Legends of Tomorrow Sara Romance

Legends of Tomorrow: Will Sara Find Post-Pit Love With a 1950s Nurse?

Ali Liebert, who in recent years has hung out in the 1860s (on Strange Empire) and the 1940s (as one of the Bomb Girls), next will call the 1950s home — as a guest star on The CW’s timey-wimey Legends of Tomorrow.

Liebert will appear in an episode of the midseason Arrow/Flash offshoot as Lindsay Carlisle, a mild-mannered, closeted nurse who awakens something in Sara Lance/White Canary (played by Caity Lotz) that had been dormant since her death (understandably!) and eventual resurrection via the Lazarus Pit.

“When Sara first meets Lindsay Carlisle, she finds herself in the position of caring about someone for the first time in forever — an idea she’s not entirely sure she’s ready for,” exec producer Phil Klemmer told EW.com.

Anyone else getting a “City on the Edge of Forever” vibe from this set-up?

Liebert’s TV credits also include Lost Girls, Harper’s Island (as barkeep Nikki) and Kyle XY.

Legends of Tomorrow debuts Thursday, Jan. 21 at 8/7c (where it will displace the Friday-bound Vampire Diaries and lead into The 100 Season 3).

1. It needs to be said, how could it not? Hellooooooo, nurse!

2. Dean says:

‘caring about someone for the first time in forever’ so her family, Oliver, Team Arrow , Nyssa and street-kid Sin don’t count?

• A says:

I think they are talking about Sara having a real serious romantic relationship with a potential future.

• Kris says:

I think that they mean since she was in the pit.

• NM says:

“who awakens something in Sara Lance/White Canary (played by Caity Lotz) that had been dormant since her death (understandably!) and eventual resurrection via the Lazarus Pit.” – it clearly states everything right there.

• Heather says:

That’s not Phil Klemmer talking in your quote as it is in Dean’s, so I don’t know what that has to do with the problem Dean pointed out.

• Sara says:

The “problem” that Dean pointed out is being taken too literally by Dean. The explanation that NM gave is appropriate, as Phil Klemmer was simply using a common phrase to discuss Sara’s frame of mind in that it has been a long time since she has been able to feel a spark of emotion for someone because of her death and resurrection.

• Sara says:

It is just a phrase! Yes, she obviously cares/cared for all of those that you mentioned, but since her resurrection, she obviously has had a hard time. That is what he meant by “for the first time in forever;” it is just an exaggeration of the time since she has been able to feel like herself.

3. Annie says:

Oooooo! I love Ali Liebert! A great casting choice.

4. I started watching Arrow after Sara Lance died and never realized she was a lesbian. I was hoping she’d fall for Ray Palmer

• John NYC says:

Nope she and Nyssa al Ghul (Daughter of the Demon)were a couple

• Christoffer says:

Oh, as much as I dislike it, I’m putting money on it happening. Sarah is bisexual, she likes both guys and girls, and with TV being as heteronormative as it is, there is almost no way in hell they’d take the two “stars” of the show and -not- pair them together. (Though I am in wonder over the fact that it looks like they’ll actually show her bisexuality) Anyway,cyou’ll get to see some Sarah/Ray action. Personally, I’d like to see her work things out with Nyssa though.

• JC says:

Ray is too boring and vanilla for Sara Lance.

• Em says:

She’s not a lesbian though, she’s bisexual. I doubt she’ll be with Ray but it’s still possible.

5. Crest says:

Oh lmao at those snotty nysara fans.

6. Joey Padron says:

Glad she’ll get a love interest on the show. Good choice of actress they got to play Sara’s love interest.

7. Andrea says:

It’s Lost GIRL, not Lost Girls…. just sayin’.

8. Shaun says:

Heh,she was a lesbo on Bomb Girls,maybe on Lost Girl too.

9. JC says:

Caity and Ali will be hot together.

10. wooster182 says:

I really like that actress and I’m all for watching this storyline but I’m gonna be a total fangirl and say I’m already endgaming Sara and Ray.

11. liame says:

So excited for Hawkgirl (Woman) and HawkMan!

12. SR says:

Why producers always have to involve Sara with someone else? Sara belongs to Nyssa only. I would definitely prefer that Sara focus on fixing things with Nyssa and that we saw flashbacks of their encounter instead of this new couple. I agree that Sara has to work on her feelings since she emerged from the pit and if Lindsay could help her with that then yes, but can they just be friends? Like Sara cared for Sin?
    Nyssa/Sara is endgame fan and Katrina and Caity have a great connection playing together.

• Sam says:

I agree … sara and nyssa should get back together.

• Nyssara says:

For now it does not seem that Ali Liebert will be in a lot of episodes so i hope she is just a trigger for Sara to get back with emotions. Exploring back stories of Nyssa and Sara will be much more interesting.

13. I like Sara with Captain Cold or Rip Hunter!

14. Erin says:

Maybe…but I’m really liking the idea of Sara and Snart ;) I mean, after the pilot…I’m just digging it.

15. jcpnknife says:

i love it when sara kis nurse carlisle in a lesbian kiss sexy.