! says:

I’m just shaking my head and rolling my eyes…Do the Kings think we don’t pay attention?

First of all, Alicia got together with Will, shortly afterwards and despite “Voicemail Gate!”

Secondly, during their very short lived romantic encounter, Will and Alicia shared a phone call scene. Remember?! I’m not patient enough to watch reruns, so this is strictly from memory. Will was on his cell, outside, (the office in the street), and Alicia was inside, (at her desk, on the phone), at Lockhart Gardner, where in the midst of ending the conversation, Will, very relaxed, comfortably and naturally uttered in closing, “…ok, love you.” Alicia went silent!
    Will, feeling hurt, slightly awkward and embarrassed, due to her lack of response, quickly apologized for having said it. Alicia, inturn downplayed the incident, ubruptly ending their call.

Upon hanging up, her facial expression seemed both surprised and indifferent. It was very upsetting to me, because I thought she would have at least responded in kind or at least said something more reassuring. It was unsettling and I never forgot it! I waited a long time for the two to finally get together and was totally floored by her response or lack thereof! I have my own theory on Alicia, as I feel she has only truly ever loved Peter. Think about it. They never break up, no matter what he does. She may be intelligent, savvy, etc., but Peter is her kryptonite!

Don’t get me wrong, she is my fav tv heroine, and I always root for her, but she’s running out of friends. Eli really loves both Peter and Alicia. He has a special place in his heart for her, because she’s suffered tremendously as a result of Peter’s indiscretions/transgressions.

I’m not suggesting she shouldn’t be angry about someone screening and erasing calls on her cell. That’s a definite no-no! However, she only has to emphasize that this behavior is unacceptable, even take a moment to be mad…but do get over it! Eli pretty much admitted it wasn’t one of his finest moments and was visibly contrite. He’s a smart, caring person and it could all be resolved during that diningroom table scene, as opposed to her wasting more time on nonsense!

She’s got bigger fish to fry:

Either Alicia stays with Peter, spending several episodes working on their deeply damaged, very confusing, fragmented marriage or divorce! Her constantly choosing to stay with Peter, is the entire emotional arc, driving the show, which is really interesting because Peter is seldom even seen. I love Chris Noth, but enough! He’s affecting all of her decisions, and the lives of others she’s connected to, in that she always decides to stay. As a loyal viewer, I’m tired of paying for it as well. It’s annoying to see her prosper professionally and remain empty and unhappily mixing numerous drinks with her fingers!

Either way, I want to fully root for Alicia every season, (so far seven and I hope more to come), with new potential suitors and not have to scratch my head to remember she’s still with Peter, since season one! Annoying

12. Ellen says:

Love TGW, but Alicia is flipping out, as if she’s unaware of ever experiencing Will declaring his love for her, on a call they shared, as they were together, despite “Voicemail Gate.” I remember the scene like yesterday…Will was outside, walking to his car and talking to Alicia, as she spoke with him from her office, while at Lockhart Gardner. Just before finishing the call, Will uttered, …”O.k, love you”, and Alicia went quiet. Will was visibly crushed by her lack of response, as the comment slipped, but felt natural to him. He quickly apologized for having said it, speaking through the awkward silence, as Alicia haphazardly downplayed the comment, swiftly distances herself and ending the call. As she reflected on the incident, she looked somewhat surprised and indifferent. It was an awful reaction, as I had been rooting for the two. I was totally disappointed, concerning Alicia’s cavalier behavior. Eli is a caring friend, of whom, made a mistake. Alicia should stop wasting time on stale info and either work out pending marital issues since season one with Peter, or divorce. Stop mixing endless drinks with her fingers, flinging gorgeous China and deal with the real elephant in the room! Alicia has chosen Peter, each and every single time, deeply affecting her and those she interacts with, on the show. Deal with this nonsense, it’s annoying