Criminal Minds Ratings

Ratings: Criminal Minds Rises, Arrow Slips, Nashville Dips to New Lows

CBS’ Criminal Minds this Wednesday drew 9.3 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating (per finals), rising 5 percent and three tenths to deliver best-since-premiere numbers.

Opening the Eye’s night, Survivor (9.9 mil/2.3) boasted its largest audience of the season and its best number since Sept. 30. Come 10 pm, Code Black (8.4 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth from last week’s season high.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

THE CW | Arrow (2.8 mil/1.0, average reader grade “B+”) fell 23 and 29 percent from last week’s crossover/season highs. Supernatural (1.9 mil/0.7, “A-“) slipped two tenths.

ABC | The Middle (8.1 mil/2.0) and The Goldbergs (7 mil/2.0) were steady in the demo, Modern Family (8.2 mil/2.6) rose two tenths and black-ish (6 mil/1.7) inched up one tenth. Nashville (4.1 mil/0.8) ticked down to new series lows.

FOX | Leading out of an Empire rerun (3.4 mil/1.0), Taraji and Terence’s holiday special did 5.1 mil and a 1.5.

NBC | The Mat Franco special did 4.3 mil/1.0, The Illusionists 3.5 mil/0.9.

1. Sarah says:

I am not shocked about Nashville. This season has been one miserable episode after another. I just hope they will write a satisfying series finale for the fans.

• drhenning says:

I agree.. I’ll continue to watch because they do have some good music but the soap opera antics are getting too much even for me.. Not having Julia around has been a big problem I think so they are trying to fill the hole..

• wrstlgirl says:

Agree, nobody’s happy it’s all doom and gloom. Although I will say that I love those three guys and the baby, very funny.

• Julia says:

Definitely the best part of the show right now! Just finished a binge of Nashville to catch up and good lord is it brutal this year compared to previous seasons. I don’t know how this happened, but Avery is my new favorite on the show.

• Ram510 says:

I thought this season started out excellent, but once Juliet went to rehab the story got pretty stagnant and boring

• Tess says:

I’ll watch again once Maddie disappears or gets run over by a bus.

2. Boiler says:

I personally really enjoy Nashville but I would guess people are getting tired of all the angst/anger shown in the show. It is interesting that viewership has remained relatively constant but demo drops. Guessing an inexact science in place here.

3. LADY_in_MD says:

Last nights modern family was so funny! The way they incorporated the shining and Haley and Andy finally!

• dan says:

This season of MF has been consistently much better than the past two seasons. Last night’s episode was clever, original and funny. I loved how Andrea Martin’s character just became part of the group so effortlessly. I wish somebody had mentioned Lily getting braces because it was pretty obvious.

• Me says:

Loved Modern Family last night! Am I wrong or was Chuck Finley (the made up CEO) the same alias that Bruce Campbell used on burn notice all the time? It’s been driving me nuts all day.

• LADY_in_MD says:

I never watched burn notice but I did feel like I had heard that name before
          Andrea Martin was such an added pleasure she is always so funny and her and Alex singing was really lovely to hear
          This season has been really good too bad they got shut out of the globes

• souf says:

maybe the young actress is pretty self conscious about them and they didn’t want to draw attention to it. But I get what you are saying….

4. Coal says:

In this new world order of how we consume our viewing material probably anything north of a 1.5 rating is probably regarded as a victory.

5. iakovos says:

NASHVILLE has been up and down from its first season. The frenemy relationship between Rayna and Juliette has never been as strong as it should be. They are never together anymore. And there have been too many sideline characters that are never around long enough to invest or show any depth. And it seems some characters do not stick to their own stories (eg Gunnar’s son/nephew). I do enjoy the characters of Gunnar, Scarlett, Avery, and Will and am eager to see what happens when the second half of the season comes around in March. (Special note how we love Scarlett’s makeover!) The music on this show is so well done!

6. Eric7740 says:

I, for one, enjoyed the Arrow mid-season finale, and have enjoyed this whole season, so far. I think Arrow is having a great season! I can’t wait for January 20th!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

Same here!!

• Sil says:

I have thoroughly enjoyed Arrow this season. The fall finale was exceptional. Way to go Arrow. I don’t watch much TV, but, there are a few shows that have captured my attention from their start. Those mentioned as cancellation prone can be for all I’d care. I never became a follower of those.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Wow what the heck Arrow!! I loved LOVED the vote last night on Survivor, ’bout time. Sheesh, LOL!!! It’s gonna be interesting to see who wins this season, it’s been a wild one.

8. GraceM says:

I’m guessing the reason Arrie did so well last week, was because of of The Flash crossover and because there weren’t any flashbacks….

I skip over this season’s flashbacks….

