The Soup Finale: Joel McHale's Sign-Off Involves Clip of All Time, Celebrity Pals

So exactly which of The Soup‘s myriad Clips of the Week was determined epic enough to nab ultimate status in the E! series’ final hurrah?

That distinction goes to video of the late Whitney Houston barking “Kiss my ass” at husband Bobby Brown during their short-lived Bravo reality series Being Bobby Brown.

The revelation came at the end of The Soup‘s series finale Friday, an hour that found host Joel McHale joined by many of his Community co-stars (including Gillian Jacobs, Ken Jeong and Jim Rash) and frequent Soup guests (including Rob Riggle (Modern Family), Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs), James Van Der Beek (CSI: Cyber), Seth Green (Family Guy) and Nathan Fillion (Castle)).

In the episode’s last moments, the show’s staff gathered around McHale as he joked that a Botched rerun would air in the Soup timeslot next week.

“This isn’t the last you’ll see of me or the work of these people on your TV,” he said. “It’s just the last time you’ll see us here.”

Press PLAY on the video above to watch McHale’s heartfelt goodbye, then hit the comments: Will you miss The Soup?

1. Lisa Wo says:

I’ll miss The Soup. How am I supposed to know now what shows not to watch?

2. Joey Padron says:

The Soup finale was good and funny. Joel’s speech was great. Gonna miss seeing on TV every week.

3. Preacher Book says:

Always like ‘The Soup’. My wife never got the jokes and couldn’t understand my disgust at “Toddlers and Tiaras”, despite never having seen the show. It was a show that allowed me to be snobbish about my viewing while rolling in it for a few minutes each week. Joel and crew, you will be missed.

4. Lola says:

Without The Soup, I never would’ve known what the Glory Hole was. LOL!

5. John says:

It was like he was summoning his inner Jeff Winger for his final speech :)

6. BillyBobJohnson says:

E! All Kartrashians all the time. Heard a rumor they were going to change their name to K!

• Lola says:

Yeah, this show was one of the last great things on the E! It’s a shame how far they’ve fallen to the K clan. The Soup and Fashion Police( with Joan) were my guilty pleasures.

• Patrick says:

That last shot of the crew tells you all you need to know. Since Soup was scripted, all those people were union workers, under union contracts. Reality garbage is structured such that almost none of the crew on it are union. Reality shows cost a fraction of what scripted shows make. And, unfortunately for the Soup, it was only good for the one week it covered. They can run reality crap, which they’ve already paid for, on a loop at essentially no extra charge. Paying union writers is muy expensive. E is just going to stop doing that.

7. Mike says:

Boy am I ever going to miss this show. I tried writing to E! to let them know by disgust of their actions and the email just bounced back as “undeliverable”.

8. Lindsey says:

The Soup was my favorite show. I’m genuinely sad about it ending.

9. Donna says:

What will I do without Lou! Never going to watch E again.

10. Susan says:

Joel McHale and The Soup have informed some of the all-time best moments of my life – and I’m an old retired journalist and mother of three – which I realize makes that even more tragic – but I’m a huge, longtime fan and I will happily abandon e! forever in memory of the only worthwhile show it has ever offered – The Soup with Joel McHale.

11. Liz says:

I was counting on The Soup for my Joel fix after Community was cancelled. I hope to see him in a new show soon. Or maybe that Community movie!