Jennifer Lopez AMAs 2015

Jennifer Lopez Opens 2015 AMAs With Dance-Heavy Performance — Grade It

Never one to settle for being one thing, hostess Jennifer Lopez also kicked off the 2015 American Music Awards on Sunday with a high-energy performance of some of her other people’s biggest hits.

The Shades of Blue star opened with a surprisingly stunning, slowed-down rendition of “Waiting for Tonight” — yes, Cookie, she can sing! — before dancing along to a medley of some of today’s biggest hits, including Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk” and Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda.”

For the record, Minaj didn’t seem too thrilled with Lopez’s tribute:

Armed with a stage full of nude body-suited backup dancers, JLo performed her way through more than a dozen (of other people’s) tunes, concluding with an appropriately angry bit of Rihanna’s “Bitch Better Have My Money.”

Your thoughts on JLo’s big opener? Grade her performance below, then drop a comment with your full review.

Video from the AMAs will be added when available.

1. Me says:

How many animals died for that outfit and those of her dancers??

2. Pamela Hart says:

Awesome performance!!

3. Lex says:

I loved it!!! ;) ♡
    #killedit

4. Kenyetta Jones says:

Breath taking…..makes me realize age is really only a number….u look faboulous…and ur strength in ur dance trully made me realize I can do whatever….thank u. Jlo

5. Ron says:

Get it! Gurl was werkin’ to shut down those haters on all fronts. And I ain’t mad at her for it. She did her thang, and she killed it…and looked damn good doing it!

6. NikB says:

Why does everything have to look like a orgy….just too much sex. Gross.

7. LeahKittyS says:

That was cool! I loved that J-Lo didn’t make it all about herself this time. Let’s hope she can carry that generous spirit back to Idol for the final season.

8. Tracey Wectawski says:

She rocked it!!! Fantastic! !

9. Frenchy says:

She nailed it! Always loved her dancing. Nicki better recognized…

10. Sasha Futran says:

Dead animals for the opening act? Disgusting! Shame on Jennifer Lopez!

11. world famous singer jlo ı love her..

12. Chris says:

Is it just me or are these shows and the predictable formulaic performances (be as SEXUALLY charged as you can) just boring? They used to be fun to watch in the 90s. Now they are just … been there/done it.

13. Nao says:

Not that it should matter much, but one of the songs jlo danced to was not in fact Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda.” It was Sir Mix Alot’s “Baby Got Back.” He’s the original creator of the song. Nicki has no reason to be upset of jlo dancing to that song. Jlo’s big booty came way before Minaj’s.

• NOLA says:

Nicki in my opinion, is a bit jealous of J Lo.

Both woman are talented in their own rights. But, J Lo is the best to me, real class. J Lo has always been famous in part for her large bottom. I like her as a performer and so far as the person she presents to the public.

Nicki on the other hand, I really do not understand all of her material. Her attitude of being ugly to other performers keeps her on the lips of the public. I wonder if she is a nice person at any time?

• NOLA says:

I keep getting a duplicate message on my first post which was not…..will try again to post this message.

Nicki in my opinion, is a bit jealous of J Lo.

14. Olivia says:

Best ever , amazing , blew the ball out of the park. A-B PERFECT& with class u name it she gots it all & beauty. Something like that u can’t make it up, its like what u see is what u get thats very rare.!!!!

15. sexiilove_02 says:

She killed it 💣💣 you go Jlo for your age you did amazing haters gonna hate 👄👄