You're Back in Room Series Order Fox

Fox Orders Hypnotizing Game Show You're Back In the Room

You’re getting very sleepy, very sleepy, very sleeeeeeepy… now quick — do something mildly complicated and potentially incredibly embarrassing!

That’s the basic premise of You’re Back in the Room, a comedy game show that got a series order at Fox on Wednesday.

Based on the British series of the same name, Room contestants are hypnotized, then asked to complete everyday tasks (painting a picture, frosting a cake, etc.). Hilarity (hopefully) ensues.

Fox’s version of the ITV game show, from Karen Smith (Strictly Come Dancing), Tuesday’s Child and BBC Worldwide Productions, will begin shooting its eight one-hour episodes in early 2016; a host has not yet been chosen.

Are you intrigued by You’re Back in the Room‘s concept? Tell us about it in the comments!

1. David4 says:

So how long until it’s revealed that the people are actors and the thing is fake? I’m thinking right around the time the first episode comes out.

2. Boiler says:

This network continues to be more embarrassing, not that they can top what they did to the Bones folks

3. AngelWasHere says:

Sounds stupid. I bet it it gets cancelled the same week it premieres.

4. liame says:

This is ridiculous, it’s fake! These people love wasting money.

5. Cathy Viviano says:

LAME GAME SHOW. I can bet you $20,000 that it’ll be cancelled in a heartbeat :)

6. thisismenow says:

Since you can legitimately hypnotize a person over the television and shows like AGT has been required to not show the contestants doing hypnosis (the one that got major publicity was when Howie was hypnotized and he can now shake hands), are they going to have a guy talk off screen and then we’re supposed to buy they contestants have been hypnotized?

7. TiredofTripe says:

This show is a dumb idea. I can’t imagine what kind of release forms the contestants would have to sign.

What if certain susceptible viewers get post-hypnotic suggestions?

By the way, that photo reminds me of the last few seasons of “American Idol.”

8. peterwdawson says:

Seems like it would need more a hook.

9. Al Tarigo says:

Okay, so when I first read this article I thought the show sounded dumb. BUT, then I went and found the British show online and watched a couple episodes, and loved it! It was way funnier than I expected and now I’m actually looking forward to the American version (so that I can get more of the pop culture references, if nothing else). I don’t usually watch game shows, but this one I might make an exception for.

10. xyz says:

Hypnotoad is better than this!

11. Anna Currie says:

How do you apply to get on the show the British version is fantastic

12. Anna Currie says:

I can assure you the British version is not actors I went for selection days and I’ve never acted in my life