Adele NBC Special Ratings

Ratings: NBC's Adele Concert Hits High Notes, Top Music Special in 10 Years

NBC’s Adele: Live in New York City special on Monday night drew 11.3 million total viewers and a 3.0 demo rating (per finals), marking NBC’s most watched concert special since April 2003 (Cher: Farewell Tour) and the top-rated primetime music special in a decade (NBC’s Eagles Farewell Tour circa June 2005).

Adele also gave NBC its best Mondays-at-10 numbers since The Blacklist‘s Season 2 premiere and Blindspot‘s debut, respectively.

Mary Poppins Live starring Adele, anyone…?

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice did 14 mil and a 3.2, up markedly from its previous two performance finales (12.1 mil/2.8, 11.3 mil/2.6).

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | Supergirl (7.3 mil/1.5) and NCIS: Los Angeles (9.2 mil/1.4) were steady with their fall finales, while Scorpion (9.3 mil/1.8) inched up a tenth.

THE CW | Leading out of a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show encore (1.2 mil/0.4), Jane the Virgin headed into the holiday break with 1 mil and a 0.3, down a tenth from its most recent outing.

ABC | The Great Christmas Light Fight (4.4 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth, while The Great Holiday Baking Show (3.3 mil/0.9) was flat.

1. Eric7740 says:

The woman is just remarkable!!! She truly is a once in lifetime artist!!! Go ADELE!!!

2. wrstlgirl says:

Supergirl and Scorpion were both fantastic last night. I’m so glad I dvr’d Adele and watched it after because there were so many dang commercials it was ridic. It was like one song then 10 commercials, then one song….and so on. Great concert w/o the garbage.

• The Beach says:

Thank you. I was about to say the same thing. Five to eight minutes of commercials between every song was absurd. I’m so glad I put it on the dvr instead of trying to watch it live.

3. ninamags says:

The woman is amazing. Definitely have to catch her on tour. One hour was way to short though.

Goes to show what real talent does: stands in front of her adoring crowd and nary a firework or explosion or flying people or stairs in sight.

Love it!!!!

4. TJ says:

The more I see of Adele’s personality, the more I love her. Her music isn’t what I normally listen to but I would pay money to watch Adele sing the phone book. This concert will be saved on my DVR for a while.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Last night’s Supergirl was one of the best episodes I’ve ever seen and 100% popcorn TV. Can’t wait when the series returns January 4th.

6. thisismenow says:

Wow. It really is Adele’s world and we’re just blessed to be living in it. That woman just keeps making history.

7. Debbie Y. says:

Added bonus was the fabulous Amanda Brown from the Voice singing backup for Adele!

8. tvjunkie says:

I had no idea that special was on last night. There hasn’t been anything to watch on NBC for a few weeks so I guess I missed all the advertising, assuming the actually advertised it.

9. Jess says:

I would totally watch Mary Poppins starring Adele!

10. Et al. says:

Maybe NBC should become a network of all specials because they’re doing fantastically with them this month.

11. abz says:

Adele. This woman is so amazing from her voice to her personality.
    “All I Ask” is a musical masterpiece in my mind. The first time I heard it I completely broke down in tears from the heart-wrenching emotion of the song coupled with the beauty of her voice. I’ve listened to it dozens of times now and it never cease to make me cry or tear up no matter where I am. Thank you Adele and Bruno Mars for creating such a magnificent piece of music. I think its the best song on the album and hope it will become a single.
    Remedy, River Lea, Million Years Ago, and When We Were Young are also amazing pieces of music. I hope I get the chance to see her in concert one day.

• abz says:

I really wish she’d have a special showcasing just the songs from 25. There’s so many beautiful songs, but who knows, many people might only hear “Hello”.

12. donna janee says:

Adele was awesome…watched it twice….Love her!

13. John Bernard says:

Adele amazing. Supergirl sucked again.

• tvjunkie says:

you must be one of those people who needs their superheros to be the cliched mopey/dreary somewhat self-hating types. They’re fine but it’s gets boring when they’re all the same.

14. KayCeeCee says:

I would like Adele to do My Fair Lady. I think that she would be amazing and could do the conversion from flower girl to “princess”.