Exclusive

Superhuman First Look: New Fox Competition Celebrates 'Ordinary People With Extraordinary Abilities'

Mere mortals need not apply for Fox’s upcoming Superhuman — but you can get a taste of the new game-show special via this exclusive first look.

The two-hour event (airing Jan. 4 at 8/7c) tests 12 people with “extraordinary” (think: highly impressive party-trick) skills. As these folks show off their talents, the audience — and a panel of personalities — decide who’s deserving of a $100,000 prize.

Kal Penn (House) hosts; Mary Lynn Rajskub (24), boxer Mike Tyson and brain surgeon Dr. Rahul Jandial make up the panel.

In the sneak peek above, Penn and Rajskub walk you through the special’s concept and introduce you to some of the talents on parade, including contortion, extreme powers of perception and lightning-quick math prowess.

In the words of Tyson: “This is spooky stuff, man.”

Press PLAY on the video above, then hit the comments: Will you tune in to Superhuman?

1. Al says:

Ordinary People With Extraordinary Abilities’
    Isn’t that heroes tag linen lol

2. Boiler says:

FOX has just given up haven’t they!!

3. Stacy says:

Rajskub is superhumanly cool. :D

4. Isn’t this just the same show as History’s “Stan Lee’s Superhumans,” except in game-show form?

5. liame says:

This looks interesting and entertaining, can’t hurt to watch a few episodes. Compared to the so called reality crap they have going on right now, this looks Emmy worthy.

6. Sofia Claire says:

This looks so dumb! That all we need another cheesey ball Game show. I’m sorry fox but why not put you effort into something good. It’s a game show about people who have to much time on their hands. Sorry but I will be skipping this one however I will be tuneing in for Grease lol

7. Terri Jay says:

I should be on this show. I can find gold on maps, talk to people in a coma, communicate with animals with amazing details and talk to people and pets who have passed.

8. christopher bee says:

That looks like a cheap ripoff of the former biggest European Show “Wetten Dass” but i love Kal and Mary Lynn, so let´s give it a try.

9. ken jordan says:

Its good to know there are still shows like this. I come from shows like that’s incredible. good job its about time.

10. I m Roshan panjwani belong from Bhopal India.
    I want to inform you that I can control my sperm ejaculation during sex with women upto two whole hours easily and can go upto three hours. I have control over ejaculation through my mind.
    I surely believe that you will take the matter in your interest.

11. Hi, my name is Michael, I am interested in your competition, pls feel free ti contact me through my website.