Exclusive

Arrow Fall Finale Sneak Peek: Felicity Gets 'Rocked' by Oliver's Soufflé

Sometimes, it takes an outsider’s perspective to help you realize your boyfriend was going to pop the question via dessert.

In TVLine’s exclusive video from tonight’s Arrow fall finale (The CW, 8/7c), Felicity has an “Aha!” moment about Oliver’s botched proposal plan after meeting Curtis’ hunky husband.

But even before that “the ring was in the soufflé!” realization, Ms. Smoak is already mistakenly dubbing herself and Oliver as “practically engaged.”

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Felicity’s blunder — and her epiphany.

1. Jason. P says:

This show was so much better before “olicity” took it over. Ever the marketing was better, at the least fairer to other characters

2. Drew says:

So, Oliver only ever made the one dessert then? And it was that memorable?
    Okay, so Curtis Holt isn’t the traditional Mr. Terrific, but assuming that Michael Holt isn’t going to be on the show for some reason (they only mentioned one brother and he was dead, right?), if they go with a somewhat traditional setup for him to become Mr. Terrific, his husband is probably not long for this world.

• Liz says:

Oh, I really hope they buck that trend of ‘becomes a hero to honor someone who died.’ It’s a tired trope on this show.

• kath says:

Felicity noticed that Oliver was acting weird about the souffle even back then.

In the comics, Mr. Terrific’s spouse dies to give him a reason to become a vigilante. Curtis already has one, he wants to make the world a better place.

• Drew says:

Doesn’t everyone want to make the world a better place? If that was all he wanted, he could become a cop, join the military or run for office…
        Yes, that last one was a joke.
        Superheroes are usually pushed to their breaking point somehow, where they have no choice but to act. For some, it’s merely realizing that they have the power where other’s done. For most, it’s a big life-altering event.

• kath says:

Both Diggle and Felicity signed on without being pushed to their breaking point (or Cisco on The Flash) so sometimes it’s just a matter of knowing a place where you can be extraordinary.

• Drew says:

Diggle has been fighting largely because of what happened to his brother (chasing Deadshot was a big arc for him. Cisco felt partly responsible for the outbreak of metahumans (and what happened to Ronnie). And Felicity actually fought joining the team for a long time. Still, she isn’t really the same sort of superhero that we’re talking about here. When she’s written best, she is the tech support for the team, not in a costume fighting bad guys.

• kath says:

Diggle was working security, not fighting bad guys when Oliver invited him to join him. Oliver gave him the opportunity to go after Deadshot but Diggle was doing nothing about him before Oliver.

Felicity signed on to find Walter and ended up staying when she learned about the Undertaking and that she could help. So I don’t really see a difference — they were both doing boring work beneath their abilities when Oliver invited them to join his crusade.
            =
            The masks&costumes vs non-masks makes no sense to me. (But they might to William.) It’s what you do that matters, including letting Slade take you hostage to trick him. When Oliver left for his summer roadtrip, the fighters were doing fine without him, it was Felicity’s skills that they couldn’t do without. They only called on Oliver when Damian Darhk arrived but they needed Felicity long before then.

• Drew says:

Yes, Diggle wasn’t doing much about Andy’s death before Oliver showed him a way. But that doesn’t change his motivation. Diggle suffered a great loss and was motivated not only by that one loss, but by the very real possibility that Andy’s family would be killed in the Undertaking. It doesn’t matter who provided him the opportunity. What matters is what he did and why.
            Leslie Thompkins, Lucious Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon… all of these people are great allies to Batman and heroes themselves in many ways, but they are not the same as a superhero. It’s a completely different role that they fill. This isn’t about whose job is more important or who puts their lives on the line the most often. Granted, Felicity has the magical ability to control construction equipment from her computer, and design gun magnets that defy the laws of… pretty much everything. But she is not a superhero. Just like at this point, even with his powers, Cisco isn’t a superhero. Neither is Joe West, or Iris, or Captain Lance.

