Dirty Dancing Remake Breslin

Dirty Dancing Remake Eyed at ABC, Starring Scream Queens' Abigail Breslin

But can she carry a watermelon?

Scream Queens‘ Chanel No. 5, Abigail Breslin, has been tapped for the female lead in a three-hour Dirty Dancing remake that is poised to get a green light at ABC, pending further casting.

To be adapted for television by Jessica Sharzer (American Horror Story) and counting Dirty Dancing screenwriter Eleanor Bergstein among its executive producers, the Lionsgate TV-produced redo will feature “filmed song and dance performances” as it follows Frances “Call Me Baby, But Don’t Put Me in a Corner” Houseman, an innocent 1960s lass who vacations with her family in the Catskills and eventually falls for the resort’s swivel-hipped, working-class dance instructor, Johnny Castle.

Jennifer Grey played Baby in the 1987 motion picture.

Wayne Blair (Australia’s The Sapphires) will direct the potential telepic, while Hamilton‘s Andy Blankenbuehler, a Tony Award winner, will serve as choreographer.

With Breslin on board as Baby, who’s your pick to follow in the late, great Patrick Swayze’s footsteps as Johnny?

1. wrstlgirl says:

STOP IT!!

2. chadcronin says:

I like her, but I can’t picture her in the role

3. Jennifer says:

Seriously … NEW IDEAS!!!!!! We don’t need any more remakes.

4. CJ says:

Anyone who loves the dirty dancing do not want to see this.

5. No. NoNoNoNo NO. Everyone stop with the remakes. Seriously…Just STOP.

6. Katie says:

Really??? Why is this necessary? (Spoiler alert: it’s not!) The original Dirty Dancing has definitely withstood the test of time — no need for a remake!

7. Shannon says:

I’m not a Dirty Dancing fan, but this seems so wrong. I like Abigail Breslin, but I can’t picture her in this role. There’s no need for a remake, either.

8. Jeri says:

I hope she and the whole show can live up to the original. It will be very difficult as this was a classic.

9. Patricia says:

No, just stop! Stupid, stupid idea.

10. shunda1177 says:

First Urban Cowboy now this. WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY???? Can we start a Kickstarter fund for them to NOT make this?!

11. Shunda1177 says:

First Urban Cowboy and now this. WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY???? Can we start a Kickstarter fund for them NOT to do this?!

12. Annie says:

They’ve been threatening to remake this for years. It’s one of my favourite movies so I’m naturally hesitant, but I’ll check it out.
    The dang well better put in that political storyline. DD is beloved for its criticism of anti-choice radicals and the dangers that exist to women from not having access to health care. It’s, more largely, a story about how women’s sexuality is policed and about how privilege/class affect your life. And remake needs to retain this essential element of the story.

13. Magali says:

The original still holds up so… WHY???

14. Doug says:

Why remake a period piece? I could understand a different vision or modernization. But just remaking the same movie is a waste of time.

15. LT says:

All remakes need to be BANNED.

16. Wendy says:

I reject this. No. Leave the classics ALONE!

17. Fernanda says:

Don’t F… With the original!

18. Melody says:

This is going to be a flop of EPIC proportions. Mark my words!

19. Kunle says:

WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!WHY!!!!

for why, why why, i like Abigail but why, its gonna flop flop so bad, and i agree CAN we start a kick starter fund, or who do i right to tell them why this is a bad idea. remember dirty dancing 2….neither do I cause the 1st is all i’ll ever need its timeless still refereed to…..Just why

20. Erin says:

I adored Abagail when she was younger but these days… I do t know if it was that awful ‘music’ she made or that awful scream queens and the scenery chewage or that awful hair and maybe all of the above but I’m not much of a fan. That plus dirty dancing? Should be left alone.

21. Wendy says:

Poor casting choice and this has flop written all over. And 3 hours??? Stop…just stop.

22. liame says:

LOL,Hahahahaha!

23. A says:

Terrible idea, terrible casting.

• A says:

At least when they were talking about remaking this as a feature film with Lea Michele a few years ago, it actually made sense.

24. Bec04us says:

Poor choice for a lead actress… I would be behind a remake with a different lead.

25. Holly says:

Hands down Channing Tatum!!
    Problem solved! Hes amazing! The Patrick Swayze of this generation

26. wendy kay pierce says:

They should HAVE tried to find sommeone who looked nore like the original “Baby” Jennifer Grey and the same goes for “Johnny” Patrick Swayze! A Special Dedication towards the gone but not forgotten wonderful actor!W

• Carrie says:

I completely agree! I definitely do not want to see a remake of dirty dancing! But if they are going to try, then they definitely need to pick actors that portray the original. Baby needs to be petite with average looks. I think Julianne hough would make a great Penny Johnson-the dance instructor that gets pregnant in the original. I also second the suggestion of Channing Tatum as Johnny castle bc he does have the build like Swayze and he can dance. But honestly, I really cannot think of anyone that perfectly fits Baby. With all do respect, I do not see Abigail Breslin fitting that character at all. I probably won’t see the remake anyway, so I guess they should just pick whoever they want!

27. Wendy Kay Pierce says:

NO WAY They can take such a classic and do such a justice for Patrick Swayze! Leave We’ll Enough Alone!!!!

28. Kay Pierce says:

STOP ALREADY WITH REMAKING OLDIES BUT TRUE GOODIES!!!!! What a D*** JOKE!!!!!