Year in Review

TVLine's 10 Worst Shows of 2015

You’re the worst.

Oh, no, we’re not talking about FX’s delightfully brash Chris Geere-Aya Cash comedy — we’re hurling an insult at the 10 series that have the dubious distinction of making TVLine’s countdown of the 10 Worst Shows of 2015.

Before we dive in, allow us to point out that no Kardashians were harmed in the making of this list.

Team TVLine decided not to zero in on the Keeping Up Withs and Real Housewives of the world, but rather, at shows and networks who should’ve (or at least could’ve) tried harder, aimed higher and dug deeper — but instead merely dug their own creative graves.

Check out the gallery below for our “Shame! Shame! Shame!” lineup — or click here for direct access — then tell us which shows made your list.

1. Steven says:

I agree on many of these, but I think don’t think Blood & Oil deserves to be on this list. it isn’t perfect, but it’d just a good old meat and potatoes soap.

2. Tea says:

The upside down face one in Messengers… was that actually in the show…?

3. Jamie says:

How is Scream Queens not on the list?

• Miranda says:

It was purposely created to be so incredibly out there. It was touching on all the tropes of TV. Like a mix of Heathers and Scream – and not the horrendous TV show, which I’m more surprised by not being on here.

• NM says:

Miranda, the acting may be flawed – incredibly flawed even. But Scream is a (somewhat) successful show with a standard amount of writing and storyline telling. He’ll, it’s even getting a season two. The finale itself was great. The show was predictable at times, but most shows are now in this era.

• Jamie says:

Both of these shows are terrible and its heartbreaking that this POS is the last thing Wes Cravens name is on.

• James says:

I agree. It was not as great as the movies, but it was entertaining. And the ending paved the way for a really good looking Season 2.

• Annie says:

I agree that it was intended to be like Scream and Heathers….but it failed so spectacularly at that goal. It was a mess that couldn’t find the tone it was clearly trying to be. It deserves to be on a failure list for that.

• NM says:

I think because they’re only covering cancelled or at least potentially cancelled shows. Scream Queens made it through it’s whole first season and is an anthology.
      Also, Scream Queens was hilarious. It was the finale that was the let down.

• JR says:

Because TVLine (and most of the other entertainment sites..E!, THR, EW) are afraid to post a negative review of a Ryan Murphy show…he’s known to be vindictive and will retaliate by blocking access to his shows/stars.

• Mike M says:

This is exactly what is so wrong with today’s media as a whole. They should say fine and not review his shows, nor comment on them, not mention his cast, nor interview any of them. Cast them off into the wilderness to cry in their ice creams… but no, sadly just no courage in journalism today.

4. Miranda says:

I don’t know why everyone seems to hate Truth Be Told. I like it.

5. Sara says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA I didn’t hear about Agent X before & had a good laugh readingabout it. Who thought that was a good idea?

Under the Dome execs were greedy & deserve all the negative press. When it started, I thought the episodes were just ok but I kept watching since it was only a miniseries & thought we would have a good conclusion….stopped watching the very next episode after they announced the renewal

• sanchopanza says:

I don’t know why Sharon Stone would have cost so much to star in Agent X. All she’s done in the last 15 years or so is do some guest arcs on TV shows and movies you’ve never heard of. She probably needed the job more than the producers needed her.

6. Murica! says:

Apart from the season finale, I thought the second season of True Detective was fantastic! That shoot-out scene was amazing!!!

Truth be told isn’t that bad. All they have to do is kill Vanessa Lachey. She’s absolutely horrible!

I actually like Agent X. It’s a lot of fun.

7. bshaid says:

Some I saw, some I avoided. I am sure there are other worthy of honorable mention…

8. Melody says:

When Stephen King stopped tweeting about Under the Dome, the writing was on the wall. First season had an interesting premise but it just got more and more ridiculous. I actually felt bad for the actors

• NM says:

I haven’t even seen the third season yet but I want to. Does it even wrap anything up or does it just dwindle around?

• Joe says:

I watched it and I can’t even tell if it wrapped it all up. I guess the Dome part is over but they started up new stuff in the last 5 minutes.

