Chicago Fire - Ratings

Ratings: Chicago Fire Ties Season High, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Sags

NBC’s Chicago Fire this Tuesday drew 9.1 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating (per finals), ticking up 6 percent and a tenth to hit and tie season highs.

In fact, the fast nationals have Fire delivering its largest audience since March 3.

Opening NBC’s night, The Voice (13.1 mil/2.8) was up two tenths, Chicago Med (9.6 mil/2.1) ticked up one tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings:

CBS | The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (6.6 mil/2.3) plunged 30 percent vs. last year.

THE CW | The Flash (3.6 mil/1.3) and iZombie (1.4 mil/0.5) each dipped one tenth.

ABC | The Muppets (3.8 mil/1.1) and Agents of SHIELD (3.9 mil/1.3) were flat, while Fresh Off the Boat (3.9 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth.

FOX | Scream Queens‘ double-episode finale averaged 2.5 mil/0.9 (versus last week’s 2.4 mil/0.9).

1. Dave says:

I can’t wait for the ratings to come out on January 6th for the 5th. It is going to be blissful to see both Chicago crap shows plunge without the support of The Voice. Then people will really see that neither of these shows (PD too) are anything to talk about it, ratings wise.

2. My favorite shows; Chicago Fire and Chicago Med are doing great. So happy!!

3. Cyndi says:

Articles were foreshadowing the Barry/Patty demise and everywhere I saw the WestAllen still and so much hype about Wally West. From Iris fans’ behavior, you’d think this episode would get record high ratings. What happened instead? Series lows.

I’m not blaming WestAllen but their fans would have gloated if the ratings increased.

With that said, I think it will bounce back next week. I blame the slip on the crossover and viewers not realizing that there’d be a new episode this week.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Great episode of Chicago Fire. This show is so much better when it doesn’t concentrate so much on romance drama. Can’t wait for the 3-way crossover in January, it’s gonna be great!!!! Had to dvr Chicago Med but I’m sure it was great too :-)

5. Bwhit says:

So happy for Fire and Med. I also loved that even though PD is on hiatus, we still got to see several of the characters. The crossover should be a great two night event.

6. kmw says:

Well at least NBC had a good night. FOX will manage to spin Scream Queens numbers to justify a renewal( just last year at this time the head of FOX wished for people to watch television live and now they don’t care about live viewers) Too bad for everyone else numbers

• JR says:

I don’t see how FOX can spin Scream Queens numbers. Last night’s season final comped against regular season New Girl/Mindy Project and it had a million fewer viewers and only 60% of the A18-49 rating. And Fox cancelled The Mindy Project because of low ratings.

7. lacey says:

Dear Vs,

Stop putting reality stars who have not worked their butt off. You guys are losing your credibility. Put hard working models up there.

• Patrick says:

VS will always depend on the musical acts, and last year was Taylor Swift, and this year it was lesser acts. That hurts. Also, following repeats of shows doesn’t help. I feel like the VS show is one that gets dvr’d and played back later.

8. Boiler says:

Boggles the mind that even 6.5 million people watch Victoria’s secret. And a 2.3 demo. Must have been all the fraternity houses in the U.S. C’mon people, except for maybe Fox there were some quality shows on last night.

9. Coal says:

The Chicago shows seem to be doing well, good for them. I’m hurt and disappointed to Agents of SHIELD and iZombie doing so poorly in the ratings they are both telling a exceptional story with a terrific cast.

10. Mike says:

So sad VS. That’s what happens when you have Kardashian clan in the mix.

11. iceblast says:

VS had Taylor Swift the last couple of years, along with some other good artists, all singing good songs. This year, they went with lesser talent, and songs. I personally don’t watch the VS for the angels, don’t get me wrong, they are nice, but it’s like, if you seen one VS Angel, you pretty much seen them all.

I rewatch the VS shows with Taylor Swift all the time.

1. I’m a Swiftie.

2. All the music is good.

So, you get a live performance of good music, while watching hot VS Angels walk. Who wants to watch, when the music isn’t that good, and pretty forgettable. As I said before, the VS Angels, become same old same old, after awhile. You just lose interest. But good music, and performers help keep you entertained.