Quotes of the Week Nov. 22

Quotes of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D., Grey's, Jessica Jones, Doctor Who and More

Turkey Day is still 96 hours away, but it’s never too early to give thanks for a week of quotable TV.

This time around, our Quotes of the Week gallery features some dieting advice on 2 Broke Girls, an ominous threat on The Leftovers, a Jessica Jones double entendre, plus double doses of Grey’s Anatomy, Fresh Off the Boat and Supergirl.

Check out the gallery below – or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if we missed any of your faves!

1. Carol G says:

Det.Julio Sanchez, Major Crimes, speaking to reality TV personality: “Everyone in this room knows what a spin-off is.”

2. Mary says:

Kind of surprised that Cat Grant’s “Congratulations. You have the wit of a YouTube comment” wasn’t in this.

3. Lillian says:

You don’t “itch” your nose, you scratch it. Sheesh

4. S. says:

That whole ending of Doctor Who was extraordinary. Get out the tissues. I wondered how they’d manage it and wow it left me completely jarred. Needed SNL to shake me loose on that. I probably liked them a lot more this week than I should’ve because I needed the laugh. As for another quote, the Grey’s one is both nicely quippy and a bit frustrating. The doctors being into patients thing was over the line with Denny and that wasn’t the only time. Being asked to find this line funny doesn’t work as well as it should because sometimes the Grey’s docs totally *do* say ‘ah screw it’ and violate all kinds of rules when it comes to that. A character being exasperated about even the implication feels a little weak.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

That 2 Broke Girls quote was hilarious and Cat’s one liner from Supergirl is still the best when she made an X-Files joke calling Hank Henshaw as Mulder.

6. Jenna says:

The FitzSimmons relationship had some great quotes, glad you included one! (And that kiss! *swoon*) I also loved ‘They’re All Idiots!’ ‘Be Nice.’ ‘Sorry, Well Meaning Idiots.’ And When the ATCU guy asked about Hunter’s shirt; ‘You a Red Sox Fan?’ ‘Redcoats, Actually.’

7. Jeanne says:

How could you miss The Good Wife — Eli’s secretary telling him she’s done playing I Love Lucy for him – hysterical

8. Blah says:

Also cisco’s “from the sewer to the penthouse. Like a baller” in reference to grodd was pretty great

9. MiaB says:

I loved Jimmy’s “Red licorice vodka? Were you expecting Chris Hansen?” And his red lips afterward at the bar.

10. Skyler says:

The quote from the narrator on Jane The Virgin was hilarious, even more so when he wrote # with an image of blue balls. Totally priceless! Probably my favourite quote of the week followed by the one in Scorpion that I can’t believe wasn’t included – when Toby said “MI6 was trained to not be readable. It’s like the CIA but with crumpets”. You have to watch it to get it anyway but still worth mentioning.