Home Invasion

This was an interesting weekend...

Posted by Peter Jackson on Sunday, November 29, 2015

Doctor Who Video: Peter Jackson Hints at Directing (With Help From Twelve)

Should we be bracing for Lord of the Doctors: Fellowship of the Tardis?

Oscar winner Peter Jackson received a “visit” from Peter Capaldi‘s Doctor Who in a video posted to Facebook Sunday night, which toyed with the idea of the Lord of the Rings director manning the camera for an episode of the beloved sci-fi series.

RELATED Supergirl Picked Up for Full Season

Our best guess? If showrunner Steven Moffat agrees to polish Jackson’s Academy Awards for the foreseeable future, he’ll be free to fly to England for a four-to-six month shoot.

Watch The Doctor’s abrupt visit above, then sound off in the comments: Would this be too mean a tease if Jackson’s video wasn’t followed up with an official announcement?

1. KayCeeCee says:

It would be amazing in Peter Jackson would write/direct a story line arc for Doctor Who!

2. Kansas Blutbad says:

A reasonably humorous video.

3. Simon Jester says:

I would’ve been more excited about this before seeing the bloated mess that THE HOBBIT became…

• peterwdawson says:

Bear in mind a partial reason for that was a combination of studio mandates and Jackson taking over for Guillermo Del Toro with far less time to prepare than when he’d done LotR.

4. B says:

Fun! It would be great if he did an episode (or arc — I liked the two-part structure this year). Please tell me, though, that there isn’t going to be more than a year to wait for the next series.

5. Simone says:

That was awesome!

I’m all for Peter Jackson directing an episode of WHO.

Sidenote: Was that Jackson trying to act? Because, umm, NO! It was terrible. LOLZ

6. Christopher says:

Yo, I’m not even gonna lie: If I were an Oscar winning producer/director/writer/actor, I would totally bring my Oscar(s) EVERYWHERE I went, and some heffa tried to come for me? I’d just pull it out and show them it.

7. DarkDefender says:

This is all kinds of awesome. Exterminate! lol