Exclusive

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fall Finale Sneak Peek: Malick Has Bad News for Jemma

This Tuesday on the fall finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 9/8c), Simmons shares a snippet of intel with HYDRA honcho Gideon Malick — only to get some very bad news in return.

When last we tuned in, Malick (played by Powers Boothe) had deployed a scouting party led by Ward, along with a begrudging Fitz, to the planet to retrieve the mighty Inhuman on the other side. In the exclusive sneak peek above, Jemma (Elizabeth Henstridge) corrects Giyera’s (Mark Dacascos) calculations, if only to assure Fitz’s safe return. Malick, though, has wildly different priorities, as he then makes clear to his captive.

Per ABC’s official synopsis for the episode “Maveth,” Fitz and Coulson — who covertly tagged along for the trip through the portal — will take the ultimate risk, while Daisy and her team of Inhumans fight to keep HYDRA at bay.

Want more scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Joey Padron says:

Good clip. Can’t wait to watch mid-season finale next week!

2. Christina says:

So excited for this! And very ready to see Jemma and Fitz’s reunion.

3. Hollie says:

If they touch a HAIR on Fitz’s head, I Swear…

4. J.A. Braun says:

The Avengers should have put Malick on that nuke that Iron Man sent through the Chitauri portal. But they didn’t, so we get to hate him now. I love this show!

• peterwdawson says:

I’m just glad they brought the character back. You get a film connection, a villain played by a pretty solid actor (was never a huge Boothe fan but he works fine since villains are his forte), and someone believable to milk the otherwise now perhaps somewhat tired premise of Hydra still being a threat after that purge Coulson ran last season.

5. Luis says:

I love how big a sucker Ward is. Can’t wait to see what he does when he survives and realizes Malick played him like a violin

6. Katy says:

Who else thinks Simmons is going to fly into a rage at any minute?

7. Darin Dennis says:

Mark this down, Grant Ward will be possessed by the creature/inhuman on the planet and become the Hydra leader non as The Hive.

8. Rick Katze says:

Hail Hydra. Consistent to the end.

Since I don’t expect Ward to be killed, it should be interesting to see just how much of his hate gets transferred to Hydra.

The bad news is that I expect this show to end on a cliffhanger with Shield not returning until probably in March. Grumble.

9. Magnus says:

Can’t wait to see Malick killed. I hope the monster eats him as an offering. I predict Fitz will die, and Ward is going to sacrifice himself for the others. I’m calling his redemption.

10. Manny says:

The show is getting better this year. I loved last weeks story. Can’t wait for Tuesday story. Keep the good work up Agents of Shield.

11. Dj says:

You do have to love Malick for send Ward to his death.

12. marcus says:

you would think they would bring in one or two of the lesser Avengers for help