The X-Files: Major Spoilers (William!) and First Looks (Lone Gunmen!) at Fox's 6-Episode Revival

Fox has saved its best X-Files promo for last.

The network powered its X-Files marketing machine to full blast with the release of a 22-minute, spoiler-laden, behind-the-scenes documentary at the making of the upcoming six-episode revival (premiering Sunday, Jan. 24).

Among the highlights from The X-Files: Re-Opened (which is embedded above for your viewing pleasure):

* A first look at the resurrected Lone Gunmen and Mulder and Scully’s now-teenage son William (who apparently features heavily in at least one of the six episodes).

* Several glimpses of Mulder and Scully looking inconsolable (which has me worried about William’s fate).

* A preview of the Darin Morgan written/directed installment, “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster” — which looks and sounds hilarious.

* Awesome outtakes of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson that I hope is a preview of a larger gag reel to come.

Press PLAY above to watch the extensive preview, and then scroll through the gallery below for a closer look at some of the memorable moments.

1. Gary says:

Killing off the Lone Gunmen was one of the biggest mistakes X-Files ever did and I am glad they are back (I know the comic retconned their death but it is nice having them on the small screen again).

2. wrstlgirl says:

So here’s my question. Do we need to revisit some of the final episodes of the series to know what’s going on in this revival??

3. They should keep the canonicity of the death of the Lone Gunmen and CSM and say that these are their clones.

4. Mel says:

That vid is EPIC! Thank you so much for that. Okay, *now* I’m excited again.

5. Christy says:

Oh no! Just think how bad Mulder will be now that he can Google things!! Hahaha. Poor Scully.
    Every time I think I can’t get more excited about this, they release more! :D

• Jerry says:

“The internet is not good for you Mulder”. Ahh, the best line in that whole video. I would watch a series of him sitting in a basement with his beard growing out while furiously/angrily pounding away on a keyboard on conspiracy websites and news article comments.

6. Preacher Book says:

Howingawd’sholyhell do they bring the Lone Gunmen back??????? One of THE great TV deaths of all time. Sacrificing themselves for the greater good, to save people’s lives and being in coffins lined up!!!! Far be it from me to deny actors any work, but WTF??? What’s the mechanism here???

7. Is Scully’s mom gonna die? Scully and Mulder seem to be visiting someone in the hospital, and when they’re on the driftwood, there’s an urn at Scully’s feet.

8. Alex Potter says:

** SPOILER**

I have a strong feeling that Scully and Mulder look inconsolable because Scully’s mother dies. I heard that Scully’s mother is going to be in it and she dies :-/

I love that they are going to bring up William. I always hated how Scully just gave William up for adoption .

9. ninamags says:

Woohooo!!!! That was amazing!!!!!!

So some relationship questions will be answered. I love Darin Morgan and his episode “Small Potatoes”.

Cannot wait!!!!

10. Allison says:

Very exciting! 😁 Can’t wait!

11. Lysh says:

That was a great 22 minutes. I’m pumped.

12. X-Files Fan says:

Outstanding!

13. Tlr says:

In the video x-files reopened it looks like they kill off William. That would be a huge mistake!! It looks like there is an urn at Scullys feet in episode 6. The final episode of the series in the future needs to be that William carries on his fathers legacy. Please Chris Carter don’t kill off William!