Michelle Yeoh Marco Polo

Crouching Tiger's Michelle Yeoh Joins Marco Polo Season 2 — See First Photo

Film vet Michelle Yeoh will raise some questions — and probably kick a good deal of ass — with her new role on Marco Polo.

The actress, whose credits include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha and Tomorrow Never Dies, is joining Season 2 of the Netflix drama as a mysterious figure from Hundred Eyes’ (Tom Wu) past.

“Michelle Yeoh is not only a screen legend and one of the greatest international action stars of all time, she’s one of the best actors of her generation. So we are thrilled to have her join one of the most diverse ensembles in television and bring her unique talents to Marco Polo,” series creator John Fusco said in a statement. “Her role in the second season is one that’s going to add even more intrigue, mystery and Asian martial arts to our rich story world.”

Yeoh’s small screen credits include Cinemax’s Strike Back and Netflix’s upcoming Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny foll0w-up movie (streaming and hitting theaters Feb. 26).

Marco Polo Season 2 will release sometime during 2016.

1. Shaun says:

Nice,not sure how old she is or how much fighting she can do.

2. Saulo says:

Finally some news about one of my new favorite TV shows.

3. Annie says:

I love her! It’s too bad that Marco Polo was a terrible show (only watched one episode before giving up).

• ImperatoreFormaggio says:

You’re a terrible commenter. (Only read this one before giving up).

• tvjunkie says:

how immature of you

• Annie says:

I almost never judge a show based on one episode, always give it at least two. But Marco Polo was so awful I couldn’t give another hour of my life over to it. There needs to be *something* to care about…and there just wasn’t. It was subtly mysogynistic and racist.

• Mickyj says:

I guess, some shows require some brains to understand, so I understand where you come from.

• tsevca says:

I admit, I watched, but it´s no miracle, I simply love history too much to skip this, plus the setting… But Annie said it more or less right. Typical American look on a culture that isn´t American. In that regard, I got exactly what I expected, not having my hopes up. And of course there had to be lovestory between Marco and that princess (I don´t remember her name). Who cares the real one never even suggested it, all American versions must have it, because he is what every historical Asian girl dreams about – white guy with literally no quality, practicly telling her the way she was raised is wrong, telling her about the miracle that is monogamous society, conveniently forgetting to mention that it doesn´t mean that men don´t sleep with other women, only they don´t have to take care of them, since they aren´t officialy theirs. Who cares, it´s the biggest cliche, right? Like the fact that she´s forced to marry someone, who is portrayed as a not worthy opponent. God forbid the lead wasn´t the better choice.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is one of my favorite movies of all time. I really enjoy her run on Strike Back. She also kick butt in the James Bond flick Tomorrow Never Dies.

5. Scott says:

This is starting to feel like a carrot at the end of a stick. Fist they said “late 2015” then “December 2015” now “sometime 2016.” WTF… I loved the first series but I’m starting to get a sour taste for season two with the delays/deceptions.