Year in Review

The Best of Late Night 2015: Thrones Dinner Party, Bayside Reunion, Marty and Doc's Future Shock and More

Much like Brenda’s nails, late-night TV was “on fleek” in 2015.

Don’t believe us? Just have a look at TVLine’s picks for the best clips from The Tonight Show, Late Night, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Last Week Tonight, SNL and others, which include interviews with politicians and whistleblowers, sing-a-longs with Oscar nominees and Grammy winners, and intimate dinner parties with Game of Thrones royalty.

And while that of course only scratches the surface, we’re confident our selection is a cut above the rest — especially if what you fancy is ’80s nostalgia trips and jabs at iconic sitcom finales.

Check out the gallery below (or click here for direct access), then tell us which late-night moments you most enjoyed in 2015.

1. nicademus11 says:

Seriously?!?!?!? How is Lin-Manuel Miranda’s freestyle of Fallon not here.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show with James Corden is my absolute favorite.

3. Angela says:

Excellent pick from Stephen’s show. Agreed on your pick from John Oliver’s show, too-there are SO many moments from his show that would fit here this season. I always love that I’ve learned something new after watching his show.
    As for Jon Stewart, I thought his entire final episode was great, and would’ve nominated that one. Going out with appearances from a long list of correspondents past and present, and a performance from Springsteen? Can’t top that. I also feel like Larry Wilmore should be in here somewhere. I’ve enjoyed his commentary on the presidential race thus far.

• Elf says:

Agreed. John Oliver starting his own church to expose how televangelists are abusing their tax-exempt status was amazing. As for Wilmore, I suppose the moment that stands out for me was when he said he was done joking about Bill Cosby.

4. KT5 says:

My vote would also include the ‘almost date’ with Jimmy Fallon and Nicole Kidman

5. KevyB says:

Note to Jimmy Fallon: Not a single thing here was a celebrity playing a game.