Diego Boneta Jane the Virgin

Jane the Virgin Taps Scream Queens' Diego Boneta for 'Surprising' Role

Has Jane the Virgin found herself a new love?

Scream Queens star Diego Boneta will guest-star on Season 2 of the CW series, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor will appear in an episode as Dax, a genius techie and hipster skateboarder who takes a look at Jane’s computer and ends up surprising her — in more ways than one.

Could Boneta be playing one of the guys who draws Jane back into the dating world post-Michael and Rafael, as executive producer Jennie Urman teased to TVLine?

Gina Rodriguez first broke the casting, posting the following Instagram:

When Diego Boneta comes to play on Jane the virgin. 😍🙌🏽

A post shared by Gina Rodriguez (@hereisgina) on

Boneta’s TV credits also include The CW’s 90210 and Pretty Little Liars.

1. Wordsmith says:

Here’s hoping it involves more of his uncanny Matthew McConaughey impression.

2. Mak says:

He better be back on Scream Queens next season…

• john036 says:

Doubtful

• Wordsmith says:

If there is a season 2 (which TVLine calls a safe bet), it’ll probably be a completely unrelated story line. As the intrepid reporter, his character seems the second most likely to get involved in a new mystery (after Niecy Nash’s eccentric cop). If everyone is playing new characters, a la AHS, then all bets are off, but his chances of a return are still pretty good.

• Wordsmith says:

Of course, (spoiler) he did get pretty brutally murdered in the finale, but I wouldn’t put it past them to come up with some ridiculous way of writing him back in. Ryan Murphy has never really been one to place character consistency or logic over the needs of the plot.

• Mak says:

I think season 1 plot was finalized with the finale..season 2 will be a whole new plot with diff characters but I’m hoping it’s with the same cast because I loved their dynamic & chemistry. I would not mind another season focused on the Chanels’, Dean Munch & Chad Radwell & Denise Hemphil of course…

• dude says:

A) I can’t imagine Scream Queens getting another season but if it does, they’ve already said they’re doing a new genre with new characters ala AHS. Next season is suppose to be a take on summer camp slasher movies from the 80s.

3. Josh says:

I’m all for Jane dating around. I’m also for a long arc where Jane has no man. In fact in order 1) I#TeamJane, 2) #TeamJane/Mateo and 3) #Jane/Petra.

• dude says:

I too am all for Jane being single for a while. I don’t think she necessarily needs to date around to sort out her feelings for Michael and Rafael and it’s been almost two seasons now and she legit hasn’t been single once. Her love life needs a break for a while.

4. JO says:

I Love Diego…. more of him!

5. Carmen says:

R the writers crazy they will never get a golden globe for best writers is this the guy she’s is going to marry a skateboarder really what are they looking for a play pal for Mateo. Last season she was with a man that really loves her loves is son good job can b a good provider I’m done not watching no more and know thay have Rafael with Petra really!!! The story line I love know is xo and Rogelio they need knew writers this guy looks like a high school crush no chemistry at all!!!! Last night suck!! How can she marry someone knew R they kidding me and Gina posted that so it must b true.. Season two👎