The Flash Winter Promo: Killer Frost Arrives — With Earth-Two Barry/Iris?

“This is Ground Zero for ‘pretty messed up.'”

Truer words have probably never been spoken by The Flash‘s Joe West — and we’re not even sure if they came out of his mouth before or after the wildest goings-on in The CW’s new “Everything Will Change” promo for the second half of Season 2.

In the all-too-brief teaser, you’ll spy Caitlin’s Killer Frost alter ego emerging with wicked glee. There’s Barry and Iris either attending a retro costume party or (more likely) giving us a glimpse of their touchier, feelier Earth-Two selves.

And, as revealed earlier today, Matt Letscher is (somehow) back as Eobard Thawne aka Reverse-Flash.

The Flash returns to The CW on Tuesday, Jan. 19 (8/7c).

Excited about the new preview? Is “Everything Will Change” overselling it — or absolutely on-target? Sound off below!

1. Cilla says:

Loving the vintage westallen look, the sexual tension and the way Barry is looking at Iris can’t wait to see this scene. Also great to have Reverse Flash back.

2. Yes! I have missed Westallen so much can’t wait to see what there relationship on Earth 2 looks like. (Low key praying they’re married.)

• Sam says:

Me too that would be so awesome! Even that spilt second of the promo and it’s like electric chemistry with Westallen I’m so excited.

3. Fowsia says:

OH MY GOD! Barry and Iris together on Earth 2??!?! Here for it! I wholeheartedly believe they end up together on every universe — I’m so excited! Also super excited for Wally!

4. Mo says:

The moment I’ve been waiting for! Earth-2 Barry and Iris are gonna be amazing!!!!

Earth 2 in general looks kickass.

5. Lily says:

I really hope Earth 2 Barry and Iris are married! It’s hard to tell what’s happening in that clip though- she could either be threatening him, scolding him, or scrutinizing him to see if he’s really him (maybe it’s E1 Barry impersonating himself). I can’t wait though- they need to at least give us ONE episode this season of them together, even if it’s only their Earth 2 selves, since we’re not getting it in Earth 1.

6. Layla says:

Yes!! E2 Barry & Iris <3 Can't wait. Also Wally West and the return of Reverse Flash.

7. nat says:

touchy westallen please <3

• Sam says:

Is this why they have been starving us of their scenes? Because this little chin touch between Barry and Iris is sending me over the edge lol. The way he Barry looks at Iris is so beautiful

8. Josh says:

Here for Killer Frost!

9. Logan says:

Barry and Iris are endgame in every universe. I’m so ready for earth 2 westallen!

10. Jaz says:

With the reappearance of the Reverse Flash, could this mean that Eddie or a version of Eddie is still alive

11. Hailey says:

Everyone here is so excited about E2 WestAllen, I’m just excited for EARTH TWO OK? Also Eobard Thawne is back and as long as they give a good reason for his ability to return I’m happy to see him back too! I wonder if this Eobard Thawne is a pre-Nora Allen murder one or perhaps even an Earth 2 Eobard Thawne???? Or will they just come up with some ‘he wasn’t really dead’ thing?

12. Jo says:

Anyone think that Barry somehow looks even hotter in his Earth-2 costume? Daayyng. Cant wait to get a more detailed look at Earth-2, I’m so excited!

13. Bill says:

Looks awesome

14. Jane says:

There’s a ton of stuff going on, but all I care about is Earth-2 Barry and Iris. <3

15. Joey Padron says:

Preview for new episodes looks good. Can’t wait for the show to be back next month!

16. Alexis says:

I am so hyped for earth 2 westallen. Best christmas present a TV show has given me. Also pumped for return of Eobard Thawne as well as excited to see more of Wally

17. SO freaking happy we’re getting E2 WestAllen thank you lord. They look so great too. 😭 We’ve waited so long. It finally paying off.

18. Diana says:

Really curious about Earth 2 Barry and Iris!

19. Azerty says:

This glimpse of Earth-2 Barry contradicts my theory that he was in prison for Nora’s murder and Earth-2 Henry is a speedster (Zoom?) like in E2 the Queen’s roles are reversed Robert is the vigilante and Oliver is dead. Too bad I was very proud of it.

20. Migue says:

im so damn ready for killer frost

21. Pat says:

This looks exciting but to be honest with you the only thing I could make out in that clip, was Killer Frost and everything else was a blur to me. I am not sure who is who from earth one or two. I take that back, Joe was earth one. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🎄🎄🎄

22. herman1959 says:

I’m looking forward to the return of The Flash, but I’m not getting too excited about the trailer, YET. A lot of things are out of context, so it’s not easy to know what anything means – the photo could be just another “I believe in you, Barry” moment. We’ll see, but I’ll bet West/Allen don’t get together until the end of the season. I can wait; I love this show.

23. Ingrid says:

Super excited for E2 Westallen !!! I’ve missed them so much :

24. Luis says:

I want some Killer Frost!