9. Coach Taylor says:

I would be stunned if Nashville is renewed, hope they can give it the ending it deserves
    For Survivor just a fantastic season, and so many deserving players left. Jeremy, Wentworth, Spencer and even Keith for his challenge ability. Will be interesting to see what happens in the finale especially with the preview of Jeff saying “for the first time in 31 seasons…” could it be a final four? Both Jeremy and Wentworth play Idols at same time? A tie in the final vote? Cant wait

• wrstlgirl says:

I thinking two idols will cancel all votes. Just a guess.

• wrstlgirl says:

But I should add that didn’t Wentworth use her idol on Fish. Does she have another one?

• Coach Taylor says:

Jeremy used one of his two on Fish, so has 1 more….Wentworth saved herself and then found the other one with the clue from the Folklore challenge

• wrstlgirl says:

Awww okay, thanks for the refresher. I kinda lost track of those idols. They don’t seem to talk about them much this season like they have in season’s past. It’s nice that players have finally figured out that when you find an idol tell no one!!! I always yell at the TV when they blab that they have one. It’s gets them voted out every time, LOL!!

• NJMark says:

Scrolling down the page, my eyes caught the names Wentworth and Fish, and thought this was about “Barney Miller”!

• dan says:

The idols can’t be used in the last couple tribal councils. Usually the hidden immunity idol can’t be used once they’re down to five people. If there is a final three than that means there are 10 people on the jury (assuming I counted the people correctly). Based on Jeff’s “this has never happened before” preview, I’m guessing there is a tie in the final vote (either 5-5-0 or 4-4-2). I don’t know if the person with the fewest votes gets to cast the deciding vote (in which case that person knows who the winner is) or if that person goes to the jury and they all revote. Also, with six people still left going into the finale there are going to be more tribal councils or we’re going to have a final four.

• Gerald says:

I don’t know that voting out Abi was the way to go for Spenser. He’d have a clear sail to the finish with her. But I appreciate them wanting to keep players in the game.
      Looking forward to next week.
      Arrow finale was great. Too bad it lost some viewers from last week.

10. Ames says:

I wish better for Nashville, but I’m not surprised. It’s been awful this year. I cannot believe how much time they are spending on Maddie, who may be one of the most insufferable and least likable characters on television for quite some time.

11. Ms thang says:

I stopped watching Arrow because of the ridiculous Olicity. Watched the crossover last week only to find out that half of the hour was wasted on more propping up of olicity. Thus, didn’t bother to come back this week.

12. Re: Nashville….I can’t be the only one that wants to punch Luke every time he says “The Brand”.

13. Longmire4ever says:

I love Nashville except this season has just been depressing. The three men and a baby have been the only high light. Scarlett’s make over is amazing. Juliette is desperately missed but I hope Hayden is getting well.

Arrow has improved over season 3 which was a disaster. The core cast Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity are the heart of the show. As long as they remain a part of the show I will continue to watch it. Olicity is a small part of each episode I wish viewers would quit harping about it. The episodes are like so well done like mini movies that I just appreciate watching the show every week.

• elena says:

Olicity is so good, the only people who is complaining about that are the persons who only want action in the episodes. For me one of the worst things this season is the LOT plot. And i agree with you Oliver, Diggle & Felicity are the best

• Shelley says:

I’m a Longmire fan also. Love love that show, my favorite show. I never cared for Nashville. I love Arrow. I love it more than The Flash, which I like. I so agree with you about Arrow’s season 3. This season for Arrow is so well done. The flashbacks have always shown the reasons for Oliver’s transition into becoming a human weapon. This season will get better, showing a more in depth look at why Oliver is the way he was in season 1 when he returned.

14. herman1959 says:

These ratings are further proof that the crossovers help Arrow more than The Flash.

• John NYC says:

Maybe people expect the addition of Flash makes Arrow lighter, a plus, while adding Arrow to Flash just adds darkness that’s not appreciated.

Though I find the Arrow characters behave lighter on Flash, perhaps reflecting the writers?

• elena says:

Arrow always has a good ratings btw 0.9- 1.1 and it’s the four season, The Flash is season 2 and has a drop too after the crossover, i don’t see the problem? for you 1.o and 2.82M are bad ratings?

• herman1959 says:

No, “not as good as” is not the same as “bad”. After the crossover, Arrow’s ratings fell farther than The Flash’s, that’s what I’m saying…no problem. I like both.

15. Kelly says:

Hope that is enough viewers for Code Black to get renewed!

16. That sucks about Arrow!

• elena says:

really? 1.0 and 2.82M are bad ratings for Arrow, Obviously the crossover has better ratings but even The Flash drop this week

• elena says:

really? 1.0 and 2.82M are bad ratings for Arrow? Obviously the crossover has better ratings but even The Flash drop this week

17. jj says:

Arrow has sucked since somewhere in Season 2. Just waiting for it to be off air.

18. TootyFrooty says:

Something about Arrow last week really turned new viewers off. I wonder what it was…