9. KayCeeCee says:

I watch “Agent X”. It’s like “the Player”, both fun action shows with great casts, but need better writers and directors.

• blush says:

I’m with you – – I’m a fan of Agent X and The Player. The rest on the list I agree with.

• Mike M says:

With you both – no way in hell is it one of the top ten worst shows of the entire year. Not sure what the staff at TVL are smoking but it must be strong.

10. william says:

i agree with all of your selections except true detective. season 2 was great and much better than season 1. sometimes i don’t believe you critics even watched this show. it had a great cast and great acting with a decent story line with a finale that was terrific.

11. Rosemary says:

Who decides what is the best & worst?

• Annie says:

Well the tvline staff. It’s an editorial piece by people who, if you’ve been a long time reader, have a good sense of judgement about tv.

12. Terry says:

I know I am in the minority, and I have watched every episode since it’s premiere, but I can’t believe how bad How To Get Away With Murder is each week. The acting is great, but the story lines are so unbelievable each week. How can anyone watch this show and wonder why they aren’t all in jail already. Having said all of this, I will still watch it every week. It’s like a train wreck, you have to look, even if you don’t want to.

• Mak says:

Yes you are in the minority…HTGAWM was #10 Tvline’s Best TV shows of 2015…it’s one of the best network dramas no doubt

• fiberlicious says:

I totally agree. I tried to watch it – REALLY tried. After all, I love the rest of the Shondaland offerings, right?
      I didn’t even make it through the second ep. The plot (?) was unbelievably convoluted, and Viola Davis’ acting was so over the top as to be (almost) comical.

• D Harris says:

Sorry you think so.. I don’t watch How to get away with murder.. but it seems strange that Viola Davis made history this year when she won an Emmy for the show.. 1st Black Lead Actor/Woman to win .. I’m happy about that. .

• Anna says:

The unbelievability of HTGAWM is part of its awesomeness. It’s the only show that has me consistently on the edge of my seat bc it just gets more insane every minute. It wouldn’t be anywhere near as fun if it felt like a realistic story that your everyday lawyers live through.

13. wrstlgirl says:

I’d say it’s about 50/50 with True Detective. Many liked it, many didn’t. I enjoyed it and don’t think it deserved the bad reviews it got. I’ve seen way worse. Surprised Minority Report isn’t on here.

14. Ed says:

Wayward Pines should be number 1 on this list. I bailed after 4 or 5 episodes, but from what I saw, the writing was awful, the logic made no sense or was just stupid, and the acting came off like the actors were phoning it in. And after a friend of mine told me how it ended, I was so glad I stopped watching.

15. Mary S says:

I am glad to say that I have never watched nine of the shows listed – but I LOVE AGENT X!!! I admit, I do tend to like fantasies – The Librarians, Warehouse 13, Arrow, Flash, SHIELD, Daredevil…and even though this is not really from a comic book (is it?) I love this show! It’s like having oo7 working for US! I like the actors – great cast! – and I like his ability to get the job done. Of course, I also liked The Player, which has already been canceled…and FOREVER, which was cancelled after only one season…I do not understand the popularity of the stupid and demeaning Bachelor franchise, or Survivor. They make no sense to me. The only reality shows I enjoy are competitions wherein individuals use their own skills and talent WITHOUT sabotage and backbiting.
    Agent X is a combination of National Treasure and James Bond. I like it and do not believe it belongs on this list!! I could probably come up with a list of my own, but I don’t watch badly written or acted shows, and, as I said, I do not watch shows that glorify hatred and sabotage.

• prish says:

Wow, we loved The Player, also. I’d better catch AX on demand while it’s available.

• imagecrafters says:

We like AX and loved the Player as well. Both shows highly entertaining!

• prish says:

Hey, I checked out Agent X, and it’s fun. The actors/visuals are great, and the dialogue is entertaining enough to organize and clean the house, while it’s playing. Thank you, TNT, that’s entertainment and worth a cable bill. And thanks to the fans who posted their experiences with the show.

