Best Time Ever Cancelled

Best Time Ever Cancelled at NBC

Neil Patrick Harris‘ star-studded variety series has run out of Time at NBC.

The network has decided not to move forward with more episodes of the NPH-hosted Best Time Ever, according to our sister publication Variety. However, Harris will reportedly continue his relationship with NBC through his production company Harris’ Prediction Productions.

Best Time bowed in September to 6 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, repeatedly had its move to the Tuesday leadoff spot delayed, and concluded its eight-week run hovering around 5 mil and a 1.4.

Are you bummed by Best Time‘s cancellation? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Mike says:

When was the last time a variety show actually managed to thrive on network tv. Because i can’t think of any past 1980.

2. AngelWasHere says:

I’m not surprised. Last longer than I expected.

3. Love NPH, but the show was lousy. Absolutely manic. I’m not surprised it was cancelled.

4. Mak says:

Not shocked..show was terrible

5. Grace M says:

Nope. Never watched it. I’m not into “variety hour” shows. I wish NPH in his future endeavours.

6. Kim R says:

I so wanted to like this show. I really like NPH. It just didn’t work for me
    I am not surprised by the cancellation.

7. zac says:

I had a better time watching Undateable Live

8. Ray says:

Good riddance to trash. I caught a few minutes by accident one night of Reba McEntire badly covering a Taylor Swift song while NPH pranced around stage in cowboy gear “fighting” bad guys in some awful stage choreography with awfully timed sound effects. Only on NBC…

9. Reba42 says:

Didn’t NPH say he only wanted to do 1 season?

10. Blood22 says:

Works in the UK with Ant and Dec. Just felt forced on NBC. Sad for Ant and Dec more than anyone.

11. amadeline says:

I would so love a good variety show on TV. This was not it. More like worst time ever. It was so frantic. Not fun at all.

12. xyz says:

It was the Best of Times Ever it was the Worst of Times Ever.

13. KevyB says:

I know some people think it’s all cool and funny to snark, “I didn’t know this was even still on!” but I literally did not know this existed after the first episode. I NEVER saw a mention of it on here or other tv sites. I NEVER saw an ad for it on NBC after the first couple episodes. I just assumed it went away quietly, hoping we would never remember what a gawdawful mess it was.

14. MiaB says:

It really wasn’t that bad. To me, the biggest mistake was making this a fall show instead of a summer show. It probably would have worked better then.

15. Mike says:

This was the coolest variety show I had ever seen. I dont know why TV networks take such bad decisions.

16. Amanda says:

I thought this show was a lot of fun! I enjoyed it. Could’ve done without the celebrity guest hosts. I think they should still do it as a special a couple of times a year.

17. Lyn says:

I love NPH but couldn’t make it through even one episode.

18. Shar says:

The show tried to be all things to all people and ended up being too frantic and , sorry Neil, just dumb. I think he may have done better if they had stuck to a modernized version of the Carol Burnett show.

19. smartysenior says:

I wish it had been more of a variety show instead of cameras following civilians around awkwardly. Give NPH a forum for his talents and some back up professional performers and he can sail. The civilian stuff was totally cringe worthy.

20. John says:

It’s a shame, he’s a talented guy.

I know it’s popular (and all too easy) to trash NBC these days, but I’ve got to give them credit for trying something different…even though the show’s format is ancient.
    Like Leno’s prime time experiment, I was a concept worth trying.

21. Eli says:

I think the problem with the show was it wasn’t really a variety show but more of a prank show with a performance at the end. I was looking forward to this show but was extremely disappointed. I was expecting something along the lines of the Carol Burnett Show.

22. Ashton says:

I actually really liked this show, not just because of NPH but it just looked fun to be a part of. Sad to see this go.

23. Debbie says: