TVLine Readers Thankful 2015

TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Arrow, Parks and Rec, The Good Wife, Once, Kimmy Schmidt, Grey's and More!

As TVLine readers gather ’round the dinner table this Thanksgiving, based on what you’ve told us, many of you will be raising a glass to another superb year of television.

Now that Team TVLine has shared its small-screen gratitude, it’s time to highlight the characters, shows and scenes that left you feeling thankful in 2015.

From How to Get Away With Murder‘s groundbreaking HIV storyline to Parks and Rec‘s farewell season to Pretty Little Liars‘ big ‘A’ reveal, you gave kudos to a wide range of TV gems.

Scroll through the gallery below — or click here for direct access — to see the submissions we’ve highlighted, then hit the comments with your own picks!

1. Jason says:

Marvel and Netflix for giving us a dark action-packed set of TV series with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Plus two great casts that place the MCU on the Earth’s street level.

2. Vari says:

Loving OUAT this season alot.

3. Kate says:

Totally loving the way Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak’s relationship has been written so far in Season 4: loving, sexy, mature, healthy. Definitely thankful for this!

4. Lana says:

Amen Annie! Love having JDM on my tv every week and I LOVE the beard and glasses. *swoon*

5. Emma says:

I’m really happy with the way that Oliver and Felicity’s relationship is being written.

6. Lente says:

My love for this list know no bounds. OLICITY is life yall. Embrace it

7. Anna says:

I am thankful for how they are writing oliver and felicity. I am thankful htgawm. I am thankful for ouat.

8. Angela says:

Hear, hear for HTGAWM! They’ve really been stepping things up even more this season, and they gave us one hell of a winter finale to mull over! I also love that the characters are getting more and more developed as the season goes on, too.
    I’ll always be thankful for all my favorite shows just being on TV. It’s so nice, when things are stressful, to come home and turn on something entertaining at night, and see my favorite characters for half an hour or an hour.
    I’m also thankful to Yahoo! for letting “Community” have another breath of life online, and allowing us to have a nice finale with that show. And Jon Stewart may not be hosting “The Daily Show” anymore, but I’ll always be thankful for the years he put into that show. His take on the craziness in the world was always entertaining and thoughtful. And on a similar note, it’s been great to see Larry Wilmore and Trevor Noah diversify the talk show landscape a little more-I’ve been enjoying them as well.

9. Jenna says:

So thankful for the Superhero Genre! Each show in the growing genre is unbelievably good, and they are so diverse in tone and focus and strengths, that it is impossible to truly pick the best one. Also kudos to the genre for bringing such amazing actors playing such loveable characters onto our screens once a week such as Barry Allen, Iris West, Felicity Smoak, John Diggle, Leo Fitz, Daisy Johnson, Lance Hunter, Melinda May, Bobbi Morse, Ray Palmer, Supergirl… The list goes on and on! And thanks to TVLine for understanding (and fueling) my Superhero addiction, I can count on you guys for scoop and spoilers every time :) Happy Thanksgiving!

10. Lani says:

Is there ANY news about HINDSIGHT getting picked up on the INTERNET or ANOTHER Cable station? I can’t believe VH1 cancelled it.

11. Angie says:

Totally love Olicity and the character development of Oliver Queen this season. Love some Arrow. Please don’t destroy our beautiful couple!

• Claire says:

I agree, and am happy they were highlighted. I think they have shown that they work extremely well as a couple and hopefully the show runners won’t pull any shenanigans for the sake of PLOT.

12. Spence says:

So happy to see Parks’ final season on here, I was surprised it was absent from the TVLine team’s list.

13. Jacki says:

Tv wise- Thankful for Oliver and Felicity on Arrow!! Love their relationship and how it has been handled.

14. Drew says:

Regardless of the relationship aspect, Oliver and Felicity have both been dumbed down this year. The weakness of the individual characters makes it hard to cheer for the couple.
    Diggle and Lyla are still the strongest couple on the show. Thea has been great. Laurel is good, but could use some stories of her own. Possibly even away from Star City, so we can see how she does on her own. I’m thankful that this season is stronger than last season, but I find it odd that the main character is a weak point.