• kath says:

I agree that for many of the characters in the superhero universe, there has to be some tragic even to propel them to their costumes. But does that mean that someone who becomes a vigilante after losing a loved one is more worthy than someone who does it because it’s the right thing to do? I’d argue that the person who decides on his/her own to save the city is a better superhero than the one who has to be pushed into it by a tragedy.

“This isn’t about whose job is more important or who puts their lives on the line the most often.”
            Aren’t you arguing just that though? That Alfred or Lucius Fox or Felicity aren’t real superheros because they don’t put their lives on the line? (Although Felicity seems to a lot and she saved a lot of people by taking out the drone in this episode.) Quentin Lance has been putting his life on the line to save people for more than twenty years while Laurel has been doing it for less than a year. Is she a superhero and he isn’t because she wears a mask and a costume?

• Sharon says:

You could say cisco was kind of pushed his brother constantly belittling him and making fun of him making him feel worthless not the traditional push but a push fusty the same

• Drew says:

Kath, you’re muddying the waters too much. What makes Oliver a superhero and someone who decides to join the military not a superhero? What about someone who donates bone marrow to save a stranger? What about someone who travels to a third world country to bring Bibles that could get them all killed? Yes, there are heroes all around us, even in the real world.
            If you want to get technical about it, there is no such thing as a superhero. So to define them would mean exactly: those who put on a costume and stop criminals within the world of a comic book. Someone who is on the streets every day, fighting evil behind a poorly conceived disguise. If Team Arrow were making a TV show, Felicity wouldn’t be a cast member, she would be the crew. Important, but with none of the glory.

• kath says:

“Someone who is on the streets every day, fighting evil behind a poorly conceived disguise.” So you’re saying that someone who fights evil every day without a disguise isn’t? And that when Diggle put on his new suit and his Magneto helmet, he moved from “hero” to “superhero”.
            We’re going to have to agree to disagree.

3. Anna says:

Lol. I love Felicity. She figured it out. I really wish she got a chance to eat the desert to find the ring. I love Curtis husband. And I love that Diggle hired so many bodyguards. I just wish they were able to protect them. I love olicity can’t wait for tonight.

• Smoak Arrow says:

Diggle supplying the security detail is a great… well… detail. LOL. I love that they tie in his military background and the people he’d know for moments like these. So excited for Oliver/Felicity tonight, too!

4. Joey Padron says:

Good clip from new episode. Can’t wait to watch the episode tonight!

5. Gale says:

Hah! The look on Felicity’s face after saying “practically engaged” is priceless. 8 p.m. is too far away.

6. wrstlgirl says:

While I don’t do the whole shipping thing I like that they’ve put these two together. I like seeing the personal side to the characters rather than just the rough and tough stuff :-)

7. LTaveira says:

hehe love Oliver and Felicity relationship.

8. Smoak Arrow says:

Whoa! I wonder what tipped Felicity Smoak off into thinking Oliver Queen was going to propose because clearly she knows something is up. Love them together. I love when you have two great characters who get even better by being in a relationship together. So excited for tonight’s Arrow. It looks like this is going to be a lot of fun. Thanks TVline!

9. Kensi says:

Lol! Loved this scene, Felicity hasn’t had an awkward ramble last that long in a while. Looking forward to this episode! This clip also explained why Laurel wasn’t there to be captured by Dhark along with the rest of Team Arrow.

10. Kevin says:

#olicity is awesome and Bamford should of got nominated for the awesome stunts on this show!

11. Liz says:

I love Oliver and Felicity together. I really love how Oliver is with Felicity and seeing this different side to him. It’s so nice to see how far he’s grown since the Pilot. I hope that last week’s contrived lie won’t come between them. Can’t wait for the episode though. I know Felicity will be seriously hurt by the end and

12. totoast says:

oh gosh, how I missed Felicity rambling!
    I can’t wait till tonight for the episode to show – from what we’ve seen so far it’s gonna be amazing!

13. pem says:

I love Oliver and Felicity. I think their relationship has been handled very well “so far” this season. Olicity is used for marketing because it Sells. If the show didnt have data to back up their marketing strategy, they would not USE Olicity as a marketing strategy. Totally looking forward to the mid-season finale.

