Exclusive

Scream Queens: Chanel Reveals the True, Twisted Meaning of Black Friday

For Chanel Oberlin, it’s the (second) most wonderful time of the year.

I’m talking, of course, about Black Friday, the holiday of choice in Tuesday’s Scream Queens (Fox, 9/8c). And after last week’s episode — which concluded with the discovery of Gigi’s severed head at the Thanksgiving dinner table — I’d say the ladies of Kappa Kappa Tau are in desperate need of a little retail therapy.

But as Emma Roberts’ (allegedly) killer character reveals in TVLine’s exclusive clip above, Black Friday isn’t really about getting the best deals on otherwise-expensive items. It’s about buying “deliberately cheap, totally forgettable Christmas gifts for friends! The obvious cheapness of the gift makes them question our friendship and makes them way easier to manipulate, as they try desperately to get back on my good side.”

Oh, Chanel, how you slay us. (Allegedly.)

Hit PLAY on the Scream Queens clip above, then drop a comment below: With only two weeks left, who’s your pick for the killer?

1. Why is this show still on?

• robandco says:

Because enough people are tuning in every week. And DVR ratings are borderline correct, which is OK for FOX.
      Why come here and trash a show you obviously don’t like. Hater much?

• Calm down. The show started out strong and has declined in quality ever since. The plot is thin and there are very few developments each episode, making for a ton of filler. Characters are introduced and either disappear or are killed off in the same episode. And I’d hardly say my line of “Why is this show still on?” is “trashing” the show.

• dan says:

It’s hilarious.

• robandco says:

Well yes and no. The show started out strong by killing all the unnecessary characters and then stopped the killings but in terms of quality the show has improved. The best episodes have been the last ones. Sure the plot is thin, but it’s not meant to be True Detective or something like that, it’s a Ryan Murphy production. It’s nowhere near being a good show or must watch TV but it’s really fun.
          Your lined implied a lot of negative things. Would you have asked why The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones is still on?

• sorude says:

It is a shame this show has gone over so many people heads. It is campy fun a classic guilty pleasure.

• BrightLight says:

I feel the same way. Is it the best show ever? No and it never will be. It is however full of camp and one liners that make me laugh each week, so that’s why I’m still watching.

• Morgan says:

I agree it really a fun show…It reminds me of the stuff I use to watch growing up.

• It hasn’t “gone over my head.” It’s declined in quality since the first episode. I “get it.” I’ll agree that there is loads of hilarious dialogue. I don’t think that makes up for the face that the plot is so thin and there are so many filler episodes.

• melissa says:

so true

• dan says:

I really love it, too. It’s just so funny and ridiculous. I love the things Chanel says, like her horrible eulogy for Chanel #2.

I can see why people hate it. It’s ridiculous, and so much of it makes no sense. Like the way Jamie Lee Curtis teleported out of the shower to get the jump on the Red Devil killer. But still, I forgive it it’s flaws because it makes me laugh.

• pd says:

I’m sure Murphy is still scratching his head!

• Because if it wasn’t, what WOULD you have to come on here and complain about?

• Relax. I said what I said because the show just hasn’t delivered. You can go through all the comments I’ve ever left on this site and you’d see that I’ve never said anything bad about a show before. I just don’t think that all the great dialogue and zippy one-liners makes up for the fact that there’s literally NO character on this show to root for. They’re all terrible, with maybe the exception of Denise Hemphield and she’s not featured nearly enough. Get over yourself.

• Morgan says:

You may have your own opinion…but this show is on because it ROCKS! This is a homage to all the campy thrillers of the 80’s which is my generation. If you cannot see that and appreciate it…then that’s your problem not ours.

• Hey, the 80’s is my generation too. I understand what the show is going for. Campy fun. I don’t think that means that a show on the air in 2015 can rely on “campy nostalgia” alone. It just hasn’t delivered. The plot is thin. The characters don’t show any growth. That’s great for an 80s movie that’s two hours. Not a show that’s 13 episodes long with so few plot developments between them. Also, I don’t believe I mentioned it being your problem?

2. Jared says:

I was so excited for Scream Queens but it turned out to be the biggest disappointment of the Fall season. I still hope Fox renews it so hopefully it can get rebooted into a better show. I’m curious to see what a S2 might look like.

3. Dennis says:

You people are missing the point here. The show is hilarious and a total guilty pleasure. Chad Radwell funniest new character on tv this year

4. VIc says:

In my own opinion, this show deserves a second season. I heard that should there be a second season, the theme would be summer camp. I believe that the show will definitely improve just like what happened to the second season of American Horror Story Asylum. I love Scream Queens so much! Very Entertaining. What do you think guys? :-)

5. Marionna says:

So is it true that Chad and Pete the killers?