Homeland Season 6 NYC

Ratings: Homeland, The Affair End Seasons on High Notes

Showtime’s Homeland wrapped Season 5 on Sunday night with 2.07 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating, up 13 percent and a tenth week-to-week to hit season highs.

Homeland was up a tenth from its year-ago finale to mark its second-highest rated season ender. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “B-.”

The Affair continued Showtime’s solid showing by closing its sophomore run with 1.11 million total viewers — its largest audience ever — and a 0.3 rating, which marks a season high and matched its Season 1 finale. TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of “B+.”

1. Jessica says:

I enjoyed both series this year, especially ‘The Affair’. Not too happy about Quinn dying though.

2. Mollytanner says:

The more I think about the Homeland finale, the more I admire it for how it fits in with the overall theme and uncompromising nature of the show and its characters.

3. ajspree says:

i am not happy about quinn dying either…it will be really hard to watch next season

4. drhenning says:

I really don’t quite get these people about how they won’t watch without Quinn.. geesh… they’ve been trying to kill him for 3 seasons and finally did.. Carrie’s better off with that German anyway.. he’s got dough…

5. Annette says:

Both Homeland and The Affair are great!!!!

6. Mr. Tran K says:

Really looking forward to Season 6 of Homeland next year but I’m wondering if the series will end after seven seasons.

7. Pati says:

the affair is very good, one of the few shows that I actully watch live and has me wondering every week what’s going to happen next. Excellent second season.

Now homeland, very disappointing season, like the new character, do we care about them? no, not at all. They made everyone so unlikable, I didn’t really care if they wanted to kill Carrie or not and I hated what they did to Quin’s story line. Just the worst season by far.