Friends: The One Where We Rank All the Thanksgiving Episodes

Holidays can be a joyous time with family — or a wonderful time to catch up with Friends.

The classic sitcom made Thanksgiving an annual tradition — except for that one year it was too busy with Ross, Rachel and the world’s most unnecessary pros-and-cons list (I mean, Julie, really?!) — leaving millions of viewers to anticipate how the Central Perk Six would celebrate the glutenous occasion.

Whether the holiday was marked by the disappearance of Underdog, or the arrival of A-list guest stars like Brad Pitt and Christina Applegate, viewers knew to expect something out of the ordinary.

And to show TVLine readers just how thankful we are for all of you, we’ve gone back and rewatched each of the Thanksgiving episodes, ranking them from worst to best. (And should you wish to partake in a similar binge, a marathon featuring each of the following installments begins at 11 am on TBS.)

Browse our rankings in the gallery above — or click here for direct access — then cast your vote for the best Friends-giving.

1. NDFan says:

I agree with all of these, except I’d probably switch 1 and 2. The One Where Ross Got High is one of my all-time favorites.

2. Kyle says:

Agree with the top 2, but the one with all the football should be higher on that list… it is hilarious

• A fan of TV says:

I agree with this. To be fair, though sure Rachel and Phoebe were portrayed in it as unable to grasp sports, this was consistent to the characters for the most part. Phoebe and Rachel were never sporty. I’d put the episode higher as well.

3. rebecca says:

Watching fat Monica dance will always make me smile. I think the one with Brad Pitt should be higher, even though I feel weird watching it ever since they broke up.

4. kmw says:

All of Friends Thanksgiving episodes were terrific but season fives was funniest

5. Rach says:

how do you choose just one?

6. gabriel says:

-You know what I cannot believe? Is that my so called sister gets a 30% discount from Ralph Lauren and I still have to pay retail?

– A-HA-HA-HA it’s 45%

– You bitch!

LOL best episode hands down

7. LADY_in_MD says:

My favorite is the one where Ross Gets High
    When Monica and Ross start spilling the beans to their parents
    Ross and Rachel got married in Vegas and Ross got divorced AGAIN!

8. Anna says:

I’m surprised more people don’t love “The One With Rachel’s Other Sister” – Christina Applegate is brilliant in that episode!
    youtube.com /watch?v=LVS2O3ha8f0

9. Dude says:

My personal favourite is “The One With Rachel’s Other Sister” cause I love Christina Applegate in that role but it’s not as essential as others. The One Where Ross Got High is probably the best.

10. Carol C says:

It was so much fun watching the TBS Friends marathon. Thanks for the quickie summaries.

11. shump says:

The One with all the Thanksgivings just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. When Monica gets called fat I get bummed and unable to laugh at the rest of the episode.

12. LoopyChew says:

As little as I care for Fat Monica jokes, a turkey on the head is a turkey on the head.