Exclusive
Chicago Fire Herrmann Dead or Alive

Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Can the Med Doctors Save Herrmann's Life?

Two weeks from today, Chicago Fire kicks off the franchise’s first three-way crossover, involving victims who have been given lethal overdoses of chemo. But there’s another life-or-death situation much closer to home.

After being stabbed by Freddie and left behind to bleed out in the fall finale, Herrmann is barely holding on in TVLine’s exclusive video. The good news: Med‘s finest, Dr. Connor Rhodes and Nurse April, are tending to the firefighter  — not that that’s any comfort to a distressed Dawson.

Take note, Chicago devotees: On Jan. 5, Fire and Med will swap timeslots for the crossover, with the former starting off the night at 9/8c on NBC.

Press PLAY below to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your prayers for Herrmann.

1. Octavius Spender says:

He’ll always be Steve from SATC. Don’t die Steve, Miranda and Bailey need you! lol

2. wrstlgirl says:

Oh please can we NOT make this about Dawson. Herrmann better not die dammit!!!

• lori says:

I agree…can’t take her.

• wrstlgirl says:

I like the character a little better now that all that sniffling and whining about Casey is over but I still have a hard time with them trying to make her “Super Gabby” and everything has to involve her in some way or another. It’s just too much.

• Cindy says:

I agree! She’s darned near the main character too often. She is a user and I have a feeling Casey is going to get hurt by her again. Sorry for dropping in on your conversation. 😞

• smartysenior says:

I would like this show so much more if Dawson could be moved away with only small parts now and then in the future. This character is, to me, the greatest failing of this show and for the life of me I do not understand why they focus on her so much.

• Cassie says:

I like Dawson but even I am getting sick of every storyline this season revolving around her.

• donna says:

Dawson is a drama queen. She is just trying to be one of the guys. It’s not all about Dawson. She should of stayed right were she was, let the fire the man. Herrmann is better in all ways. Poor Kasey.

• Cindy says:

Totally agree! Gabby should have been gone so long ago.

3. Steven says:

I’m sure Hermann will be fine. Chicago Fire always leaves their characters in peril and they’re always fine. Shay is fine. She moved away. Shut up. Don’t talk to me.

4. Luis says:

YOU CAN”T KILL STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Freddie is a horrible person very bad news I knew he was up to no good when he was asked to go in the back to get items for the bar. I pray that firefighter Herrmann makes it, we have to have a positive heart a positive outcome for him we have to be strong for him we need to have hope we need to have confidence courage. We need to continue to pray for firefighter Herrmann we need to have a prayer chain continuously going for Herrmann. My thoughts & prayers are completely therefore firefighter Herrmann I truly hope he pulls through this operation.
    I have the strong will power the wisdom the strength that’s Chicago Med will pull firefighter Herrmann through this to get him better that he will make it through Recovery. Chicago Fire would not be the same without firefighter Herrmann. We can do all things that are possible if we try through God all things are possible. As God closes one door God opens another for a new beginning. Never give up never quit trying! For once can we please not make this about Dawson and her love life please I’m begging you thank you!!
    In Jesus’s name we pray Amen

6. Rosemary Fohs says:

he can’t die he is one of the good guys and he has a family we need him to be ok….

7. Nancy says:

I am shocked that these commentors are so bent out of shape about Dawson and actually think Hermann is going to die…hilarious!!

• wrstlgirl says:

Well you’re not nearly as smart as you think you are because my comment about Herrmann dying was sarcasm, ever heard of it?

• Nancy says:

Ha ha! It’s so funny because you guys made it about Dawson by bringing her up in your comments… She was mentioned at the very end of the article and that’s it

• wrstlgirl says:

No the video clip made it about Dawson. Why not show his wife who is distraught or Cruz who will likely blame himself for bringing Freddie into their fold. Look I get it, your a Dawson fan and I can respect that. To bad you can’t show us the same.

• Nancy says:

Clearly Dawson and Hermann are very close..remember, she’s his grown up child? Why can’t you just wait to watch the episode before you go off criticizing and making sweeping judgment calls

• wrstlgirl says:

You’re the one who came here with your arrogance and poking fun at some of us who have a different opinion than you. I’m not criticizing and making judgement calls. That would be you starting with your first comment. Own it. Buh bye.

8. Marie says:

We love Hermano!! Por favor let him be ok!!

9. Melchior says:

I hope Herman makes it. In think his character is very important part of the show. Besides has a great actor.

10. Chicago 3 I love it says:

I can’t wait till it comes back on. I wished the played all 3 year round

11. Michael Harvey says:

Herrmann can’t die. He’s the heart of 51. To me, it’s a lot like when ER killed off Dr. Green. It forever sucked after that and Chicago Fire will most likely do the same.

12. Racquel Rowe says:

Hermann’s got to pull through. He is the heart and soul of Chicago Fire where family is concerned!

13. kathie reddy says:

Prayers for herrman

14. Marge Gray says:

Herman has to be fine. And I agree that Gabby is annoying and always in your face. Just like Erin on PD. Her voice is enough to make me mute the TV

15. Ingrid Cadogan says:

Please just can’t loose Herman not now we just love the guy.

16. alicejulius says:

Please kill off hermann , can’t stand his voice, accent and affected speech , couldn’t stand him even on “sex & the city”… just kill him off, PLEASE.

17. Crob says:

Don’t die Herman !!! You are the heart and glue of 51

18. Sunshine Rec says:

Herrmanns character is truly the heart of 51, his love for his children, wife and his 51 family are what keep me watching. His ability to see the best in any situation and his unending faith make him one of the best and beloved tv characters in a long time.

19. Maggie Holderman says:

Don’t let him go off the show!

20. penny says:

Don’t die Hermann!!!

21. Vicki says:

I love Chicago Fire and Herman is one the best on the show I’m praying that he doesn’t die and leave the show he needs to stay there to make Chicago Fire what it is thank you

22. Cindy says:

I realize that shows need to mirror real life, but I really hope that Herrmann is going to make it. He’s the one that EVERYONE can count on for anything. He’s the first one to step up to offer help and support. 💋💞 for Cindy & Herrmann 😇

23. jennifer says:

Hey I am praying for you to get well
    I know you’re a amazing guy on Chicago fire. So god bless

24. Nicholas fournier says: