Scorpion Megan Dying

Scorpion Recaplet: Candid Camera

Warning: The following recaplet contains spoilers for Monday’s Scorpion. Proceed with caution.

Unless you have the emotional quotient of Walter O’Brien himself, chances are you were dabbing your eyes as Monday’s installment of Scorpion faded to black.

Despite Walter’s best attempts to preserve his sister Megan’s mind, if not her body, both were lost as Megan succumbed to her multiple sclerosis in “Arrivals and Departures.” And even though Walter only had a few moments at his sister’s bedside before she passed — he was busy ridding the hospital of a major fungal outbreak for most of the hour, no big deal — he got closure with Megan in the form of a video message she filmed long before her condition worsened.

“I don’t know if I’m going to send this, but if you’re watching, it means I’m gone,” Megan told her brother. “And this is how I want you to remember me — healthy and happy and someone who loves you so much.”

She then delivered a gut-wrenching final message, which she had attempted to say on her deathbed before passing away: “Don’t be afraid of who you really are. You’re not your brain. You are your heart, and there are people in this world that love you so much. Walter, don’t be afraid to love. I just want you to be as happy as I am. I love you. Thank you. Thank you for being my brother.”

To no one’s surprise, Walter didn’t shed any tears at Megan’s parting words, but in the final moments of the episode, he was inspired to share a sweet childhood anecdote in which Megan saved Walter from getting in trouble at school. (Walter was an elementary-school know-it-all? You don’t say!)

What did you think of Scorpion‘s emotional outing? Hit the comments with your reactions to the pivotal hour.

1. Tara says:

I cried so hard. Could not believe Megan died. Thought Walter would find a way to save her. She will be deeply misses.

2. Tara says:

I cried so hard. Could not believe Megan died. Thought Walter would find a way to save her. She will be deeply missed.

3. Miss Ellys says:

This is me bawling all over the place right now….just all in pieces everywhere!

4. LMNJ says:

:( still sniffling

5. Fred bittel says:

Just as when kenzie stepped into the portal someone posted “big boys don’t cry” Well this one did. Now It is difficult to type through the tears after this devastating episode of Scorpion.

6. JC says:

Cried buckets and I knew it was coming :( Great episode, but sad to see Megan go.

7. Ballsdeep says:

This show is way too silly

8. Roger says:

Love the show. Loved Megan’s character. I wish they had not given her a disease that was still incurable. I (kind of) hope they do flash backs using the actress but will miss the future she and Sylvester started by marrying. I did not shed a tear as it is make believe but was not prepared for her to die. Walter does not loose like that..

9. Barry Wong says:

I hate that they killed Megan; she was a great character — humanizing Walter, bringing out Sylverster’s courage, and creating opportunities for intimacy and conflict between Walter and Sly, Sly and Megan, etc. They better do something worthwhile with this plot-wise or this is just a big waste.

10. Pat says:

Well, you warned us that this would be a tear jerker. I was doing pretty good at holding it together but watching Sylvester having his last private moment with Megan and giving her the stars that she thought would never be seen be her again, was when my eyes started to well up and the final scene with Walter and everyone there in the room with her as she passed away, well the floodgates of tears just opened up. Not to mention the video that Walter received from Megan after her death, the tears just would not stop. So yes, TV LINE, you warned us all that this was going to be a tear jerker and you stayed true to your word.

11. Vernon Winders says:

Sure hate to see the Megan character go. She was really good! Vernon

12. JB says:

Did anyone catch that Walter grabbed onto Paiges hand when he started telling his story about his sister pulling the fire alarm. It was very subtle but tied up the story line perfectly.

• Paula White says:

I did catch that Walter grabbed Paige’s hand during his story telling. I sure wish they would pick up on Walters emotions. I have a genius son, so I kinda get the whole crew. I love this new series and don’t screw with us and cancel it!

13. Rachel says:

Blubbering mess :-(

14. Hate that Megan died but loved how they showed the effects of M in a realistic way. I look forward to seeing how the team deals with Megan’s death as well as how Sylvester deals with losing the love of his life. And it will be interesting to see how Walter continues to grow.

15. pat says:

So, as someone who has relapsing MS, I was terrified seeing Megan go through all she has . Her body letting her down and yet she gave inspiration. “Please don’t let her die, please don’t let her die, oh NO!” Then the tears, buckets of them. Like Barry said, she and Paige humanized the group. I’m so proud of Sly for not leaving. Some wouldn’t be able to handle this situation and it’s understandable. We all need a Sylvester in our lives. I have one and She’s wonderful!!! To ALL the Sylvesters’ out there, Thank You!

• Heather Leffel says:

I also have MS, I’ve never seen this show but this popped up in my MS Facebook group….what show is this and where can I see this episode?? Do you happen to know? Also, I wish the best for you fellow MS warrior!

• Janet says:

I was so sure Megan would pull through. Such a darling,and Sylvester’s strong and supportive presence was magical. Yes, everyone needs a Sylvester in their lives, I have one. So glad Megan did as well. Yes, its just a show, but for all the nerdy, geeky people out there of which I am one, it’s truly magical that we find someone to love us, quirks and all. Happy Turkey Day to All!

16. Teresa says:

THE ABSOLUTE BEST! I cried throughout the entire show.

17. Dan marinucci says:

Holy cow did that episode become a shocker. I totally love the show, and tape it when I’m not going to be home. ( and yes I still use a VCR) I’m hoping for a season 3.

