Grease: Live Video: Full Cast Revealed in Official 'Hand Jive' Promo

After giving us a taste of Sandy, Danny and Rizzo in photo form, Fox on Tuesday unveiled the first promo for Grease: Live, featuring stars Julianne Hough, Aaron Tveit and Vanessa Hudgens showing off their “Hand Jive” skills.

Also seen in the teaser: singer Carley Rae Jepsen, Scream Queens‘ Keke Palmer and You’re the Worst‘s Kether Donohue rounding out the Pink Ladies as Frenchy, Marty and Jan, respectively.

Press PLAY to watch the video, then hit the comments with your thoughts about Fox’s take on “America’s favorite musical,” airing Jan. 31.

1. Lysh says:

Unpopular opinion, but beside the music I kinda hate Grease. I love Aaron Tveit though, so I’ll probably watch it. Vanessa looks great with that hair.

• sntindall says:

I semi-agree. It’s one of those movies I watched SO MUCH as a kid. I mean I’ve probably seen it at least 100 times, but I can’t bring myself to watch it anymore. However, I love the crap out of Aaron Tveit so I’ll be tuning in.

2. Wordsmith says:

Can’t fault the casting. They each certainly look the part, and based on their past work, we know they can all carry a tune.
    It’s easy to poke fun at the fact that some of them are BLATANTLY not teenagers, but by this point, that’s pretty much one of the trademark aspects of any staging of this show. It’s not an error – it’s an homage.

3. kd86953 says:

GOD Aaron Tveit, bow downnnnnnn.

4. Diz says:

Cool! I wish it was airing in Dec. & not until the end of Jan. though.

5. Kim R says:

I worked at our local cinema behind the candy counter when Grease came out. I have seen it so many times and cannot wait to see it in January. They all look great! :)

6. Alex Miley says:

The TBirds SUCK! Danny looks like Kenickie… Sigh…. I’m much more pleased with Sandy and the Pink Ladies than I thought I would be,however.

7. zac says:

This looks promising. I havent watched the oringinal Grease though so this live special would be my introduction to that world. Surprisingly, Aaron Tveit looks like a high schooler here

8. Tina Fey says:

This. Looks. Terrible. Did no one learn their lesson about casting Julianne Hough for an ACTING role? Dancing…sure. However, when it comes to her acting, she single-handedly ruined the theatrical version of “Rock of Ages” as one of the leads with an extremely poor singing voice. Ugh…

• ninergrl6 says:

There was A LOT that ruined the Rock of Ages movie, like completely changing the plot from the stage show, cutting/adding characters unnecessarily, and catering to big name “stars” at the sacrifice of storyline and character development. Julianne Hough was hardly the biggest problem.

I’m so excited for Grease Live! It was my favorite musical growing up, and having Aaron Tveit in the cast is a nice bonus. Anyone know if this TV version is going to be more like the stage show or the movie? (For example, on stage Kenickie sings Greased Lightning but in the movie it’s Danny)

9. Chris says:

I hate that we have to hear Vanessa sing. She’s the worst. Welcome to Nasal Town.

10. Timmah says:

Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo? That’s the worst thing they could do.

11. Imagecrafters says:

Really looking forward to seeing this show! I like the cast and the promo is promising!