Finding Carter Season Finale

Finding Carter Season Finale Recap: A Fatal Encounter Changes Everything

Finding Carter‘s core crew has been known to blur the line between right and wrong, but that line has never been more ambiguous than during Tuesday’s two-hour season finale.

Let’s start with Carter, who woke up after a brief scuffle with Jared only to discover that her ex-boyfriend had been killed… and that Lori was taking full responsibility for his death! But did she really do it, or was she merely covering for Ben, who went M.I.A. after being arrested for intent to sell a controlled substance? Carter didn’t know what to think — especially after Ben assured her that guys like Jared “always get what’s coming to them” in the end — and for most of the season’s final installment, neither did the audience.

In hindsight, I wish we could all travel back to that brief period of ignorance, because the truth — that Max killed Jared, and Lori covered for him — was a lot more than I was prepared to handle. It also turned out to be too much for Max to handle, as the season ended with Carter’s lion-maned bestie confessing to (accidental) murder at the police station, despite the urgings of Taylor and Lori. (Side note: Did you ever think you’d see those two sharing a friendly scene?!)

Elsewhere during the hectic two-hour finale…

* Crash returned to help Carter with her Jared drama, and he ended up dropping the L-bomb… on someone else. “I love her, Max,” Crash confessed. “I don’t know if I can be her friend.” (I know Jared’s body is still warm, but #CarCrash really needs to get back on the road.)

* With Gabe and Taylor by her side for support, Bird went ahead with the abortion.

* In the wake of Lori’s arrest, she lost custody of Ben, who was then awarded to the Wilsons. Of course, following Ben’s bloody encounter with that no-good Rick, there might not be much of him left for the Wilsons to bring home.

Your thoughts on the Finding Carter finale’s (arresting) developments? Grade the episode below, then drop a comment with your full review.

1. Justine says:

When does Finding Carter come back on?? Was tonight the mid-season finale or do we have to wait a year for it to come back?

2. Elyssa says:

When does finding carter come back on? I hope this wasn’t the final season. This was one of the best shows I’ve seen !

• Jenny says:

Ratings are not good, it has not been cancelled or renewed yet by MTV but to be honest it doesn’t look good for the show. To end on a cliffhanger when the show has a real shot to be cancelled is a slap to all the viewers face from the people running the show.

• johnhelvete says:

This^^^ And if the show is cancelled, there will be at least 10 comments on here blaming MTV for cancelling the show with a cliffhanger and not the writers.

3. Chester says:

This show has been driving me crazy. Became interested by the kidnap angle but now am continually frustrated by the irresponsible parenting. For a tough cop, Carter’s mother has no self confidence or Nasir mothering skills. All she does is pander which is always a disaster with teenagers

4. ? says:

What is this show even about anymore?

5. trololo says:

I stopped watching after Season 2 premiere, but I still read those. Looks like this show is the same idiotic trainwreck written by a drunk teenager.

6. Shanell says:

Bird didn’t end up getting the abortion that’s wrong. Gabe hints that she can’t drink after she gets off the phone with carter after her appointments bird says “I could use a drink” and gabe says something about not being able to drink and bird than says she wonders if Seth would have wanted this blah blah. She didn’t get the abortion.

• Britney says:

She had her abortion. You’re not supposed to drink after an abortion. You can tell by what Bird says about ‘going through with it’ that she had the abortion.

• Shanell says:

No she didn’t go through with it. Watch that part again, They leave you to assume she didn’t go through with it.

• Lisa says:

Byrd said “Taylor took care of the insurance while” she “was in recovery”. You don’t go to recovery after an ultrasound. I am highly suspicious she did :(

• amy says:

No she didnt. She said she was scared. But that she wondered if set would be happy w her choice. If mTV doesn’t pick this show back up I’m boycotting. Wtf teen mom OG….come on!!!!!

7. Jan says:

YIKES! I loved Season 1, but stopped watching a couple of episodes into Season 2. My favorite character was Max; glad I didn’t see him kill someone!

8. Jen says:

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show that’s all I gotta say they better renew it

9. Charissa29 says:

No one ever calls Carter on her scorchingly bad personal choices! Arghh! I am too old to watch this show, but then a twelve year old with barely the common sense of a feral animal is too adult to watch this show. On the plus side it is a good learning experience for the cast of young actors. Sigh. Kat prescott is wonderful though!

10. Maria says:

I loooooooove this show!! I never get into any tv series but for some reason I’m into this show!! I would be devastated if the cancelled it!!!

11. Michelle says:

I don’t EVER comment on things like this but I LOVE this show n have watched every season since it first started n would be so sad if this show got cancelled especially the way it ended. :'(

12. Kaitlyn says:

Seriously, wtf??? Renew the show. You can’t leave us with so many unanswered questions. Is Ben okay? Did bird have an abortion? Will crash and carter get back together? Is max gonna be okay? What will happen with max, Lori, etc…. No way it can just end like this.

• Jenny says:

This is why I am so mad, the show runner and writers knew the show had a real chance of being cancelled and they did the cliffhanger ending anyway instead of leading to a conclusion for us fans. So now if the show is not renewed by MTV the way it ended it what we are left with.

13. D Hawk says:

Wait bird for the abortion? I thought she changed her mind

14. Rob says:

This is this 1st show my wife and I ever sat down to watch together. We have seen every episode! We are soo looking forward to seeing what happens with Max (he is awesome)….what happens with Ben? (Left laying in the street)..what happens with Bird? Carter? Crash? (His family)..
    PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US SEASON 3!!!

15. savannah says:

finding carter is my favorite show but why did lori cover for max and killing jared I think next season it will all go down hill. if ben dies I will literally cry to many people have died:(

• savannah says:

I know max was defending carter but why did he do that and ben why did he go see rick that was a bad idea and he best not die:( why did bird get an abortion? I hope they do another season of this because this is the only show I really pay attention to

16. Krissy says:

I just love Finding Cater, it’s so full of intensity & it keeps you on the edge of your seat!! Best show ever to appear on MTV.

17. coco says:

I love this show. . Give us season three. What’s going to happen we want to know if Ben is dead or what ? I was so this is happening to max I love his Character he is the best !

18. alyssa says:

This show is by far my favorite show. I even got my boyfriend into it! Really hoping for a new season.. I mean it cant just end the way it did. We will be devastated if it isnt renewed.

19. Peace says:

Phew! Glad Max isn’t dead

20. Mikayla says:

Seriously why did you cancel season 3 I loved loved loved finding Carter please return it