18. Lorraine says:

Did Walter Obrien really had a sister who pass

19. Brad Gavin says:

Did litte t show www hat MS really is it only added fear I,m quitting watching this show You scared my daughters and family

• Janet says:

Your spelling is scary! MS is serious, Brad Gavin. Please educate yourself and your family regarding it’s progression and symptoms. If your daughters are concerned and scared, please have them examined by qualified medical professionals. Fear of things unknown can be remedied.

20. danoregon says:

Thought the “ill sister” was an odd component of the show initially, but it makes sense if you realize it actually showed Walter’s genius had limitations and how that affected him.

21. Pat says:

I don’t know if it’s the holidays or just remembering many of the loved ones I’ve lost. Recently, my Step Dad to lymphoma in April.
    I found Megan so down to earth and personable I was hoping a miracle for her, but the writers didn’t see fit for that. My heart ached for Sylvester & in a whole different dimension for Walter too!
    I hope that Walter can finally connect with his Dad in the coming episodes, but it will be interesting to see how he copes with Megan’s passing.
    I’ve been thinking about this crazy show all day…am I mourning over a FICTIONAL CHARACTER?
    LOL…I need a life!
    The writers got me on this one!

• Janet says:

Pat, it just proves you are a true and caring person. I respect you for posting your feelings. And it’s okay to mourn Megan.

22. Karen says:

Glad I didn’t see it.. MS won’t kiil us but can cause something that does :(

23. pat says:

Hi Heather Leffel, I’m on the east coast and for me Scorpion is on Mondays cbs. I have on demand which I can watch it on or YouTube. I’m on the MS Facebook group but found it depressing. Good luck to you my friend in arms. Happy thanksgiving.

24. Karen says:

I just started watching the show this season and love the show and the Megan character. I kept hoping that Walter would have had time to find a cure.

25. Karen says:

I am so upset that Megan died!! I just started really watching the show this season and love the show and the Megan character. I kept hoping Walter would find a cure to at least but her more time

26. Cheryl Sims says:

I have MS and I think the show may have caused some concern for newly diagnosed and their loved ones. If you or someone you know has MS it’s incurable but life expectancy is normal or close to normal. Please do your research. I’ve had to talk a few loved ones off the ledge.

Good show I just wish Megan had some other incurable disease, or at least a comment telling people where to find information.

27. People Are People says:

Although some of the situations in this show are over the top, the way the characters are built in this show, it’s hard not to like them. I had hoped that Megan could last longer, but she had a profound effect on Walter and Sylvester. The send off was done quite well.

28. Carole weisblatt says:

Beautiful episode of life and death and love. I hope Scorpian will be returning next season! Love it.

29. Sandy meza says:

Wow! I was and still in tears. Really moving. I hate her character died off the show, but it makes me love the show even more.

30. Janet says:

I love Scorpion. being a quirky nerdy geek myself, it is refreshing to see human portrayal of what the public see’s as mechanical people. We cry, we hurt and sometimes there isn’t enough pistachio ice cream in the world to make the pain go away. Hoping the show returns. Love the cast! Especially Toby!

31. Halfman33 says:

Can you please NOT put spoilers in your heading! They show up in Google and news feeds, so those of us (mainly those outside of the US) who haven’t seen the episode yet have now had things spoiled for us… thanks for that.

32. Brad Gavin says:

I rewatched it from the start I had a few tears rolling down my checks

33. Max Persian says:

I knew this was coming, and like a train in the distance there was nothing that could really be done to stop it. I will miss Megan as a character, but I am curious as to how her passing will affect the rest of the gang. I think the change in Sylvester will continue, and he will be a stronger though sadder person for it. Toby seems to have gained some additional insight into his friends, and Happy won’t show it, but this has surely affected her too. I’m most curious about Walter; perhaps his self-destructive behavior, driven by the obscenely high standards he holds himself to will abate as he lets himself feel the sadness that he will hold inside. I think he will need Paige, Cabe, and to a lesser extent Ray more than ever. If he doesn’t come to terms with his grief, it will end up killing him.

34. Pat says:

Janet, You go Girl!!!!!!!Happy Thanksgiving.

35. Majic says:

I cried it was very touching, just wish they found the cure to keep her.

36. Frank DellaVecchia says:

Wow, I missed the episode where Megan passes. Was watching tonights episode and found out. Having MS myself this hits hard…truly hoped something would happen to save her. Thankfully the numbers are in my favor and others suffering from MS. Just venting friends… Thanks for “listening” ;-)

37. walinda lluvera says:

Happy needs some sexually healing .and maybe she will be happy I enjoy the actors and the show is great hope the see in years to come

38. Sheila Davis says:

This was an unbelievable episode when someone with MS is looking like a death sentence. My daughter has progressive MS. The network and writers should study the disease before making this a disease as to being the end. Shame Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. Milagros Febus-Santos says:

I was totally disappointed. I didn’t think she would die. I thought Walter would have found a way to save her. It would have been awesome for him and the show. She will be greatly missed. I figured maybe she would’ve been able to get Walter out of his shell and finally tell Paige how he feels and that Sylvester would be happy and grow up.

40. Jenni says:

Having MS does not mean you will die! I have personal interest in this disease. Leaving Megan in the series created an excellant story line and would have been able to educate people in a “positive” way about Multiple Sclerosis instead of distressing and scaring so many MSers, families and friends.
    Incredibly stupid waste of a good story line and the character as well as being misleading!