25. Mik says:

Iris’ hair on E2 is everything, I’m feeling her entire look there. Nice to see some Westallen in the promo, and also WALLY!!! I’m looking forward to 2B, so far it seems like it will be way better than 2A. The homie Zoom even showed up live and in person (maybe) in this promo.

• Rebecca says:

Iris West’s hair is flawless, the whole Earth 2 vibe they have is wonderfu. Barry and Iris look perfect. #WestAllen I need them desperately. I wonder what havoc Zoom will reek now.

• Mik says:

There is so much cute stuff that they can, and should, do with her hair, I hope they start giving her more varieties. I really think she needs to wear a ponytail more often.

26. Melinda says:

Barry and Iris on Earth 2!!!! I was wondering if we would get a glimpse of them and to see Westallen on Earth 2 is wonderful. They look married or at the very least a committed couple. Candice and Grant uttered not one word in that promo yet you can feel their chemistry. They work extremely well together.
    I am curious about their lives on Earth2. I know some have speculated that Earth2 Barry could be a reporter. I wonder what Earth2 Iris is doing professionally. Regardless I am more excited to see Westallen on any alternate Earth being treated like the iconic couple they are than on Earth1 where not only is the possibility of a potential romance is fridged but so is their friendship.

27. ladida says:

Mmmm,Iris and Barry like this is my aesthetic :)))

28. Valerie says:

Here for WestAllen!!! I’M SO READY FOR THEM!! I don’t care about KF at all..since I hate DP’s acting so I really think she’s gonna mess everything up. Sorrynotsorry.

• JS says:

Yeah, Danielle isn’t a good actress. I wish Earth-1 Caitlin could turn to KF and the show would get rid of her. DP is a weakling.

• Caleb M says:

I think the makeup and CGI will help. Her Earth 1 really shows how bad her acting skills are :-/ but I think her being Killer Frost would be 100 times better.

I’m hoping the make her Earth 1 Killer Frost (not to kill her though) because her just as Caitlin Snow “the girl desperate for Jay Garrick to notice her” is frustrating. She has no purpose on the show.

29. Sunsoraye says:

Barry and Iris look so happy and so in love. No matter what setting you put him in, Barry will always be in love with Iris. He has more chemistry in this that one moment than he has had with what’sherface all season long. This almost makes up for the lack of WestAllen we’ve had so far this season. I truly believe that heart to heart talk with them was deleted because it overshadowed him with what’sherface and they really had to try to force that. There’s no forcing this. Barry and Iris belong together.

30. Sam says:

WestAllen! Barry and Iris look amazing. It reminds me so much of Clark and Lois right now and really cool vibe. I love it! And look at Wally/Joe having a bonding moment.

Reverse Flash is back yaayy he’s a badass!

31. Kay says:

I live I live I live Earth 2 Westallen Is serving me. That promo was way to short but with sooooooo much to look forward to I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!

32. Caleb M. says:

Wally West in live action is giving me chills. I’m stoked that Eobard is back and the actor who plays him is great (I prefer him over TC)

Barry and Iris Earth 2! Man, they look awesome! He looks like Clark Kent and she’s rocking a whole Lois Lane look. I’m so excited for Earth 2!

33. Nilani says:

WOW, Candice Patton looks so gorgeous and beautiful! She’s nailing the vintage look to perfection, and I can’t wait to see Iris’ vintage outfits as well -we all know, Candice has a good eye for fashion and style! ;)
    Also, SO MUCH HERE FOR EARTH 2 WESTALLEN!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Yaaasss, bring it on!

34. John NYC says:

Nope, sorry, Barry and Iris just send out incest vibes for me. She’s moved on, he’s moved on: best to leave it that way and develop the characters independently.

But, but, *comics*? Don’t care, this is the television show not the comic books. And on the show I’ve seen they’re way ore brother and sister than anything and as this ISN’T Game of Thrones….

• Mik says:

Well, AJK doesn’t think they are incest, and neither does anyone else actually involved in the production of the show, so womp.

• John NYC says:

“AJK”? So Kreisberg likes Laurel on Arrow as well so there’s that…

But in any case that’s what these discussion boards are about right? People voicing their own opinions.

And that’s mine.

Here’s to them continuing to move forward an on rather then backwards. They work GREAT as emotionally supportive family (as does Joe).

• Jackson says:

Meh they don’t share any DNA. She’s black and he’s white – that’s literally staring us all the face lol. But to each their own.

Barry’s my fave and because he’s always desired Iris romantically I personally can’t see it any other way. When they try to be “just friends” I’m like STOP LYING YOU WANT EACH OTHER LOL!

My only issue was he should have told her sooner but that’s how love stories go.

I’m 100% on board for these two. It’s rare I care for relationships on show but man this is one of them. I got lucky with these two. Bonus the actress that plays her is hot!

It’s funny how he’s been dating that cop Penny but the moment he has clips with Iris it’s like you can see just how much he’s in love with her. Even in this short promo clip it’s always so intense between them.

EARTH TWO IS GOING TO BE SICK! So it’s Earth 1 Barry running into Earth 2 Iris whose his girlfriend/wife/bestfriend?