• lily says:

They’ve been dumbed down to sell others. Felicity at her best wouldn’t need Curtis and Oliver at his best wouldn’t need 568586 sidekicks. But the show wants them so we get a semi competent Oliver in the field and Felicity who isn’t doing things she would have done in the past.

• Drew says:

Which is just sad. They should cut back on team outings, so those who do go on a mission can shine. Oliver should be the leader and he should kick butt like no other.
        At this point, it seems like Felicity is being replaced by Curtis. So she either dying soon, or they’re destroying her character. Even in non-techie terms, she is stealing money from her company to fund Oliver.
        People keep going on about how great Olicity is this year and all the great character development, but those characters are being torn to shreds.

15. Steven says:

Thanks for including my HTGAWM submission! Awesome!

16. But, you are going to definitely see a decrease in the amount of gaming
    you’ll do, that’s for confident. Warning: this shirt will most likely make your wife roll her
    eyes.

17. Jane says:

I’m grateful for oliver and felicity, beautiful relationship, I can’t believe they manage to do this on that network. They’re more interesting now rather than when they were apart *cough*season 3*cough*, that’s rare.

I’m also grateful for grey’s anatomy. Great season so far. Love everything about it.

18. Geeta Mungal says:

I am thankful for all the wonderful shows and especially thankful for Oliver and Felicity characters on Arrow hopeful that they keep them together lol

19. roha says:

Arrow,flash……….

20. kirads09 says:

Think I am most thankful (TV wise) that Netflix not only picked up and gave Longmire a S4 but will give it a S5. It is an outstanding quality show. The fandom is amazing.

21. kirads09 says:

I am also so thankful for Vincent as Fisk/Kingpin in Daredevil. That is about as near perfection as it gets.

22. Grateful says:

I’m grateful for The Player (sniff PLEASE have season 2, come on!); Person of Interest (sniff, sniff, grabs kleenex…cause I’m concerned about it’s status); Agents of Shield (glad Simmons is back); Scandal (glad Olivia and Fitz are history, even if it’s not forever, I’ll take what I can get; Madam Secretary (love Ms Leoni); Quantico; loving all the superhero shows; grateful for Netflix’s original programming and I sure as heck am grateful to Netflix for giving me programs to watch over the winter break/Christmas season that is so desolate of original programs, just a mass of repeats, repeats, rare good Xmas programs, repeats, repeats. TG for Netflix (and DVR’s). Last, but not least, thank you for Game of Thrones (come on, George, finish that book!)
    Enjoying blindspot and I’ll second that Jeffrey Dean Morgan emotion (put him on Supernatural also please)

23. I agree about beng thankful for Once & about PLL revealing second A

24. Jessica says:

I’m thankful for Olicity on Arrow! A believable and beautiful couple we got to watch develop from the start into the most realistic, role model-worthy relationship on television! (That obviously has plenty more places to go, so the writers really can’t kill it witout doing irreparable damage to the show and it’s fan base.)

25. I’m thankful for all the scoop I get from TVLine.
    I’ve been following Michael since his TV Guide days and I really like the team here.

Special thanks to you for watching a lot of crap so I don’t have to!

26. Vicki says:

Very, very thankful for the mature, realistic relationship between Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak on Arrow. It’s one of the main reasons I watch the show. Their scenes always sizzle and I love watching their relationship grow and deepen with each season. Absolutely the best couple on TV!

27. Clara says:

Full of gratitude for the relationship of Oliver & Felicity alias Olicity on Arrow! The writers gave them a chance to potray a relalistic, complex relationship in all the crazyness of the series and Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards more than used this opportunity! Very believalble & strongest couple on TV for me right now!!

28. Mike M says:

I give thanks to Jon Stewart & David Letterman. They may be gone but will never be forgotten.

29. Rootfan says:

Thankful for Netfix who introduced me to Person of Interest in binged that show for like 3 days and bought the last season on Apple TV. Amazing show and thankful for CBS bringing it back hopefully to stay!!! Last but not least, I’m thankful for Amy Ackerman who has just given me my favorite character on tv ever……Root!!!!!