14. Derrick says:

Those two are adorable. Love Felicity! I love when she has her awkward moments. She belongs with Oliver and damn I can’t believe I ship fictional characters well I sure the hell don’t ‘ship’ real people. The important people get taken. Oliver Queen can never get a break. Makes being a hero the worst thing ever. I suppose being a villain would be better. LOL

15. Arrowfan says:

Awww, Felicity called her and Oliver practically engaged! And she figured out what he was doing with the souffle! So swee! Olicity is the just the best! So excited for sweet Olicity moments tonight! And for them to overcome any hardships that come their way!

16. K says:

I know it’s an action show, I know they like to rip things away from us because Oliver can’t be happy, but man, are EBR and SA wonderful together. I would completely watch an AU/Earth2/Earthwhatever rom com where she babbles and he just stands there looking confused.

17. french5851 says:

I love the Oliver and Felicity banter… this show is just getting better and better!!!

18. Athena says:

So adorable! Emily perfectly nailed that beat where Felicity realizes what the souffles meant. (Also, I’d love to know what exact Oliver was saying as Felicity was babbling) Can’t wait to see how the rest of the ep plays out and what happens to Oliver and Felicity. Just 5 more excruciating hours of wait to go!

19. brenna says:

I love Arrow for many reasons, including the great stunts/action. And I always thought that Oliver and Felicity would be one of the rare tv couples that were just as much fun if they were together, and they haven’t disappointed. Can’t wait for tonight’s mid season finale. The trailer looks awesome!

20. A says:

Oh my god, I loved this! Cant wait for the episode……except I can, because its gonna hurt lol

21. kath says:

So cute.
    But Oliver’s lie about the kid is ruining it for me.

• amb1973 says:

I agree. It’s not sweet that he’s asking her to be his wife, but not telling her the kid she’d be stepmother to exists, and in fact lying to her face about it. And she’s obviously going to dump him when she finds out, so this is meaningless.

22. speedy says:

LOVED this sneak peek. Emily does such a great job with rambling, awkward Felicity. And finally, Curtis is back. Also, I adore Diggle being the head of Oliver’s security detail.

23. Shunda1177 says:

Love it! I really like Curtis, too. One of my favorite scenes is when Curtis first meets Oliver — “I’m married, he’s straight, I’m married, he’s straight, I’m married, he’s straight”

24. Luveyly says:

I love Oliver and Felicity, I can see how much they love each other and they are soul mates. My son and I have fun watching this show.

25. Pat says:

I am excited for tonight, but I am also worried after seeing the promo last week. It did not look to good for Felicity, in fact it looks like she might die. Oh, please tell me I am so wrong about this.

26. Mary says:

Why does the girlfriend of the hero always have to die?? Very disappointing if that is Felicity’s fate. Love their relationship.

27. datdudemurphy says:

Best ending….EVER

28. cokit says:

Arrow Fall Finale, what that??????? Why is Felicity 6 feet down?I really thought it was Tia, for I still try to figure out her place in the show. When the show strted to get better with Oliver/Felicity the writers kill her. Oliver was just coming to term with his fear of not getting amoureusement involved so he would not put the person he loves in danger and this? Even if it is not the same kind of love will The rest of them going to die too? For, if that is the play; other writers are needed. For they are minimizing any hero’s abilities. Tia and sara came back by being in some kind of fiction liquid now Felicity is dead? Again what is that? Ironman was never that popular until Robert Downey Jr made it so with his cool charecter and his nonsense when Pepper is in danger and to have Felicity dies as Oliver’s mother died, no imagination. BRING FELICITY BACK IDIOTS THAT COUPLE IS THE SHOW!!!!!!!!! Just as Castle and Beckett is the show Castle and see how long it has beengoing strong???? Dear Lord.

29. Erika says:

onistly from what I could tell from the sneek peek season 4 is going to be better than 2 and 3. Two and three were pretty predictable but it was still good. But I can tell this season will be much better

30. jay set says:

She isnt dead. Well first of all the cw doesnt have the balls to kill her. My guess is oliver will fake her death so he can take care of Dark more smoke and mirrors.