Exclusive

Rosewood Video: Watch Taye Diggs Work His Magic on Detective Villa

Step aside, Morris Chestnut; there’s a new Prince Dr. Charming coming to Rosewood.

TVLine has an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Taye Diggs‘ arrival on the Fox drama (Wednesday, 8/7c) — the Private Practice alum is playing “one of Rosewood’s old college chums,” Dr. Mike Boyce — and as you might imagine, things get real steamy real quickly.

“Mike has this rugged sort of vibe, very smooth,” Jaina Lee Ortiz says of Diggs’ character, an infectious disease specialist who immediately has eyes for Annalise. “Rosewood is very charming, but he’s the cheesy charming, and Mike is the sort of, like … yeah, he’s that sort of charming.” (Even the cast can’t talk about him without getting tongue-tied!)

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment with your thoughts on Diggs’ arrival below.

1. Luis says:

Still mourning “Forever;” can’t bring myself to follow “Rosewood.”

2. MizShelbyK says:

I was hesitant to like any new show since Forever was canceled but Rosewood has really grown on me. It’s well-written, acted and funny. I like the diverse cast and family-feeling.

• Skyler says:

I miss Forever but Rosewood has grown on me too. Looking forward to seeing the hotness Taye Diggs in this show *swoon* Plus it’s nice to have the 2 actors reunited since Best Man Holiday. I’m such a TV junkie!

3. Mike says:

Rosewood is smartly acted. The tension between Rosie and Villa keeps viewers coming back, not to mention how incredibly talented. and spot-on Rosie is. Mike’s showing up will create a I-better-get-to-this response in Rosie if he has any notion of taking his relationship to the next level will Villa.

4. King says:

If Villa gives it up to Mike I will be pissed! To build up that type of tension between rosewood and villa but she just falls for Mike that quick and gives it up to Mike? NOOOOO!!!

5. Ey says:

What song was playing during shower scene between Detective Villa and Dr. Mike?

6. Fernando Nunez says:

More a question…was the murder scene house the same house used in Scarface? Frank Gomez’house?