• Mike M says:

I guess you just have to like that kind of show. I do too and it seems a lot of people have commented in a lot of places that they really really liked The Player. It sure makes you wonder just how messed up the ratings system really is. And for those that did like the Player, Agent X is actually even better. Thankfully TVL don’t control my remote lol.

16. fiberlicious says:

Apparently, I have extraordinarily good taste – I’ve never seen any of them.

17. hello says:

true Detective season 1 was so awesome, never seen a series fall in quality that hard into season 2. I hope they don’t do a season 3

18. prish says:

Hey, maybe I’ll check out Agent X. It sounds like a hoot with eye candy. Now, to see if the dialogue is fun.

19. Mr. Tran K says:

Are we considering The Price is Right (CBS) to be in Top 10 worst TV shows of the year? Drew Carey and the entire crew are nothing but a bunch of “brain dead zombies” and I really hope that next season if it gets renewed or goes beyond how many more years will end.

20. Alex Jones says:

what’s the messengers doing on here, that show was great!

21. Will says:

How is Agent X worse than the Bachelor? Agent X is a decent show and IMO shouldn’t be on this list. I also liked Truth Be Told. Don’t think it deserves #2.

22. A fan of TV says:

Of everything on this list, I gave One Big Happy a one-episode trial; it failed. I did the same for Under the Dome three years ago, and it failed. Nothing else interested me in the slightest, so I’m just glad it appears I wasn’t missing much!

23. matty says:

How could you leave off Scream Queens?

24. thisismenow says:

Well, I’m sure I am the only one who enjoyed One Big Happy and Truth Be Told.

25. Tony says:

its always fun to read other people’s opinions. Ultimately you enjoy and watch what you want and not let others opinions (no matter if they judge TV for a living or not) get you worked up

26. Shib says:

Where is Empire and Modern Family ??? Horrible

27. vp says:

Well U don;t care what you say, I love Agent X. Hope it get’s renewed.

28. Diane says:

I agree with most of the shows but I loved The Messengers and Under The Dome. Blood & Oil was pretty good also. The Messengers was getting better with each episode and they decided to cancel after only a couple of shows. Sometimes it doesn’t seem like the networks give some shows a decent chance and others just drag on and on.

29. Sarah O says:

I disagree with putting Agent X on this list–it’s a fun adventure series, and a good match with The Librarians. There are many shows on that have worse writing and acting than this throwback to shows like It Takes a Thief, etc. Agent X is a family friendly action adventure show with solid actors. I do think the writing could be better, but at least it’s intentionally preposterous and fun.

Shocked that CSI:Cyber isn’t on the list (although with it’s many cliches and memes, Cyber has become our favorite drinking game show, so I now don’t want it to go) or Minority Report or The Player–those shows are unintentionally ridiculous.

30. Luvprue1 says:

All the shows on the list deserve to be there with the exception of Under the dome. The first and second season of Under the dome were great. I was shock to see True detectives on the list. It got such great reviews. So what happened?

I couldn’t sit through any of thoses shows besides “under the dome”. I haven’t watch True detectives yet,but I was planning on watching it on Netflix. I think one big happy wasn’t that bad. It was kinda silly at times but it was ok.

31. viola says:

Happyish is one of the best show i’ve ever seen, SHAME SHAME SHAME on Showtime to cancel it but mostly shame on you to put it in this list, even if you don’t like it there are a million show who truly sucked, i mean come on people…ridiculous

32. Jeannette says:

I enjoy watching Agent x and hope it’s picked up for another season.

33. luigi says:

e la noia mortale dell’ultima stagione di GoT dove la mettete?

34. Neva Rhoden says:

Blood & Oil does not deserve to be on this list.

35. Me says:

Sorry to say, but Castle is on my personal worst list this year. Actually, I don’t know what’s worse – the series itself (with the stupid separation storyline, the destruction of the characters, the unbearable mysoginy, the actors not professional enough not to show their BTS problems on screen) or the inept interviews the new showrunners keep giving….

36. Byling Lucas says:

The messenger was so good plz bring it back I need to no what’s gonna happen after episode 13 u can’t just leave it like that .plz bring it back