The Big Bang Theory: 14 Unforgettable Sheldon and Amy Moments

Remember when The Big Bang Theory‘s Sheldon adamantly referred to Amy as his friend but not his girlfriend?

Needless to say, the couple’s Relationship Agreement has undergone quite a few tweaks since their peculiar “meet-cute” in the Season 3 finale, with the biggest change coming in this Thursday’s episode (8/7c, CBS).

On the eve of their momentous giblet joining, TVLine looks back at 14 unforgettable “Shamy” moments, from first kiss to first spanking.

Browse Sheldon and Amy’s best, worst and most uncomfortable moments in the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then sound off in the comments.

1. Znachki says:

My favorite is when they kiss on the train. I think it’s really “the moment” for Sheldon.

2. Anna says:

I can’t help it, I just don’t like them together. I like Mayim Bialik, but I just can’t stand Amy. Just looking at the picture of the spaking scene makes me a little sick. I still don’t get why Sheldon needed a girlfriend in the first place… Anyway, happy for all the shippers and some of these scenes were really cute (even though they mostly felt forced to me).

• Karen Bussey says:

Anna, I agree 100%. I love Sheldon, but for some reason, they just don’t “fit” it’s just awkward.

3. Kate says:

Its interesting how polarizing the character of Amy is. She’s one of my favourite parts of TBBT and I’ve been watching from the beginning of the series.

4. I love the way Sheldon and Amy got back together on the last episode of big bang theory. That was so romantic they definitely belong together.

5. janet89 says:

I’m torn between rooting for Sheldon/Penny or Sheldon/Amy. Agree about the kiss on the train. That was my fav “Shamy” moment.

6. Michelle A says:

My big problem with Amy is that there didn’t seem to be a natural transition between the first “Amy” we saw and the “Amy” we see today. It seemed like the writers just jaggedly moved her from one character to the next. As opposed to Sheldon, who I can see a gradual growth for him from the first episode to today. I like them today, but watching old episodes (ie – when we first met her, zero emotion, and the period of her having a girl crush on Penny) is just ick and doesn’t make sense.

7. ABG says:

I actually think they should break up. Not a healthy relationship.

8. Kritz says:

Seriously? You left out the Season 5 finale where Sheldon holds Amy’s hand as they watch Howard take off?
    I thought that was a significant moment for the Shamy, especially Sheldon, who’s uncomfortable initiating physical contact.

9. Lyn says:

Nothing against Mayim, but good grief I despise Amy! There is nothing about her that isn’t repellant.