And Reverse Flash is back in play! Excellent!

• Justin says:

First of all, the WestAllen snippet that ppl are going crazy over is most likely on Earth 2. For all we know, Barry didn’t grow up with Iris on Earth 2 and if that’s the case there should be no “incest vibes”. Second, every Flash fan knows deep down that Barry and Iris are gonna end up together whether they like it or not…but I bet even those that don’t will keep watching. They are Clark Kent/Lois Lane endgame. You don’t mess with that in any comic adaptation.

• FashionMaven says:

There is a theory that it’s Earth 1 Barry with Earth 2 Iris (who might have just kissed him and now realizes it’s not HER Barry – which is why it looks like she’s inspecting him).

The promo looks great – it’s kind of a mash up of stuff and hard to pull anything out, but it looks fun. RF is back? I really really hope that means Eddie is back and MAYBE Eddie did become Cobalt Blue who is really Zoom?

Ugh – dunno.

I want to get excited about Killer Frost, but something in DP’s line delivery threw me off – I’d like to see a truly evil KF like she is in E1 comics, but I guess I will take what I can get. Maybe (to play to DP’s level of acting) they should have KF on E2 be a conflicted villain?

35. courtney says:

Earth 2 Barry or Earth 1 Barry impersonating him? I’m here for it. He looks real cute with those glasses.

36. courtney says:

Also excited to see Reverse Flash, and Killer Frost

37. Lizzie says:

Barry/Iris look awesome. Caitlin as Killer Frost looks ridiculous.

38. eddie is ZOOM our eddie he when he went trough the portal he also went through time when earth 2 wells saved him and created ZOOM in the process thats why eboard tHwane is back cause Eddie is still alive

39. Mo says:

Looks like E2 Iris has something in common with E1 Iris: not here for Barry. That hairstyle & glasses suits him. Iris looks more mature, matches the less than impressed expression she has. Hope they have a different cut of KF in the ep. Looks like Jay is staying behind to mind E1 while Barry is off to his world. RF without Wells’ influence will be interesting. The second half looks more interesting already.

• FashionMaven says:

Mo – not sure that’s how it’s going down. Look at Barry’s mouth – his lips look colored.. like E2 Iris just kissed him… and then suddenly realized it wasn’t HER Barry and now she’s inspecting him…

And if that’s a “not here for Barry” look, I’ll take that any day. The look between both of them is so sexually charged – holy crap. No – that may not be her Barry ( I think it’s E1 Barry impersonating E2 Barry), but it’s still Barry Allen and Iris will always be there for Barry. Even as friends, Iris has proven that she’s there for him…

But that look she gave him? Pure FIYAH! And the way he’s looking at her. Wow.

All of the “I don’t see chemistry” people need to have their eyes checked, lol. This show has totally been holding out on us. The moment they decide to just GO with the CP/GG chemistry this show can’t lose. Stop stalling – just add in those charged moments. Sheesh.

• Mo says:

So far, E1 Iris still isn’t here for Barry the way he wants her to be. Maybe you’re right it’s E1 Barry, but that’s a douche move to kiss E2 Iris. Barry & Iris have chemistry as friends. Remains to be seen as lovers, and that scene? Too short for anything except 2 people standing intimately close yet her expression is far from intimate. Anything more is viewer projecting what they want to see.

• N says:

If E1 Barry and E2 Iris kiss, it’s probably because E2 Iris initiated it thinking he was her husband or boyfriend, fingers crossed :).

40. Phoenix5634 says:

So excited to see Eobard back as reverse flash! And killer frost should be pretty awesome! Can’t wait to find out more about Zoom, he has the characteristics of hunter zoloman, but also a little like a black flash.

Is that E2 Barry or possibly future Barry.

Could it be possible that the Eobard and future Barry from season 1 were from E2 or another earth, but accidently travelled to E1 in their fight, which is the reason it drained RF’s speedforce. And then when future Barry would have returned to his time on our Earth ( if that’s what he did ) had an encounter with our earth’s Eobard RF… And so the fight continues, just like Eobard/wells said last time, they’d be fighting for centuries.

41. Phoenix5634 says:

I wonder how Zooms’ going to react when he learns about Eobard, RF. Itd be kind of funny if Wells threw Eobard under the bus and told Zoom about him. Firstly becuz it would distract Zoom from Barry for abit, but also I’m wondering what would happen if Zoom tried to take the reverse speed force, could it possibly neutralize the regular speedforce that’s he’s already taken from Jay, or any kind of adverse affect on him.

42. Evan says:

It is a total cop-out to make earth-2 Caitlyn Killer Frost instead our Caitlyn!

43. Wow! In the end I got a website from where I be capable of really obtain helpful data regarding my study and knowledge.

44. nus-pieds says:

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this web page is in fact pleasant.

45. Nus-Pieds says:

It’s not my first time to go to see this web
    page, i am visiting this website dailly and
    obtain pleasant facts from here every day.