Year in Review
Best TV Quotes 2015

2015 in Review: Quotes of the Year!

Throughout the last two weeks, TVLine has put the past 12 months of television under a microscope, highlighting everything from the best performances of 2015 to the 10 worst series of the year to the most “OMG!”-inducing plot twists.

Now, we turn our attention to the best monologues, one-liners and zingers — 55 of them, to be exact — that helped make this year of “peak TV” especially memorable.

Whether it was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler roasting George Clooney at the Golden Globes, or Mad Men‘s Stan finally professing his love to Peggy, or Robert Durst possibly confessing to murder (!) on HBO, we’ve got all the bases covered in our Quotes of the Year gallery.

Scroll through the photos below — or click here for direct access — for a look back at the year’s most unforgettable dialogue, then hit the comments with any we may have missed!

1. Anna says:

I miss Nolan Ross. Like, a lot. How about that spin-off series…? Not gonna happen? That’s just sad.

2. niloofar says:

Great choices.

3. sabrena says:

Cookie’s line from empire was halirious but seriously every thing cookie related is ….

Felecity’S line was sweat I had huge smile during that scene

there were other quotes that I remember:
    cruella : dont bother studing the greats dairy you will never be one of them :D once upon a time
    Jassica jone : self respect get some….

basically ever thing that came out kilgrave’s mouth was gold

• sabrena says:

The 100 had some great quotes too but if i had to choose I’ll go with

non of us is innocent Maya

maybe there is no good guys Abby

4. Alyse says:

Derek (Greys anatomy) and Paul (orphan black)! I still hate that they were killed off, since I loved both of them. Those quotes are heartbreaking!

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Three words: FOR THE WATCH

6. Roger says:

You definitely forgot this gem of a quote from Doctor Who episode “Heaven Sent”

“As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow. Never faster, never slower. Always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long. You will sit too still or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.” – The Doctor.

7. LADY_in_MD says:

Evelyn Powell has so many great lines!

8. spindae2 says:

I are U freaking kidding me with that Arrow quote, TV Line team. There were so many awesome quotes from Arrow and this isn’t even top 20 material.
    “My Brother needed me, my green brother”
    “I’m sorry about what happened to Thea. I really am. I love your family, I always have. I just wish that sometimes you would give a damn about mine.”
    “So why didn’t you tell me about Thea seven months ago? Because you don’t see me as an equal.”

BTW I miss when Scandal delivered so strong lines all the time. The Olitz mess is just awful and hopefully we are done with that.

9. Spence says:

Great list, but I would’ve included “Thank you.” from the Walking Dead. That simple and common phrase has now been tainted for me; I will never hear those two words the same again after that moment.

10. Angela says:

Ahaha, I love that Golden Globes one about George and Amal. Nice.
    Loved the John Oliver and SNL 40th quotes, too. And good callback to Cicely’s awesomeness on HTGAWM.

11. Sheldon W. says:

Where’s ‘We dug coal together’? A simple statement that defines the most complicated protagonist/antagonist relationship on TV… well?

12. Mak says:

TVLine pandering to the shippers..honestly is that the best you could do for Arrow..ok how about making that a bonus quote and give the rest of us a better ‘best quote’.
    Also Scream Queens is choke full of amusing quotes…that quote from Hester is not even in the top 30!
    SMH

13. Fogh says:

Bonus quote from AoS: Fitz in the season 2 finale: “Science, biatch!”

14. Linda says:

Heck yeah Sam and Dean are better working together than seperate.

15. DarkDefender says:

Here are my favorite ones:
    “You were right… That our break-up could have been a cover to bring down LokSat.” ~ Beckett [and the entire Castle fandom] (Castle)
    And
    “Oh… My…. God! My entire understanding of physical space has been transformed! Three dimensional Euclidean geometry has been torn up, thrown in the air, and snagged to death! My grasp of the universal constants of physical reality has been changed forever.” ~ Twelve, with a proper reaction the “it’s bigger on the inside” discovery (Doctor Who)

16. Candace says:

Good one from HGAWM, but no “Right now I have to go handle a bitch?”

17. Lexi says:

IZOMBIE His pants are so low it’s like a bra for his ads…

18. Jim says:

Seriously? Not one Cisco quote? Some “best of” list if there isn’t a Cisco quote. He could have had a dozen make this list. He should get his own list, they were better than a lot of the ones that made this list.